What does your agency ride in...

Summit

Critical Crazy
Originally posted by ffemt8978@Mar 15 2005, 02:08 AM
No, but we can transport three patients in two of our rigs. We've got some bars and a folding cot we can hang above the bench seat for the third patient on a backboard.
We can do that in our four 911s, but it wouldn't be so comfortable for a 2hr transport and requires lots of extra moving people around to get them back off the ambulance and onto a stretcher. great for MCI rapid tx, not so great for long interfacilities, or long tx in general.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
I had demonstrated for me once after stories from old ambulance attendants, and a bet.. putting nine people on stretchers in a cadillac ambulance. An accident in 1958, and only one ambulance for the county.. they had no choice. The former ambulance was a simple hearse, and it's still used by the funeral home as a hearse, so it was easily accessable. They use it for "imporant people", business owners I suppose, etc.

:eek:

It was true. The Caddy was unusually long, and in those days all they did was load w/ no attendants, so it worked fine. Four on the floor near the rear door, three on the floor near the attendant seats; and two hanging on the ceiling bars on collapsible stretchers. :eek:

The supplies were kept in the doors, under the floor, and under the front seats. Remember it was a still a hearse, it couldn't look like an ambulance. I'd heard stories that after an airplane crash they had four full sized adult caskets in the rear of it. "Large size was a rural necessity". I wish the rear of modern ambulances had that much floor space!

emg500

Forum Ride Along
anyone who would refer to an 87 rig as "Little" has BIG issues.

Hehe, I should've probably said "little" in reference to our other ambulances, it is by no means a small ambulance though.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
emg500,

My god, do those things have seat warmers? I have honestly never seen such nice ambulances, ever.

What kind of service are you running with? I just can't imagine running in an ambulance like those, it must be nice.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok.. my Squad just got a new rig.
AMB554.jpg

The vehicle is a rechassis of a 1992 AEV Type 1 (AMB55-6)

It is now the new (and improved) AMB55-4

The chassis is 2005 Ford F-350 Superduty 4x4

The old box was remounted onto the new chassis with only a few interior changes required...new flooring, new cabinet plexi-glass and new action area switch panel.
Exterior modifications were:
Whole unit repainted and lettered
New lenses on emergency lights
Dual Grover Air Horns
Electric step on curbside patient compartment door
There has been a chrome brushguard installed - don't have a picture yet, but looks SICK!

SCEMT-B

Forum Crew Member
Depends on what truck isnt in the shop :lol: but ussualy an AEV Ford E350, course I'd prolly stay in it if the company would get rid of the two American LaFrance ambulances they picked up. I was in one of them today. Broke down on the way to pick up a discharge PT. The thing locked up in 2nd gear going down the road and that was all it took for me to call it in :D

colafdp

Forum Lieutenant
Well, we just got a new unit. it's a 2005 E-450 built by Advanced Response Vehicles Inc. out of Saskatoon, SK, Canada. And this thing is my baby. beauty...more pics of other units to come.

FL-1060109.jpg

IMGP0012.jpg

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Since a lot of you have heard me talk about my past industrial security/fire/ems experience, I'd thought I'd post some pics of some of our vehicles.
Descriptions will be below the pic.

TFD%20Ambulance%20Cart.JPG

White EZGO cart with Stryker gourney, LifePak 5000 (?) defib, medical bag, trauma bag, traction kit, couple bottles of O2. And for the whkr in all of us, strobe on top, wigwag headlights and full 100 watt siren, which turned out to be too loud to be used indoors. DUH!

TFD%20Fire%20Cart.JPG

Red EZGO cart with (working from top down) ventilation fan, rope rescue bags, stokes basket, six lockout/tagout tags, confined space rescue gear, 3 flashlights, half dozen various types of fire extinguishers, foam, air bags for lifting, and for the whkr: two rotators, wigwags and siren.

TFD%20Gator.JPG

Propane powered John Deere Gator carrying a hundred foot of hose with pistol nozzel, tool box carrying medical jump kit w/ O2, and misc tools including hydrant wrench. For the whkr: one rotator, strobes and a siren.

Also, the cart with the grey covers is our HazMat cart that has spill pads, pigs, neutralizer, etc in it and can be attached to the Gator.

And this is what we used outside:

TFD%20Sequoia4.JPG

This is a 2001 Toyota Sequoia (which shows when these pics were taken). All the strobes are flashing, just the camera wasn't fast enough to catch them. Full lightbar w/ takedowns, alleys and flashers. Strobes in the headlights, foglights, and front turn signals. In the back there were three sets of strobes: brakes, turnsignals and backups. They have since got rid of the lightbars on top and gone to just LEDs on the inside. So much brighter and lowprofile.

Of course what good are all these images without a pic or two of ol' Chimp. We were doing time trials one night. Yeah, we were bored. Yes, the belt is all twisted, gloves are not on right and the collar is all messed up. Who cares. Just enjoy.

dave.JPG

Action shot:
dave%20airtank.JPG

All tanked up and ready:
dave%20full%20uniform.jpg

STOP THE CLOCK!
MVC-005S.JPG

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm guessing 2911 was internal security?

what was the standard staffing and size of the plant?

Jon

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Yep, 2911 was our emergency line. 2999 was our non-emerg line.

The plant (building) is now, 8/10 of a mile long, half mile wide (over 4 million sq ft). There are approx 4,600 employees not counting the contractual staff (security, janitorial, landscaping, etc). Toyota's property is approx 1 mile x 2 miles. In addition to the main building there are several seperated facility type buildings.

The security department (last I heard) had over 40 members made up of three divisions: Security, Communications and the Emergency Response Team. The Security division made sure no one got beyond the fence line into the manufacturing areas, Communications is in charge of the in-house 911 center and the ERT does patrols and well, responds to emergencies.

The Toyota Fire Department is a state certified FD and is manned by the security staff. I ALMOST FORGOT:
princetonin_large.jpg

That is Engine 1. They also have a Full Size Rescue (non-transport) and a Brush Truck built on a Tundra chasis. (no pics sorry). The department also does mutual aid for the county and will respond to accidents on the highway in front of the plant if serious enough.

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
I once watched something on Discovery, I think about the place where they build airplanes. One of the places, I dont remember the name. They had all this cool stuff for 911 calls inside this mile long building. People rode bikes all over and there were 'roads.' It was crazy cool. :ph34r:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Chimpie:

I want, I want, I want.... at work, our "911" is just a 5 digit extension. my response equipment for everthing is in my jeep (with 4 rotator Star Interceptor - AMBER :( ) and a few traffic cones, a set of slim jims (that I can never get to work :angry: ) an air pump, a set of those 20-foot juper cables with the quick disconnect truck-monuted, and a few flares. I've got a LP500 AED, a D-cylinder in a green round clamshell with supplies, and a BIG orange bag that holds the state required suplies for 2 ambulances (I think...)

Oh... my jeep is a jeep LIBERTY - unerpowerd, lightweight (*** end fishtails in mildly bad weather...

Jon

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I've always loved industrial ems/fire equipment, but never had the chance to work with much in my jobs. At the newspaper, we just had AEDs mounted a couple places in the buildings and Security had a couple rudimentary medical kits I scrounged together from the old Medical Dept. supplies.

Of course, the local refinery for the oil company I worked for had more firefighting equipment than my FD has, but I only got down there a couple of times (I was in the pipeline side).

ECC

Forum Captain
CRFD-2004-05-25-BishopCt-StructureFire-271.jpg

My rig, beached on the sidewalk by yours truely on a 2nd alarm...should have been 3rd but made 2nd due!

6b5cf235.jpg

My company and me (on the right) on same beached engine.

Test_0001.JPG

One of 2 '04 Ford F450/Wheeled Coaches (M151 and M154)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Cushman.. They make electrical, gas and propane powered carts..
Ambulances, trams, etc.

I thought Castle Rock was just a fictional town used in Stephen King movies & novels. Huh.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 11:40 AM
I figured that's what you meant, but for some reason I was thinking Cushman was a nickname for somebody in some movie or something.

<<-- not enough sleep lately. This could be why though:
Picture030.jpg

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Chimpie+May 16 2005, 01:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chimpie @ May 16 2005, 01:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@May 16 2005, 11:40 AM
I figured that's what you meant, but for some reason I was thinking Cushman was a nickname for somebody in some movie or something.

<<-- not enough sleep lately. This could be why though:
Picture030.jpg
[/b][/quote]
yech! amp was responsible for me pulling over one night to puke. That stuff tastes like liquid gummy bears to begin with, but I guess it just didn't like me.