the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
It’s also great when you check the AED pads and the pedis expired 3-4 months ago.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Yeah even though it’s IFT I check everything. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had to restock NPAs.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
The number one thing I tell my EMT students.

“Everyone lies”

...the 75 year old patient who says they don’t have any medical history and takes no meds.

the off going crew that said they checked the truck and “everything is fine. We didn’t use anything”

the supervisor that calls you and says “we just need you to stay a few minutes after your shift ends.”

all despicable liars.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Fleet says “it will be fixed in a week”

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Dispatch spelled syncopal episode as “sinkable”

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I really appreciate the spammers who post here while I am logged into the forun. Really cuts down the post to ban time.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Live from the 4th Monday of the week.....our 22 year old water softener probably still works. Found 2 dead outlets, Haven't been able to pinpoint the cause because I don't know what circuit they are on (I literally just got new labels a few days ago, to do detailed labeling). I suspect the culprit Bad GFCI in the master bath.

Meanwhile the new water softener is in with proper drain lines this time. I'm not even mad about that $700, our old one was on borrowed time.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
The 50s and 60s were weird.

Attachments

• 46E3F382-DC3A-485D-8766-890F9E5DED52.jpeg
    46E3F382-DC3A-485D-8766-890F9E5DED52.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 77

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
If I have to use a chest seal, let alone a ghetto one with a transport job I’d will be a very interesting day.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
We ran a full code, respiratory distress, coded on the way to the truck. Guy couldn't even tripod he was so exhausted. PEA, compressions, shocks , adenosine, etc etc tubing, the whole 9 yards and some like v fib or something and then he really tanked and we got to the hospital and they worked him and called it.

As they got out the door the wife apologized to me for calling us. I told her that's what we're here for and that we'd take good care of him. Good ****ing care.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
If I have to use a chest seal, let alone a ghetto one with a transport job I’d will be a very interesting day.
That's one way of looking at it

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
After the call, the advanced walks up to the ball of the truck. It's pretty clean and organized as I've been cleaning it for 20 minutes. Scrubbing every speck of blood off the floor and sides, it wasn't a LOT but the guy was on thinners. I picked up all the trash and restocked what I could.

She goes "This is your damn fault you know"

I pause, I cringe. I thought she's saying I didn't move fast enough or lift him well enough (we were walking him X2 assist to gurney a few feet like 10, from the bed because of how heavy he was, he made it 4/5 of the way there or so before his legs gave out and then that was fun)

I was ready to hear her out though, I felt like I played a hand in killing him. If I'd been faster on my part....

She goes on to say

"Cause you just HAD to say on the way over here (In her best impression of my voice) "Well Like it's BLS until you get there and his O2 sats drop down to 60 and you have to intubate him"

It read as a lift assist. We weren't really expecting it to be full arrest.

She wasn't being mean, she was poking at me about saying stuff like that.

I ask her if they called it. They were going to soon. I went out to clean the truck.

They actually enjoyed it (as well as you can) for the experience and how they got lines in pretty quickly, got the ET Tube well, etc etc and they were happy with what they'd done.

I feel like I ****ing personally killed him.

They all seemed pleased with their performance, but I'm just thinking about what I told the wife and how I don't think I did very well. On my last arrest I didn't feel great, by that guy was already dead and cold.

This guy went from weak, tired and diaphoretic to die right in front of us. And we still couldn't get him back. I shocked him a few times (per my medic) and such. But I feel as if I'd anything I did could have been done better if a more qualified candidate had been in my place.

I feel like I don't measure up in terms of trainees.

🤣 I'm a joke

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
If you truly believe that, there's a lot of study and training to be done.

I mean, how can you not because while he wasn't in any way fine when you got there and then he went into respiratory distress and then arrest and then cardiac arrest.

I did not contribute enough to have a decent outcome and accidentally said something bad to the wife. She was calling the hospital just after we got there.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
I mean, how can you not because while he wasn't in any way fine when you got there and then he went into respiratory distress and then arrest and then cardiac arrest.

I did not contribute enough to have a decent outcome and accidentally said something bad to the wife. She was calling the hospital just after we got there.
From what you said, he started to die before they called you. But if this is the way you're coping right now, have at it. Sad call.

Old Tracker

Forum Asst. Chief
After the call, the advanced walks up to the ball of the truck. It's pretty clean and organized as I've been cleaning it for 20 minutes. Scrubbing every speck of blood off the floor and sides, it wasn't a LOT but the guy was on thinners. I picked up all the trash and restocked what I could.

She goes "This is your damn fault you know"

I pause, I cringe. I thought she's saying I didn't move fast enough or lift him well enough (we were walking him X2 assist to gurney a few feet like 10, from the bed because of how heavy he was, he made it 4/5 of the way there or so before his legs gave out and then that was fun)

I was ready to hear her out though, I felt like I played a hand in killing him. If I'd been faster on my part....

She goes on to say

"Cause you just HAD to say on the way over here (In her best impression of my voice) "Well Like it's BLS until you get there and his O2 sats drop down to 60 and you have to intubate him"

It read as a lift assist. We weren't really expecting it to be full arrest.

She wasn't being mean, she was poking at me about saying stuff like that.

I ask her if they called it. They were going to soon. I went out to clean the truck.

They actually enjoyed it (as well as you can) for the experience and how they got lines in pretty quickly, got the ET Tube well, etc etc and they were happy with what they'd done.

I feel like I ****ing personally killed him.

They all seemed pleased with their performance, but I'm just thinking about what I told the wife and how I don't think I did very well. On my last arrest I didn't feel great, by that guy was already dead and cold.

This guy went from weak, tired and diaphoretic to die right in front of us. And we still couldn't get him back. I shocked him a few times (per my medic) and such. But I feel as if I'd anything I did could have been done better if a more qualified candidate had been in my place.

I feel like I don't measure up in terms of trainees.

🤣 I'm a joke

Probably 95% plus of the cases we run on have a pre-determined before we ever get on scene. But, you still have to do your best for the patients.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
The frailty of man’s physical demise, especially when witnessed, can often leave the novice dumbfounded or guilt-ridden.

It can also leave the “veteran” provider calloused and aloof.

Drawing the line in the sand of appreciation and respect for it while not personally tallying every witnessed death is imperative.

Anyways, baseball season is about to start. Go Blue. They sure seem ready.