"TRAUMA"...It's Back!!!

I just happened to catch one episode. Not too bad but I did see a few things that were laughable.

It is just a TV show for entertainment. No sense in getting into a spat about it.

Hate to come in late to this, but I want to throw my two cents in.

All other factors aside, it really does irritate me that the female characters are in different, more revealing uniforms than their male counterparts. I'm not one to be ultra-sensitive to such things, but I do find this style of exploitation pretty degrading.

I dunno... I for one am not a fan of scantly clad males.

SO they cancelled "LIFE" and "Defying Gravity" and returned THIS?

baywatch on wheels.

I think they did a complete 180 degree turn on this. I mean it now does a decent job at somewhat portraying what goes on. This episode I just watched was great and it made me want to see another.

The running to every scene thing I guess I can handle...

But the outloud proclamation of "CHIN LIFT" of someone in a collar?

Who cares about this show. I did not watch anything after the first episode. If this has been discussed, I am sorry, did not want to wade through 7 pages on that crappy show.

So I'm really not sure why they brought this back...any ideas.. I was pretty sure the union put the idea out that this represented us in the wrong way. Anyway, maybe they actually hired someone to get some idea whats its really like. I hope that they have changed.

I have yet to see a media portrayment of our field that was not negative.

Obviously anyone who has worked a day in EMS knows that most of what is on this is not how it is done or how things happen, then again neither was Backdraft when it was out.

Things have to be changed to make it entertain the people who do not know how things really are and they add in the ladies in little revealing uniforms for the same reason, entertainment. I am glad that the uniforms are not like that in EMS or we would only have more issues.

Anyway, as for the show it is ok as long as I watch for the entertainment and not the realism. :rolleyes:

Or they will expect a ride in a helicopter because they broke their arm.

The five minutes of it that I watched, involved some crazy MCI car crash. Air medical arrives and the medic talks to some pretty girl cradling her arm - her only injury. He asks if it hurts, and when she says yes, he informs her that it is indeed broken. They then proceed to transport her by helicopter.

I wonder if they modeled the 'Trauma' crews after DC..

Nah, they based it on AirEvac Lifeteam or at least the aeromedical parts at least. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Back