What do you carry? - The mega thread

sirguinness

Forum Probie
Coincidentally it is one of the largest national companies. Anyone surprised? :rolleyes:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Eh, I depending on what kinda calls he runs I'm not shocked. Doing 911 I rarely carry much more than a pen, a Sharpie and scissors. CCT OTOH I'm fairly loaded down.

PeterTheGreat

Forum Ride Along
ON DUTY

Company pager
Cell phone
Pen
Clipboard (if I'm doing paperwork for the call)

I really badly want to expand this arsenal

coffeegal

Forum Probie
-Stethoscope on stretcher or in first in bag-I tend to loose it when I put it around my neck....imagine that...seems like it would be the safest place, ON me! (I've even left it on a scene before after having it around my neck....o_O)
-My phone on my belt clip
-Pager next to the phone
-Right leg pocket has 2 pens, 1 sharpie, a little notebook, pen light, mini calculator, and trauma shears, maybe an extra pony tail holder
-Left leg pocket extra pair of gloves, extra pony tail holder, wallet, and chapstick

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
When I last posted here I had to wear poly/wool blend 4-pocket pants. Now I get to wear comfortable pants that also have pockets.

Hmmm. What's in my pants and all that these days.

1 cargo pocket has a notepad and some gloves. My favorite shears in the loops.

Other side has a pocket drug guide (epocrates is great but it never seems to be updated when I need it). Got some laminated drug cards for our carried medications, ketamine dosing chart, and a little reminder on how to set up the IV pump stuffed in the pages. More importantly there are some cliff bars pilfered from the hospital in there. A pen or two and a sharpie on that side as well.

Little pouch with Leatherman and a mini Gerber light on the belt (that I can repel off because yea, you need that). Portable radio with mic jammed into a pocket along with my wallet, phone on the other side. Blistex somewhere. Little Gerber locker in back slash pocket. Business cards and junior paramedic badges in chest pocket. All my ID cards, AMR vehicle fob, and trauma/merit-trauma criteria card hanging off my epaulet. Sunglasses or safety glasses (I am known far and wide for my green sunglasses apparently) on my hat, steth on the neck. An 800 portable radio goes on that strap on 5.11 pants when we are operating in one area of our district, giving me "two radio whacker status."

"ANSI approved" work gloves (did not know that was a thing) in my high viz jacket.

I've also got my personal bag on the truck with some wool socks, base layers, fleece vest, ice spikes, webbing and biners to get down a small embankment, pedi-wheel, pocket guide, tide pen, extra writing utensils, more cliff bars, winter gloves, and a beanie.

When I write that out it seems like a lot, but I certainly don't feel weighed down. All gets used, especially the food.

Attachments

• 8208_10201358615507422_2078957725_n.jpg
    8208_10201358615507422_2078957725_n.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 436

Sunburn

Forum Crew Member
Hmmm..a lot apparently.
Each pocket has a pair of nitrile gloves. In my right cargo pocket (smaller one) I got company phone I get my calls on and a pen. In my left cargo pocket I carry my stethoscope, flashlight and a knife. I also carry a belt bag with my wallet, personal cellphone, documents, car keys and my stamp.
And on my high vis vest I have a beanie and a radio when I manage to get my hands on one :p

dcolbert3

Forum Crew Member
I know this has been asked before but, I'm just curious to see what people say.

Stethoscope- of course

Trauma shears

Pen light

etc..

LACoGurneyjockey

Forum Asst. Chief
Shears, flashlight, couple pens, sharpie, penlight, couple pairs of gloves, knife, keys, wallet, phone, and my nicotine delivery method of choice.

RebelAngel

White Cloud
For EMS specifically I carry a pen, penlight, pair of trauma shears, and two pairs of gloves on my person. If I'm in my FFer turnout gear I have a bottle of water in one of my pants pockets. Depending on who I'm running with I may carry my pager or leave it on my vehicle's visor.

I carry an EMS bag with me and depending on who I'm running with and how well stocked I know their ambulance is I either leave it at station or take it on the run. Sometimes I stuff my drug book in a pocket, no one I run with has one to my knowledge and I've found mine to be incredibly helpful, and sometimes wear my own steth.

Non EMS, I make a point to carry money, my cards (inc. ID), phone, pocket knife with window breaker, and a hair tie in my EMS pants pocket. I don't like to carry a purse if I don't have to and if I can't carry my clutch I shove bare necessities in my pocket. In my squad jacket pocket, which I don't wear when it's warmer, I carry a small note book, pen, sharpie, highlighter, small pack of tissues, and chap stick....all things I carry around because they get used regularly.

cprted

Forum Captain
Stethoscope, pen or two, shears, penlight, sharpie, 2 or 3 pairs of gloves, safety glasses, n95 mask, couples of emisis bags, notebook, small flashlight.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Yet another thread merge of this topic. We do have this topic stickied for a reason...

NYBLS

Forum Lieutenant
Pockets have phone, chap stick, wallet with certs, gloves, pen, sharpie and pen light. Belt has radio, key ring holder thing, tourniquet and flashlight.