What does your agency ride in...

traumagirl125

Forum Ride Along
[
92.jpg

2592. 1992 Medtec Type III. Ford Chassis. Very old. Trying to crash this one. :D

We have a bus like this... at the moment it is our oldest and best truck.... all the rest are Wheeled Coach and there is something wrong with them all the time. Of the first year we had our newest wheeled coach truck it spent about 7-8 months in the shop....

Pablo the Pirate

Forum Crew Member
alright since none of you guys said it i'll have too. at my service we ride in ambulances.:p funny thing to work for an ambulance company and to drive one...:rolleyes: seriously though we have 3 type III's...that seem to be getting bigger everytime we get a new one. anywho they are nice rigs wish i had pics to post.

jeepmedic

Forum Captain

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
portwash_8546l.jpg

Here's one of our 3 PL Custom ALS Units

Epi-do

I see dead people
I am lucky enough to be at the station that has the departments "cadilac" - they bought a new ambulance earlier in the year, before I was hired.

This is my ride:

truck1.jpg

truck.jpg

And this is what the rest of the department uses:

truck2.jpg

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
When I was on the ambulance,we had a 1999 Type III extended cab. It was a white with navy blue lettering and striping. The lettering and striping was done by yours truly,even though it would of looked better with silver lining,the budget just didnt allow it,which kinda sucked,but I dealt with it,it was still cool.

Timmy

Forum Ride Along
The paramedics around here have everything. Its a state govenment service so money isnt an issue lol. Pics of vehicles state wide.

toyota-landcruiser-3.jpg

Hotham%20July%202003%20022%20web.jpg

2005-WV-T5-Tansporter%20Ambulance%201.jpg

2002%20Mercedes%20316%20Sprinter%20Car%2049.jpg

2005-Ford-Territory-a.jpg

IMG_4340%20web.jpg

Silverado94

Forum Probie
We roll in a 2006 E-450 Horton Type III but hey we ain't spoiled we just got it a week ago it has everything available. I like it a lot it rides like a caddy.

chico.medic

Forum Crew Member
This is what we work out of:
DSC00152.jpg

DSC00275.jpg

DSC01944.jpg

One of our older units and the FSU (Field Supervisor Unit):
DSC01725.jpg

This is my unit next to one of the local produce trucks, we all though it was pretty funny.
dairymedic.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
LOVE IT!!!^_^

chico.medic

Forum Crew Member
I had no idea you guys had Medics. I thought y'all were transport only!

Learn something new every day! :D

We have units in Sacramento (I have no Idea how their operation works.....I think our CEO owns 51% of them, other wise, we really are not affiliated.) Sacramento units mostly run code 2 calls from nursing homes.

I work in Butte County. We are the sole 911 provider for Paradise, and Oroville Ca. We run 911's in Chico cooperatively w/ Enloe Hospital Ambulance. But in Butte, we're it for ALS. None of the F.D. are ALS. Butte is strictly an ALS county also, so as Sac may have a few BLS rigs, Butte is either dual Medic, or Medic/EMT.

mfrjason

Forum Lieutenant
I love the paint job chico,that is so awesome. I get a laugh out of the pic of the ambulance next to a produce truck,i think its just coincidence.

chico.medic

Forum Crew Member
I love the paint job chico,that is so awesome. I get a laugh out of the pic of the ambulance next to a produce truck,i think its just coincidence.

Thanks, I wish I could say I had something do do w/ the paint, but it was years and years before my time. The produce truck is my doing. I think our rigs are pretty sharp....to bad it's a van, and I'm 6'5''. :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
to bad it's a van, and I'm 6'5''. :glare:

Some of the units at my part-time (EMS) job are the Ford Van conversions, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how the manufacturer thinks anyone over 5'10" will fit. I'm 6' 2" and 225lbs and have had to adopt the "sit straight up and scrunch the knees" style of driving to fit behind the wheel. In fairness to Ford, I'm not sure if it is the fault of them, or the good folks at (Wheeled Coach? Not sure) who added the box with the bulkhead wall right behind the seats. Even though the Type II's have less room in the back, I'll use them over the van conversions. ^_^

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
But leg room is less of an issue in the rig I use at my full-time job :p

DSC03279distorted.jpg

chico.medic

Forum Crew Member
We used to have the wheeled coach, but switched to Leader. The bulkhead is further back, so I actually fit behind the wheel, and can ride shotgun quite comfortably. Heck, I can even recline a little. Next year we are switching to the Leader's w/ the Chevy chassis. Apparently the frame is about 2 ft longer than the Ford. I haven't seen them though.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Leader makes nice rigs... it seems they are very much a west-coast thing, though.... I think AMR's got 2 seperate types of rigs... AEV vans on the east coast, and lots of Leader vans on the West Coast (California).

TinCan, I love the paint job... Slime Lime?