the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I’m not complaining. I’m just aware that they aren’t giving everyone a raise out of the kindness of their hearts.
Unless you work for a very small company, nobody ever gets a raise out of kindness. It's either cost of living, result of a competitive salary study or damage control

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
In this case, damage control.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Took a beta exam back in early october... finally got the results... I passed the exam, and got my CompTIA Secure Cloud Professional certification! and my job gave me an unexpected $250 bonus for it!

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Took a beta exam back in early october... finally got the results... I passed the exam, and got my CompTIA Secure Cloud Professional certification! and my job gave me an unexpected $250 bonus for it!

Every time I hear about cloud tech, it just seems like this magical distributed server somewhere in the ether - seems too good to be true at times.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, this was also an indirect motivating factor for me. Though I didn’t know the numbers, I knew there were significantly less CCP’s than FP’s.

Plus, being the first at my agency and company to be dual-certified I thought would be neat. I just got my updated flight patch that reflects both. Lol, it’s a bit of a tight fit, but it’s kinda cool to see, IMO.

This reminded me, I still haven't ordered new patches that reflect FP-C. In fact mine still says NREMT-P because when I look at a name with NRP after it I always think of neonatal resuscitation.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
This reminded me, I still haven't ordered new patches that reflect FP-C. In fact mine still says NREMT-P because when I look at a name with NRP after it I always think of neonatal resuscitation.
When I worked in the ER, my nametag said XXX CNA. Every Flight Crew thought I was a Nurse Anesthetist and deferred to me. Drove my RNs NUTS! ER Docs used to crack up…

DrParasite

Every time I hear about cloud tech, it just seems like this magical distributed server somewhere in the ether - seems too good to be true at times.
A659FFB2-4233-47F8-BB72-78050CB7D66B.jpeg

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Well got the ol resume updated and dropping a packet for the Lt spot. Been trying to feel out where I want things to go and how I want to get there. Nice thing is I can not get chosen and at least still have a comfortable routine aside from the occasional after midnight call. Too bad that CCP exam doesn't release results til October, that'd be a nice new addition.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I decided against putting letters after my name. Everyone is supposed to be certified within a year so it really isn't showing off anything. I am very tempted to take CCP-C because it is cheap, not that many people have both, and kind of a motivator to keep studying while waiting for the Spring. Hoping I can start taking general ed classes and go the nursing route, which I should've just done years ago.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I decided against putting letters after my n
I laughed really hard when I saw that I could put EMT at the end of my name when I got my NR.

DrParasite

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I decided against putting letters after my name. Everyone is supposed to be certified within a year so it really isn't showing off anything. I am very tempted to take CCP-C because it is cheap, not that many people have both, and kind of a motivator to keep studying while waiting for the Spring. Hoping I can start taking general ed classes and go the nursing route, which I should've just done years ago.
Having both your CCP-C and FP-C will help in the clinical leveling process at AMC.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I like how our only calls came in at like 0130 and 0230 last night.... especially since I had an attack of insomnia and didn't get any sleep beforehand, and had juusssttt started falling asleep when they came in....

Wait no, not like. Did not like at all...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
What’s clinical leveling?
I was thinking the same thing. I see online some people have things like a I, II, and III after their job position so I wonder if it is that.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
What’s clinical leveling?
Similar to how some hospitals have clinical steps or leveling.

Its optional to do but each step or level comes with a pay raise. Each step/level has its own list of requirements that must be met.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Similar to how some hospitals have clinical steps or leveling.

Its optional to do but each step or level comes with a pay raise. Each step/level has its own list of requirements that must be met.
Got it, thanks. I’d never heard that term.

While we’re on the clinical subject, what all is the primary goal of your guy’s clinical base leads?

Are they mostly pencil pushers, or are they on the line still with added clinical education roles and responsibilities?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got it, thanks. I’d never heard that term.

While we’re on the clinical subject, what all is the primary goal of your guy’s clinical base leads?

Are they mostly pencil pushers, or are they on the line still with added clinical education roles and responsibilities?
It’s currently in the process of changing slightly. The only education they used to do was the base level quarterly RSI/intubation checks. Now they will be doing more base level training with the assistance of our clinical educators, each base has an assigned clinical educator.

Aside from that they handled all the narcotic processes and DEA 222 stuff, scheduling medical equipment maintenance, clinical compliance standards, reviewing all of our patient charts, keeping inventory of equipment/medications, and other odds and ends.

All clinical base leads and lead pilots for that matter are normal flight line staff with the added duties.

For AMC, if you are a Regional Clinical Educator or Regional Clinical Director then you will no longer be assigned to the flight line however you could still technically work open shifts but it is a process to get a shift approved.