What does your agency ride in...

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 01:40 PM
Cushman.. They make electrical, gas and propane powered carts..
Ambulances, trams, etc.

I thought Castle Rock was just a fictional town used in Stephen King movies & novels. Huh.
Nope...there is a couple of them...we happen to be the Seat of Douglas County Colorado, but I know of one In the State of Washington and there is one in New England. King is not all that creative! ;)

PS re Cushmans...Those things were cool to screw around in!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
We learned after a few runs to turn off the red light on the medical cart while we were transporting though. The patient would look up and just stare at the light, sometimes getting nauseous, sometimes passing out. We just ran the wig wags after that.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+May 16 2005, 01:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 16 2005, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 16 2005, 01:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR
@May 16 2005, 11:40 AM

I figured that's what you meant, but for some reason I was thinking Cushman was a nickname for somebody in some movie or something.

<<-- not enough sleep lately. This could be why though:
Picture030.jpg
yech! amp was responsible for me pulling over one night to puke. That stuff tastes like liquid gummy bears to begin with, but I guess it just didn't like me. [/b][/quote]
I'm buzzed on Code Red right now.....

Jon

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 16 2005, 08:39 PM
We learned after a few runs to turn off the red light on the medical cart while we were transporting though. The patient would look up and just stare at the light, sometimes getting nauseous, sometimes passing out. We just ran the wig wags after that.
Not so good.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC+May 16 2005, 08:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ECC @ May 16 2005, 08:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 01:40 PM
Ambulances, trams, etc.

I thought Castle Rock was just a fictional town used in Stephen King movies & novels. Huh.
Nope...there is a couple of them...we happen to be the Seat of Douglas County Colorado, but I know of one In the State of Washington and there is one in New England. King is not all that creative! ;)

PS re Cushmans...Those things were cool to screw around in! [/b][/quote]
Oh... I couldn't decide weather you or the officer are FDNY transplants.... you both look the part (except for the whole you wearing harness thing)

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 16 2005, 08:39 PM
Nothing wrong with that.... makes the ride more exciting [Dodges puke] Here's a towel, maa'm. How are you feeling [dodges vomit again] better, that's good....

And the passing out part means you don't have to hear how they are allergic to dogs, becuase they had one once in second grade, and .......

Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@May 16 2005, 08:46 PM
Red Coke... yuck

Post 10,000 BTW :p
I don't belive it!!!!!

ECC

Forum Captain
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+May 16 2005, 08:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ May 16 2005, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by ECC@May 16 2005, 08:37 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR
@May 16 2005, 01:40 PM
Ambulances, trams, etc.

PS re Cushmans...Those things were cool to screw around in!
Oh... I couldn't decide weather you or the officer are FDNY transplants.... you both look the part (except for the whole you wearing harness thing)

Jon [/b][/quote]
Busted... :huh:

He looks the part and is a good boss, that is for sure!

I am one of 4 who have the harness and I actually train with it monthy!

vipastyle

Forum Probie
Post Your Vehicles/Responders/Ambulances

Here's a cool picture from this year's open house:
DSC03981.JPG

FFEMT1764

Devil's Advocate
Well, the pic in my posts is what 4 of our transport units look like...2 are front line, 2 spare,all are MAV from Wheeled Coach. We have 2 2004 F-350 ambulances from McCoy Miller. We have 2 spare's F-350 1995 Excellance trucks. 2 Ford F-250 P/U QRV's, 3 mid-90's Dodge 1500 P/U QRV's, and 1 2005 F-350 P/U for resuce trailer pulling only- gotta love the way someone wrote our grant for that one- we have a brand new truck we can use 1-2 times a year on calls, and 2 times a month for training.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Since we have had a few posts recently inquiring about what everyone rides in, I've decided to bring this post back to the top and even "stickied" it. Some of the images have expired, nothing we can do about that.

EMTI&RESCUE

Forum Crew Member
RESCUE RANDY ERRRR WHACKER!!!!! You are THE man. Your very own vintage ambulance. Too cool.

Resqswimmer

Forum Ride Along

our brand new truck

Squad 1

Some call it the mini truck. FR1

Our old Engine

E-1

Brush jeep

Our ambulances are like E450s. but our new one is a chevy. dont know what it is, but we all just call it the mini moster medic, since they are huge, but arent bigger then our neighbor county

Cardiac12030

Forum Ride Along
What we work in...

751sidesnow.jpg

751 - 2001 Road Rescue Type III Ultramedic
52_53_beach.jpg

752 and 753 - 1999 Road Rescue Type III Ultramedics
754newambside.jpg

754 - 2006 Road Rescue Type III Ultramedic
rescue3side.jpg

Rescue 3 - 2005 GMC 1500 Pickup / Utility 4x4 Rescue ALS Unit
rescue1side.jpg

Rescue 1 - 2005 Hackney International Heavy Rescue
R2.jpg

Rescue 2 - 2000 Ford E-550 / Utility 4x4 Rescue
rescue5.jpg

Rescue 5 - 24 Foot Privateer Ocean Rescue Boat

At one time we had a Wheeled Coach, but I must say we love the Road Rescues....

trauma1534

Forum Captain
What does my agancy ride in? An ambulance!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain

our brand new truck

Squad 1

Some call it the mini truck. FR1

Our old Engine

E-1

Brush jeep

Our ambulances are like E450s. but our new one is a chevy. dont know what it is, but we all just call it the mini moster medic, since they are huge, but arent bigger then our neighbor county

I want the jeep when you all get rid of it
:usa: :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator: