"TRAUMA"...It's Back!!!

Radioactive

Forum Probie
Why can't people seem to see the entertainment value in a thing? It's not a documentary, it's a prime-time drama. If it were a documentary on EMS, no one would watch it because it would be pretty boring 98% of the time.

I find it highly entertaining. There's a couple of good looking women, some fast-paced action, and some interpersonal conflict. The acting is fair, and the cinematography is not too shabby either. I'll be watching it until it inevitably gets cancelled.

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Why can't people seem to see the entertainment value in a thing? It's not a documentary, it's a prime-time drama. If it were a documentary on EMS, no one would watch it because it would be pretty boring 98% of the time.

I find it highly entertaining. There's a couple of good looking women, some fast-paced action, and some interpersonal conflict. The acting is fair, and the cinematography is not too shabby either. I'll be watching it until it inevitably gets cancelled.

Well said, Thank you.

I enjoyed watching trauma for the same reason I like watching scrubs, ER, House ect... BECAUSE ITS A DRAMA/COMEDY. Dont take everything personal people.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Dont take everything personal people.

Again, everything else is forgivable but I am seriously irritated by the way the women are portrayed, especially how they wear different, revealing uniforms.

That is something to take personally.

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
Again, everything else is forgivable but I am seriously irritated by the way the women are portrayed, especially how they wear different, revealing uniforms.

That is something to take personally.

Thats the best part! lol jk jk

Its a tv show, you have your choice of turning the channel at anytime and no one will stop you. I understand some things you may not like or you might be offended but It does not mean the show should be taken off the air. Anywho I think the show in general is entertaining not because its a REAL LIFE experience, but because its brings me humor. I dont need a realistic show, Im in one everyday!

SEBeast

Forum Crew Member
Trauma!!!!

I'm glad a show like this exist. I watched every episode of the first season and it was very disappointing when I heard that it was no longer going to air. I'm very happy that it's back. It's very entertaining. I hope it stays.

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
i havent seen it in awhile...i have class on mon nights...

but the show is like a train wreck u just gotta look. ill have to set my DVR lol.

Stew

Forum Crew Member
As of last night they are showing it on network TV in Australia, at the prime time hour of... 2230hrs.

Think everybody from work that has seen it has the same opinion ^_^
I like it just because I get my San Francisco fix!

berkeman

Forum Lieutenant
The last couple episodes actually haven't been all that bad. Way fewer mistakes, IMO. Even a couple of interesting scenarios -- like the devout muslim couple on last night's show. Definitely hard to tread the wife's MI with the husband refusing to let them take her blouse off to put on the 12-lead... Interesting the way they handled it too.

SMEMT

Forum Ride Along
While there are so many people who seem to be offended by the way EMS is represented, you need to understand that the whole idea about this show is to exaggerate it all to make it interesting.... how many people out there can honestly say that they haven't met a medic who was burnt out? or the crew of a man and woman who have had numerous intimate moments in the back of the truck? or hitting on nurses in the er? I mean really? come on! I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! As far as treatments the majority of the time they get it right.(Except for the field surgery). I don't know how many of you remember the series Saved? now that was a more negative take on EMS as a whole!

wolfwyndd

Forum Captain
As far as treatments the majority of the time they get it right.(Except for the field surgery).

Well, that and the time they referred to a field intubation as an 'RSI' and I remember one 'code' incident where they shocked a guy who still had a heartbeat and. . . . . . well, I could go on, but I won't. They don't even get it right the MAJORITY of the time.

Now, with that being said, I STILL watch it every week and enjoy the hell out of it. Oh, and in case you didn't know, you can actually catch the last . . . . . . 5. . . . or so, episodes online at hulu.com. That's actually where I've been watching it since Monday nights are training nights for me.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
I have it nice, I have a station with a matress on the floor. :p

I have it nicer, my station has a telly and a bed :D

Of course the amount of time until we get a job is directly inverse to the quality of what is on the telly, or directly proportinate to the time spent in bed.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Oh, somebody smack my knuckles..I WATCHED one.

Started out as a soft "R" rating sex dream then the soap opera really got started. It's just Grey's Anatomy with a helo and more gore.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I watch just for the helicopter... I like them whirly birds!!!

Aerin-Sol

Forum Captain
I have a few questions about this show. I have only seen the last 2 or 3 episodes.

1. If pretty blonde chick is an MD, why is she practicing as a full-time paramedic? Why did she get in trouble for using MD skills? Is that just not allowed in the U.S.? I know RNs can do pre-hospital care as RNs, is there not an equivalent for MDs?

2. Is it normal to move a fall victim's neck back in line like she did to the cheerleader?

3. And why does the flight team get sent to so many non-critical scenes? Are they just doing that to include those two characters?

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I have a few questions about this show. I have only seen the last 2 or 3 episodes.

1. If pretty blonde chick is an MD, why is she practicing as a full-time paramedic? Why did she get in trouble for using MD skills? Is that just not allowed in the U.S.? I know RNs can do pre-hospital care as RNs, is there not an equivalent for MDs?

2. Is it normal to move a fall victim's neck back in line like she did to the cheerleader?

3. And why does the flight team get sent to so many non-critical scenes? Are they just doing that to include those two characters?

1. She never finished her residency so shes not completely an MD. She finished school but not her residency because she thought being a Paramedic is more fun. She got in trouble because shes practicing as a Paramedic, and the procedure was out her scope. Now im not sure if someone who is an MD and decides to stay as a Paramedic will still get in trouble. RN's usually do Critical Care Transports usually from one ICU to another, they never/rarely go on 911 calls (ive never heard of one).

2. If it is compromising the airway then yes. Better to risk her getting paralyzed then not breathing.

3. Yes.. but also its San fran they have a lot of bendy roads, sometimes it would be faster to pick up a patient via copter fly over the tall buildings and land on top of a hospital... that being said, it also for show too :)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief

She just didn't want to be an MD and instead liked being a Paramedic. Her going to med school was her dads choice and not hers.

But it's not uncommon to have doctors work in EMS out in the field... if you watch re-runs of Trauma: Life in the ER they actually show a Houston doctor that does it.

Of course it depends on your protocols, but typically you can move the head to a neutral in-line position as long as it's not painful to the patient and you don't feel any resistance when doing it. If either of those 2 happen, you are to stop and leave it in the position found.

Pretty much, yeah. "Artistic freedom".

MusicMedic said:
they never/rarely go on 911 calls (ive never heard of one)
Look up "PHRN", or "Pre-hospital Registered Nurse"

Last edited by a moderator: