What does your agency ride in...

emtal233

Forum Crew Member
At the volunteer ambulance corps we have three type III PL customs on Ford E-450 chasis, and one Freightliner FL50 also from PL Custom vehicles. At the Hospital EMS service I work for all are type III Wheeled Coach custom series except for BLS city 911 units which are Wheeled Coach vans.... :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
My One Co. Has a HORTON! type III on an e350 (next one is E450, can't wait :D )
and a f350 crew cab, Reading body QRS

Other Squad uses AEV's
2 E350 mini-mods
1 E350 Type II with lift kit and 4wd (top heavy as sin, and I WILL NOT USE IT IN SNOW)
2 F350 type I's
1 Tahoe w/ command package, vector bar, arrowstick, SWEET truck, just nice when the lights actually all WORK ;)

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
NEW RULE! You must post pictures of your rigs. LOL :p

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Eaton's Neck FD Ambulance Truck #5 (driven by yours truly):
ambulance.jpg

ambulance2.jpg

Eaton's Neck FD Rescue Truck #1:
truck1.jpg

Commack Volunteer Ambulance Corps antique ambulance:
pr011905.gif

Commack Volunteer Ambulance Corps new twin PL's
COMMAC_1.jpg
COMMAC_3.jpg

COMMAC_4.jpg
COMMAC_2.jpg

Commack Volunteer Ambulance Corps older twin PL's
becimg1.gif

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by emtal233@Feb 14 2005, 09:37 PM
I have a few I wanted to post but I can't seem to find the option.....?
You need to post them on another website like www.photobucket.com and then link to them using the "IMG" button.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
88.jpg

2588 1998 Mercy Mountaineer. Intercept/Command/RRV. Only one in Walworth county.

92.jpg

2592. 1992 Medtec Type III. Ford Chassis. Very old. Trying to crash this one. :D

93.jpg

2593. 1993 First Response Type II. Ford Van. Only one in Walworth county.

94.jpg

2594 2004 Wheeled Coach Type III. Ford Chassis. New. "Wheeled Roach" as we call it.

96.jpg

2596 1996 Road Rescue Type III. Ford Chassis. My baby. Largest box space of our rigs.

Yep. Thats all of them. With 2592, We really are tying to kill it. We aim for deer and stuff. Its falling appart. Almost always its in the shop getting something fixed or replaced. :(

We had one just like it but it was a 1990. That got replaced with 2594 this past summer.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Whacker One...
1968 Chevy Rescu-All Suburban

Made by Amblewagon in Troy, Michigan

Whacker One has a roll-in two man cot, one person can go on the bench (which is on the driver side, and two can hang on the ceiling. It's aged too much to actually hang significant weight from the ceiling. The attendant seat is in front, along with a SMALL cabinet. The "E" cylinder slides in holes in the top of the cabinet.

The wall on the right has storage, I keep the air viva box, and first aid cases in here. The small compartment at the lower left, has broken hinges-so we don't open that. But it would hold backboards, etc.

In the floor, at the doors is a hole that tools are stored in. Every door on the back also has storage for first aid items. The door on the driver side, rear has an axe and crow bar attached. There is also storage on the facade of the partition between the cab and patient compartment. It has three lights in the center of the ceiling, and a shock light at the front. The siren is electronic, and it has no radios.. Some of the outside lights do not work, most have the bulbs removed. It runs fine, automatic, 2 Wheel Drive..

The first aid case is really just old junk, I bought it on eBay, it came from a WWII Ambulance display for reenactors. The resuscitator is steel, and the demand valve is dry-rotted rubber. This came w/ the ambulance, it is OLD... Last test date was 1968, and the Air Vive Resuscitator is actually from the UK. Has adult & Pedi masks, and the plastic cover has aged and stuck to the rubber, the bag deflates when squeezed, then takes that shape. Yuckers.

In fact, I bought all of it on eBay. The ambulance, oxygen kit, first aid case, and resuscitator box. The Oxygen box is wooden, the First aid and resuscitator boxes are a combination of wood, metal, and leather. The great big leather & Steel box w/ red cross is empty, as far as I know anyway, it's heavy and rusted shut. The box at the bottom is wood w/ leather coating and steel-riveted corners. The stuff in side is positivly disgusting. It smells like an old library, and just plain OLD!

1whackeroNE.jpg

7b_3.jpg

0e_1_b.jpg

15_1_b.jpg

fc_1_b.jpg

1inside.jpg

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I bow to you, oh great master whacker.

