Things you would like to do to your rig but would never get away with

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
attachment-2.jpg

They actually raced this in the baja 1000. A service in my area apparently has some awesome managment.

This ladies and gents... This is an ambulance.:ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Which company raced that piece of absurd engineering?

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain

sdennislee

Forum Crew Member
Forgive me for not believing you have FLIR on your rig...

Come visit us in the great white north. FLIR and MATTRACKS not all that uncommon. AK started by putting them in snowplows to keep Thompson Pass clear and they took off from there.

Have similar system in my BMW but find over 40 mph it makes me dizzy to watch it for long.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
attachment-2.jpg

They actually raced this in the baja 1000. A service in my area apparently has some awesome managment.

This ladies and gents... This is an ambulance.:ph34r:

That looks like a rollover waiting to happen...

mikie

Forum Lurker
My requests...

1. Wi-Fi hotspot (for personal use, obviously)
  2. Better sound system with iPod and/or Bluetooth capability
  3. Wireless telemetry (I HATE WIRES! gah!)
  4. TV in the rear (satellite, duh!)
  5. Customizable Electronic signs like on buses for uses such as "Out of Service," "Move over!" "Call back in an hour" etc
  6. Personal module for refreshments (climate controlled), preferably a Slurpee machine.
added: a sink! (though I really don't want to have to deal with all the issues that would come with the plumbing) and perhaps some sort of drain on the floor

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
CRA - County Rescue Ambulance out here in So-Cal

That ambulance was built only to race. It was raced by Symons Event Safety/Ambulance. They do medical for the Baja 1000 (where the ambulance was raced.) the ambulance got about 50 miles before the transmission blew ending the race.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
That ambulance was built only to race. It was raced by Symons Event Safety/Ambulance. They do medical for the Baja 1000 (where the ambulance was raced.) the ambulance got about 50 miles before the transmission blew ending the race.

AHH THATS WHO IT WAS... I coulda swore it was CRA... Yup, I hear their gonna swap the trans and try again.

IRIDEZX6R

Forum Captain
  5. Customizable Electronic signs like on buses for uses such as "Out of Service," "Move over!" "Call back in an hour" etc
  6. Personal module for refreshments (climate controlled), preferably a Slurpee machine.
added: a sink! (though I really don't want to have to deal with all the issues that would come with the plumbing) and perhaps some sort of drain on the floor

I have a hotspot, my rigs have ipod hook ups, and I have a 12v fridge that I bought for my personal use :p

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
AHH THATS WHO IT WAS... I coulda swore it was CRA... Yup, I hear their gonna swap the trans and try again.

Yeah it was Symons. I would love to be on the team that drives it but I don't work at Symons that much to even be considered.

NREMTB12

Forum Probie
A DVD player and xbox for long IFT trips.

A front seat that actually reclines and enough leg room for me to stretch out.

Laser cannon on the front to eliminate the drivers that don't "pull to the right for sirens and lights"

A heated/cooled compartment for my snacks.

Voice activated lights/vent control in the back.

A super soaker filled with versed or droperidol for psychs.
amen!

Missedcue

Forum Crew Member
Give me an underglow kit that's attached to my priority lights as well as a smoke machine and strobes in the back so that we could really make an entrance on scene.

Missedcue

Forum Crew Member
Two things:

1) A speaker playing music like the ice cream man.

2) As an attorney and paramedic, I want a sign on the ceiling above the head of the stretcher that reads, "If you can read this, you may be eligible for a cash settlement."

I have definitely played the ice cream truck song through my PA while rolling into HQ after a shift.

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief

1. Wifi - don't you have tethering?
    Telemetry - still has wires
    TV - Got an Ipad or Tablet? Netflix and hulu should fix that
    Module for Drinks - mini fridge or Cigarette lighter cooler?
    Signage - would be cool
    Sound system - I totally give you that one

mattulance

Forum Crew Member
Hell I'd settle for cup holders and A/C that works.

But sub woofers would be nice , 22" spnners.....

wait I'm in the IE so 33" super swampers and pre-runner with a monster sticker on the back widow-- whats up bro?

minimunchkinx3

Forum Ride Along
Best siren ever

Have a siren that sings "MOVE B*TCH GET OUT THE WAY, GET OUT THE WAY, GET OUT THE WAY" When going lights and sirens to a call

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
I have a wifi hotspot in my truck but its locked down so we can only access it with our toughbooks, which are also locked down so we can only access a specific set of websites :(

I want a sign I can flash on the back that says "STOP TAILGATING ME, A**HOLE"

I wouldn't mind some decent woofers... we do have CD players though, which, despite being pretty much dated technology at this point, still gives me the ability to choose my own music rather than being radio dependent.

What I would really like to do to my rig is drive it off a cliff and never see it again, then get my supervisor to replace it with a *REAL* ambulance (we use type 2s)