Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
tumblr_le7e96dwMx1qfcj8to1_500.jpg

Joe

Forum Captain
Awesome!! I was sad when trauma was discontinued

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Man, talk about a ragtag bunch of the stragglers from other shows.

The last few episodes of Trauma were actually pretty decent and explored some worthwhile stuff, but I'm not sure about decent enough to inspire what looks like more of the same.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
You got this off of Reddit, didn't you? :p

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
So it's the annoying doctor from House and the annoying EMT from Trauma?
Oy vey.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I need to evacuate the blood!

Oh crap...I hit the heart!

triple-facepalm-13612_w.jpg

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wanna see, but it says the video is private! :(

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
Wow... Lets see if this one is any better than the last 1000000 fails tv network has tried

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
"ocular distenstion"

Field surgery for bleeding control of the iliac artery.

Exploding gas tankers and helicopter.

All pretty standard here in NYC. You guys must get bored :)

shannonlovesth

Forum Probie
Stop with the over dramatic shows about EMS/Fire.

Honestly I would prefer a Reno 911 style show about EMS/Fire than this show.

NomexMedic

Forum Crew Member
All I can say is... It better be miles ahead of "Trauma." That show as an insult to us all.

MexDefender

Forum Lieutenant
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OSgwlby_uw[/YOUTUBE]

This show called Sirens aired in the UK, it takes a funny approach to the EMS life. I watched it and there was a bunch of stuff that was wrong but at least they got the patients part correct. my bird died... so you called us?!?!

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
I dont know about you guys but I do pericardiocentesis in the back of an ambulance all the time.

BeachMedic

Forum Lieutenant
Medics/EMTs need to lighten up.

imo, The amount of whine in response to that show Trauma was as unbelievable as it was hilarious to see/read. Fire fighters mad because they weren't the central focus of the show. EMTs and Medics furious because they totally used an NRB instead of a cannula! MADNESS!

I thought the show was entertaining (albeit, after five episodes of any TV show it is usually hard for me to stop watching.) and took it for what it was. It never pretended to be a docudrama.

Watch any Cop Drama or CSI. You think police officers and forensic people get into shoot outs all the time? We should cancel all PD SHOWS! Write to the producers! Give me a break.

Personally, I think if I were to watch a drama it would be very boring if I had to sit and watch a Paragod ask an OPQRST on every pt.

It should be common sense that TV producers/writers/people have been taking fictitious liberties with almost every profession known to man since the inception of the boob toob. I think as a community, we need to get over ourselves. Until that happens we wont get anymore airtime haha.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
Great now were going to have that many more idiots trying to become EMTs that way they can do what they see on tv.

I don't think that's a fair statement. Yes, much of the way EMS is portrayed on television is wrong or glorified, but just because someone starts to consider a job in EMS because of something they watched on TV doesn't make them an 'idiot'.

If you look at the thread on this forum about what brought people to an EMS job, many of them state various television shows or movies that put the bug in their head. (Rescue 911 is a big one for American practitioners it seems.)

The important thing is that people understand what the role is really about when they get into it. If they understand that and still want to pursue a career, I think that's great and should be encouraged.

Except in Southern California. :p

SBCOcowboyEMT

Forum Probie
I just barely stopped dealing with 18 year old students stating they wanted to be like nancy and date their partner,and those who thought all the calls where going to be blood and glory ,with of course amazing pay.That's all I meant,i remember watching reruns of emergency, trauma life in the er,bringing out the dead ,and paramedics.It influenced me,in its own way I'm sure.Just saw the commercial and it had its negative reaction.I deeply apologize for my statement.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Now EMS and Fire now know what the Police have been going through with all the cop shows that have been on TV.

Last edited by a moderator: