"TRAUMA"...It's Back!!!

piranah

Forum Captain
So I'm really not sure why they brought this back...any ideas.. I was pretty sure the union put the idea out that this represented us in the wrong way. Anyway, maybe they actually hired someone to get some idea whats its really like. I hope that they have changed.

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
So I'm really not sure why they brought this back...any ideas.. I was pretty sure the union put the idea out that this represented us in the wrong way. Anyway, maybe they actually hired someone to get some idea whats its really like. I hope that they have changed.

A show based on "what it is really like" sounds incredibly boring.

Last edited by a moderator:

dream*medic

Forum Ride Along
It wasn't that bad of a show. Nothing on TV ever accurately represents what its supposed to, thats why it is made for entertainment. I am glad that they are putting in back on the air. ^_^

OP
OP
piranah

piranah

Forum Captain
you know what i mean...no crazy explosions,field surgery...you know

reaper

Working Bum
The producer said that after all the flack they received, they were concentrating on the people and less on the dramatics.

NBC ordered 10 more episodes, so we will see how it goes.

Twix623

Forum Crew Member
I know Trauma has it's problems with how EMS really is & protocols, but it IS TV entertainment, to me it's fun to watch regardless. I really wish there were shows that were some-what like the movie "Latter 49", showing things we do on off-time, training and so on.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
Do cop shows detail the many boring calls they get?

I thought it was a LOL.

But then, I don't have to put up with 10 million new EMT students joining up because they saw trauma.

Still, I think you all need to relax a little. If you think Trauma is American EMS's biggest problem right now then you should probably think again.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Perhaps the public will see the show and say "Wow. So THAT's what I should be calling an ambulance for. Perhaps I shouldn't dial 911 because I cut my finger"

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
I wonder if they modeled the 'Trauma' crews after DC... :ph34r:

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Perhaps the public will see the show and say "Wow. So THAT's what I should be calling an ambulance for. Perhaps I shouldn't dial 911 because I cut my finger"

Or they will expect a ride in a helicopter because they broke their arm.

The five minutes of it that I watched, involved some crazy MCI car crash. Air medical arrives and the medic talks to some pretty girl cradling her arm - her only injury. He asks if it hurts, and when she says yes, he informs her that it is indeed broken. They then proceed to transport her by helicopter.

WTF? Lol, I'm not all worked up over it, but it's definitely groan-inducing, especially as I field stupid questions related to the show in the classes I teach.

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
A show with 7 dialysis calls in a row.

the twist: an interfacility transport from a hospital

Last edited by a moderator:

SanDiegoEmt7

Forum Captain
I thought it was a LOL.

But then, I don't have to put up with 10 million new EMT students joining up because they saw trauma.

Still, I think you all need to relax a little. If you think Trauma is American EMS's biggest problem right now then you should probably think again.

I agree though, how many cop dramas portray reality. Law and Order, etc.

terrible one

Always wandering

haha that made me LOL.
nice one

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
A show with 7 dialysis calls in a row.

the twist: an interfacility transport from a hospital

Hahah For me its 7 IFT Calls in a row

with the twist of a Dialysis :)

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hahah For me its 7 IFT Calls in a row

with the twist of a Dialysis :)

Yea, but if I had to choose between 7 hospital transfers or discharges in a row and 7 dialysis transports in a row, I'd take the hospital work. At least the discharges comes with some light reading (patient's chart) for the transport.

RescueYou

Forum Lieutenant
I think the show is fun, despite the inaccuracy and drama. That's what makes it entertainment.

Nancy does make EMS women look a little slutty though....