I am in absolute Awe. I knew you had it bad, but THAT BAD???

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
It's worse.. Our dept. never got rid of old apparatus in the 40's-80's; they just sat it in a field nearby. A past chief owned a junk yard, so nobody ever went through and took stuff off.

If I can figure out how to move a few dozen vehicles, there are four cadillacs in so-so condition waiting to be restored! We pulled a fire truck out a few years back and restored it. They are in pretty good condition considering they are 30-40 years old, but they were covered with salvage tarps. They never got rid of the equipment off them, a whole closet full of old ambulance stuff, this stuff is museum vintage!

As for the 68, I have it in a rental garage, I'm afraid to keep it in the barn in case of fire, or collapse. I'd like to repaint it, but chances are I'd sell it to restore a caddy. The Rescu-All has absolutely no room in the back, and exhaust fumes leak in through the suction unit. It's supposed to work if you get going and let off on the gas pedal, but it lets air in. I'm thinking the hose is broken or rotted, but I can't find where it's hooked up. My grandfather still owns his caddy, used it toward the end of the funeral home-ambulance years. It's in pretty rough shape, but I'll try to get some pictures of that next week. I took the photos of the 68 when I picked it up in Ohio, and the other pics I stole off eBay when the auctions ended. They weren't in as nice of shape as I thought, in fact I'm tempted to build new cases that look like them.

medic03

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by emtal233@Feb 14 2005, 03:39 PM
At the volunteer ambulance corps we have three type III PL customs on Ford E-450 chasis, and one Freightliner FL50 also from PL Custom vehicles. At the Hospital EMS service I work for all are type III Wheeled Coach custom series except for BLS city 911 units which are Wheeled Coach vans.... :D
ahhh, a riverhead vollie. Welcome. It's nice to see more Long islanders on here.

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
We have two Type II rigs, both built by Leader Emergency Vehicles

ra41.jpg

This is RA (Rescue Ambulance) 41, our primary rig, parked in front of my house (and yes, my grass looks much better now :p ).

Don't have a pic of RA 241, our second rig, but its practically the same as RA 41...has a white roof and slightly different markings, and a slightly different interior layout. There is a picture of it (as originally delivered when it was RA 41) on Leader's website.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
OK - I've been slacking. here are the rigs from the Company myself and PARescueEmt Vollie at.

Jon

A1.JPG

55-1 (Right now mostly out of service becuase of an argument with a deer.

It is a 2000 Ford E-350 Type III ambulance converted by American Emergency Vehicles (AEV). A-1 is equipped and licensed as a Basic Life Support Unit by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A-1 is capable of transporting 2 patients at a time. A-1 is used for both ALS and BLS calls as well as interhospital transfers. A-1 is also equipped with a Mobile Data Terminal and On-spot tire chains. Another feature of A-1 is it’s all around Whelen emergency lighting package. A-1 is also equipped with a Whelen Siren package and an AED.

A2.JPG

A-2 is a 2003 Ford E-350 Type III ambulance converted by American Emergency Vehicles (AEV). A-2 is equipped and licensed as a Basic Life Support Unit by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A-2 is capable of transporting 2 patients at a time. A-2 is used for both ALS and BLS calls as well as interhospital transfers. A-2 is also equipped with a Mobile Data Terminal. Another feature of A-2 is it’s all around Code 3 emergency lighting package. A-2 is also equipped with a Federal Signal Siren package and an AED.

A3.JPG

A-3 is a 1993 Ford F-350 Type I ambulance converted by American Emergency Vehicles (AEV). A-3 is equipped and licensed as a Basic Life Support Unit by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A-3 is capable of transporting 2 patients at a time. A-3 is used for both ALS and BLS calls as well as interhospital transfers. A-3 is also equipped with a Mobile Data Terminal and four 500w quartz lights to supply additional lighting to scenes such as motor vehicle accidents. Another feature of A-3 is it’s all around Code 3 emergency lighting package. A-3 is also equipped with a Federal Signal Siren package and an AED.

A5.JPG

A-5 is a 1995 Ford E-350 Type II ambulance converted by American Emergency Vehicles (AEV). A-5 is equipped and licensed as a Basic Life Support Unit by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A-5 is capable of transporting 2 patients at a time. A-5 is used for both ALS and BLS calls as well as interhospital transfers. A-5 is also equipped with a Mobile Data Terminal and. A-5 is also equipped with 4 wheel drive capabilities converted by Quigley Manufacturing Corporation. Another feature of A-3 is it’s all around Code 3 emergency lighting package. A-5 is also equipped with a Federal Signal Siren package and an AED.

