Uncle Mikes Pro-3 Nylon duty belt
Company issued Nextel
CPR Barrier mask in nylon pouch
2prs. of non-latex gloves in nylon pouch
Personal Nextel
Sure Fire 6P in nylon pouch
Gerber Mutli-tool in nylon pouch
Key clip

I like nylon duty gear, it's easier to clean, and does not absorb fluids, like leather duty gear does.

Wacka wacka! :p You don't need all that lol.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
Cell phone on belt
pens/pen light in pockets

gunna get all whacker soon with these events i'm vollying for.

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I also carry a basic CPR face shield and a pair of gloves on the inside pocket of my jacket, and have ever since my First Aid/CPR C training a while back.:blush:

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I'd probably put a CPR mask on backwards.

Has it an elastic headband? Can you see well enough to cross the street at night?B)

Afflixion

Forum Captain
back on the ambulance:
belt was just radio and pager carried gloves rolled up in my cargo pocket had pen in shirt (we wore polos ewe.) phone in pocket, trauma shears in trauma shear pocket. and ears around neck or in cargo pocket.

in hospital:
no belt with scrubs but carried pager, ears and phone.

army/ TacMedic:
belt consists of knife, velkret. IBA has velkret, seatbelt cutter (have to though noone wears seatbelts here...) 'biner, tactical nomex gloves, IFAK (improved first aid kit) 6 magazine, 2 gernades (1 smoke 1 frag) in pants is POS M9 pistol with 2 mags. ROE card, trauma shears, notepad. and on my back is my aidbag and im not going to spend 30minutes writing out the contents of that haha

Last edited by a moderator:

lucky13

Forum Probie
What do you carry ???

I just got a pair of 5.11 tac pants and wow there's a lot of pockets !!!
Got me thinking about what usefull gear all you pros actually carry in all those pockets.
Thx

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Not to be unwelcoming or anything but this topic has been discussed at length multiple times.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and there are already a few results for you!

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
I try not to carry anything besides a pair of gloves. my partner usually makes me that at least the monitor.

once the new wears off you will get tired of carrying all that junk with you.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I have a leatherman and an otterbox case on my belt. In my pocket, I carry my debit card and a pair of gloves.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I carry gloves and a few pens mostly. And of course my wallet and phone. Maybe a flashlight. And sometimes I stuff my stethoscope in one of the side pockets.

Oh, and gum. I'm like stinking addicted to orbit raspberry mint gum.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I have a leatherman and an otterbox case on my belt. In my pocket, I carry my debit card and a pair of gloves.
i call it an DEBT card because that's what it seems to do :sad:
I carry gloves and a few pens mostly. And of course my wallet and phone. Maybe a flashlight. And sometimes I stuff my stethoscope in one of the side pockets.

Oh, and gum. I'm like stinking addicted to orbit raspberry mint gum.

X 2 on the gloves. Carry a pen your pt's can use/ steel and you that only you will use. a clip on flashlight is nice as well as stated above

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
My leatherman has a small LED flashlight that's in the same case. I use it all the time.

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Where I work we all wear the 2in duty belts.(part of the uniform) some don't carry anything . I have a cell phone case, pager case, small flashlight and a swivel radio clip thing. Wallet and gloves(leather or hatch weather depending) in right cargo. Field guides/acls etc in left cargo. Sometimes a have a leatherman or rescue knife in my side pocket.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I carry a couple protein bars, a really bright but small flashlight (on overnight shifts), a small 5 inch pair of bandage scissors (no shears), my wallet, my cellphone, eye drops, Chapstick, a pair of nitrile coated cotton gloves that I mainly use when lifting homeless folks and when I have to climb into the backseat of an MVA when there's broken glass, a pen that also has a pupil light and 2 sets of extra nitrile gloves. Sounds like a lot now that I've written it all out.

citizensoldierny

Forum Captain
Well if I weighed my pants they would probably be about 10 pounds on any given day. Right front empty, left front empty, right back wallet, left empty right cargo mini tac light clipped in , right now it is a 5.11 atac a1, gloves, purell, and Nite eyes s-clips for hanging bags, left cargo notebook and narcs, gerber on belt and spring clip with O2 wrench and way to many keys