the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
It’s snowing so hard at my house I’m pretty sure I saw Yukon Cornelius looking for sliver and gold.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
It’s snowing so hard at my house I’m pretty sure I saw Yukon Cornelius looking for sliver and gold.
We’re getting a good amount this week as well. The mountain communities are still seeing a steady amount; I can see it from my house.

It dropped down to the base of the Grapevine so we’re planning on surprising the kiddos tomorrow with a “snow day”.

Mama already called off for the day. It should be fun times.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I'm disappointed the pearl necklace thread vanished. That had the potential to realllllly go off the rails.
I already got in trouble once this week, so I behaved myself.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
In EMS as a medic or nurse, if you do or do not have your resume online (like indeed or such), will recruiters ever come looking for you because you have experience and such?

One time I was at a medical supply store getting spare parts for my stethoscope and a mom and pop ambulance sup or something was there and handed me and my partner cards and offered us jobs, but I don't think that's quite the same.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
My dad as a software developer will get regular offers from Facebook, Google, and other companies big or small offering all kinds of things. A big salary, generous bonuses and time off, great benefits, etc among them.

Unless he is looking for a new job (one job was bad and didn't pay them for months and Texas labor bureau had to go like garnish their money and the FBI got involved because they lied on their books and it turns out they were really bad), but even when he's happy where's he's at right now he gets regular correspondence of job offers.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I get emailed by a headhunter fairly often. At least once a quarter. Just got one actually. Not interested, but flattering to get an email and phone call.

It was much worse when I was in broadcasting. The recruitment was constant. There was zero employer loyalty in that business. Huge salary offers and offers to buy out my contract, relocation allowances, new cars and the like ... it was big, big money. Now, radio is dead in the water and the average radio station has 1 or two employees.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
In EMS as a medic or nurse, if you do or do not have your resume online (like indeed or such), will recruiters ever come looking for you because you have experience and such?

One time I was at a medical supply store getting spare parts for my stethoscope and a mom and pop ambulance sup or something was there and handed me and my partner cards and offered us jobs, but I don't think that's quite the same.
I dont know how often if you use those, but yes, it happens without. One of the docs at the local level 1 tried to give me the sales pitch to come work for him and he has tried to get a few of us throughout the years. People will throw stuff your way as you build a network and reputation.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I dont know how often if you use those, but yes, it happens without. One of the docs at the local level 1 tried to give me the sales pitch to come work for him and he has tried to get a few of us throughout the years. People will throw stuff your way as you build a network and reputation.
But it's he a decent dude or just a slimy Dr none of the worth their salt providers trust?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
When I broke my leg I was stressed out like crazy over it and in a fair bit of pain and the Dr at the workman's comp/rehab place was like "Oh, your heart rate is high. You might need to follow up with a cardiologist"

Like no ****. I just broke my leg and tore up my tendons and ligaments and soft tissue and I'm kinda freaking out about my job.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The snow berm on the side of my driveway is getting a little ridiculous. 3rd shovel of the day is in the books.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
But it's he a decent dude or just a slimy Dr none of the worth their salt providers trust?
I've got nothing against him, I just dont want to be a fire fighter. His agency is Fire based EMS. If I could be a medic only or work the helicopter their medics staff, I absolutely would go.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader

I get a couple messages on my LinkedIn account every now and again. Really love when AMR sends one, I already work there.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I get a couple messages on my LinkedIn account every now and again. Really love when AMR sends one, I already work there.
Maybe they like you so much they want to hire more of you. 🤣