A6.JPG

A-6 is a 1994 Ford F-350 Type I ambulance converted by American Emergency Vehicles (AEV). A-6 is equipped and licensed as a Basic Life Support Unit by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. A-6 is capable of transporting 2 patients at a time. A-6 is used for both ALS and BLS calls as well as interhospital transfers. A-6 is also equipped with a Mobile Data Terminal and four 500w quartz lights to supply additional lighting to scenes such as motor vehicle accidents. Another feature of A-6 is it’s all around Code 3 emergency lighting package. A-6 is also equipped with a Federal Signal Siren package and an AED.
A-6 is out to be rechassied and will return as a 2005 F350 desiginated A-4.

sup.JPG

The supervisor’s vehicle is a 1997 Chevrolet Tahoe, which was converted by Odyssey Automotive Specialty. This vehicle is equipped with many features including a mobile command center, hand tools and a variety of medical supplies. This vehicle is used by the supervisor for responding to incidents such as motor vehicle accidents, structure fires, as well as incidents requiring additional support. This vehicle is also equipped with 4-wheel drive for off road access or bad weather. This vehicle also is equipped with a Mobile Data Terminal and an AED.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Here is my other co's rigs:

19147.jpg

Ambulance 5. I belive we have everything but a spare set of board splints on this so we could stock 2 ambulances to the state specs.
2001 E350 / Horton. In the process of being replaced by a 2005 E450 HORTON!

EastWhitelandSquad5.JPG

Squad 5 - Stocked beyond the PA QRS requirements, used as $WD assist, 2nd call in district QRS, and manpower assist for Fire and EMS runs.
2004 Reading body, all LED lighting package with Tomar Strobecom.

emg500

Forum Ride Along
Hey Jon looks like you live close to me :p

I regularly run in Uwchlan and at a substation in West Whiteland.

This is our oldest ambulance, A-1. It's a sturdy little vehicle, but its being replaced in the near future.

871ss.jpg

A-2 has been retired as a result of a bad accident a few years ago that killed a fire fighter, injured several, and totaled an ambulance.

A-3, though, is a piece of junk :p. It's literally falling apart. The engine sounds like it's about to blow up when it idles...it's sad :p

873ss.jpg

A-4 is one of our better ambulances, it's also the ambulance I had my first call in (swollen ankle...boo)

874ss.jpg

Our last ambulance, A-5, is without a doubt my favorite ambulance. Sooo spacious and shiny. It even has a sunroof!

07.jpg

Finally, we have 2 medic units.

Our oldest medic unit is a chase car, it's not really used much anymore except when our second unit is broken or when someone needs to get something from home.

02.jpg

Finally, our second medic unit is a Tahoe, though I'm unsure of anything beyond that :D (Note: the lightbar has since been changed to LEDs)

med87ss.jpg

All of our ambulances are Hortons, and are equipped with whatever we need to get the job done, MDTs , AEDs, opticom, etc. :p

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by emg500@Mar 14 2005, 10:16 PM
Hey Jon looks like you live close to me :p

I regularly run in Uwchlan and at a substation in West Whiteland.

This is our oldest ambulance, A-1. It's a sturdy little vehicle, but its being replaced in the near future.
anyone who would refer to an 87 rig as "Little" has BIG issues.

87-1 is the BIGGEST E-350 ambulance you can buy from Horton. And rember, up until last year, all the ambulances were BLS rigs.

Gosh.

Hey Jon looks like you live close to me
I guess that means I'll have to keep the derogatory Greenie Weenie comments to myself now. :rolleyes: :lol:

Jon

Summit

Critical Crazy
4 F350 Type I (first outs)
2 E450 Type III (second outs)
2 E450 Type ???? (heavy transport)

Fly cars, command vehicles, etc are F250s, F150s, Blazers, and S10s

the heavy transports are double transport rigs (ie, huge box with TWO stryker stretchers for transporting two to three pts at a time on the long haul down the mountain to the real hospitals)

Anyone else run double transport rigs?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
No, but we can transport three patients in two of our rigs. We've got some bars and a folding cot we can hang above the bench seat for the third patient on a backboard.