the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I know this came up before, IBSC is looking for beta testers for the CCP-C exam. Good way to save $200 if you're willing to test in the next month and don't need instant results. Can't remember who was interested the last time...@StCEMT maybe?
I should have waited for this. Oh well.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I got a random facebook message from a lawyer asking if I'm the same so and so that works/worked at (insert ems agency).*

Seems sketchy.

*Not looking for legal advice.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I kind of want to do it just cause there's like 7,000 people with FP-C, there are only like 800 people worldwide with both.
Yes, this was also an indirect motivating factor for me. Though I didn’t know the numbers, I knew there were significantly less CCP’s than FP’s.

Plus, being the first at my agency and company to be dual-certified I thought would be neat. I just got my updated flight patch that reflects both. Lol, it’s a bit of a tight fit, but it’s kinda cool to see, IMO.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
What’s the benefit of CCP over FP? Seems like the curriculum is quite similar but FP gets the edge because it has the flight physiology?

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Basically that's it. There is no reason to hold both beyond just wanting too.
I just did a redline in Word for the handbooks - looks like the FP-C outline is more detailed, but they do appear substantially the same. Kinda interesting. I wonder why they don't just have a single CCP exam and have an F or G tag.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Ugh. We just had a bath yesterday, at least it's not muddy water this time.
20210610_165255.jpg

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
That's his "cool off" pool which apparently also substitutes as a bathtub and a water bowl.
Did the same thing for my rott/lab and dobe/husky. Unfortunately they thought it was a big chew toy

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I know this came up before, IBSC is looking for beta testers for the CCP-C exam. Good way to save $200 if you're willing to test in the next month and don't need instant results. Can't remember who was interested the last time...@StCEMT maybe?
Yea, we had talked about it a while back. I may take it fluff the resume. I don't really have any good options to regularly utilize that right now, but it would force me to study again.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Not at all. That deserves a solid few days away.

At least the extrication went smooth considering the roof was resting on top of the door panels.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
So we’re getting a company wide raise starting next week or so. From $15 an hour to $18 an hour. It’s an obvious attempt to keep the few people here from leaving.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
So we’re getting a company wide raise starting next week or so. From $15 an hour to $18 an hour. It’s an obvious attempt to keep the few people here from leaving.
$3 is $3. Enjoy the increase til you find greener pastures. Perspective, man.
I wonder why they don't just have a single CCP exam and have an F or G tag.
I had to “LOL” at your post because for such an educated guy such as yourself, the answer seems almost too easy: money.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Finally I'm back to a 3-car, 3 driver family. Briefly we became a 4-car, 3 driver family... While it's not exactly nice to be back to paying for a 2nd car, at least it's not horrible!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Hahaha, I was thinking the same as you guys. I just got my FP-C in March. I was thinking since I studied so hard for it and just finished orientation with my current company, I could take CCP for fun since the test is a lot cheaper. I wonder how many of us are going to take it and not be under that 1,000 dual cert group? They won't tell you how you did until October.

Last edited:

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
$3 is $3. Enjoy the increase til you find greener pastures. Perspective, man.
I’m not complaining. I’m just aware that they aren’t giving everyone a raise out of the kindness of their hearts.