the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well Kaui to Oahu is 63 miles, Maui to Oahu is 116 miles, and Big Island (Hawaii Island) is like 200 miles. Not sure how far regular rotary wing flights go on normal, but the islands are a tad bit further apart than a lot of people seem to realize (granted a commercial flight from Hilo on Big Island to Honolulu is about an hour give or take)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Quick question for the Home Ec crowd:

I have a glass measuring cup (Target brand version of Pyrex style, pretty sure it's regular glass though), that was used to measure bleach for laundry. If I wash it out (like say rinse and then put in the dishwasher), is it safe to use for foodstuffs again, or is the bleach making it a cleaning supplies only measure cup?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan

I have a glass measuring cup (Target brand version of Pyrex style, pretty sure it's regular glass though), that was used to measure bleach for laundry. If I wash it out (like say rinse and then put in the dishwasher), is it safe to use for foodstuffs again, or is the bleach making it a cleaning supplies only measure cup?

Bleach will evaporate eventually. I would just rinse it out well and soap it up if you want.

But I'm not a chemist.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

It is still fine to use for food. Just wash it with some soap and water.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout

Oh, I know this one. When I worked in the cut fruit department at a grocery store, we actually used bleach to sanitize the fruits and veggies. It was a certain PPM and we had test strips and all, but yes, we put bleach on the food. I think you should be fine using a cup that's been thoroughly rinsed

Seirende

Bleach will evaporate eventually. I would just rinse it out well and soap it up if you want.

But I'm not a chemist.
And yes, we couldn't let the water sit too long because the bleach would evaporate

Seirende

Oh, and I mentioned the question to my sister and she reminded me of the BSA three step dishwashing method: wash, rinse, disinfect. Disinfect step is water with a splash of bleach. Oh man, brings me back to my Scouting days where we practically bathed in bleach at the commissary. Blast from the past right there.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I know some people who add a little bleach to 5 gallon buckets of water that they store for disasters.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Anyone know anything about garden tractors? I’m looking for a tractor that’ll cut grass and plow/blow snow. All the online reviews seem sus. I’m looking for a real life review. Currently looking at a CubCadet XT2.
Before EMS I worked for a Husqvarna dealer, they made some very reliable stuff, our customers rarely had a bad thing to say about em. Our mechanics hated cub cadets but it’s been a little bit since that way my thing.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
It seems like the ford/chevy debate. You're partial to one of the other. I've heard great things about the cub cadet. But, that'll be a project that will have to wait a few weeks. This week I'm focused on moving to the new house and I just found out I'm going to be teaching an EMR course as part of our rural EMS education initiative. Going to be busy setting up the home office/virtual classroom.

For any tech-heads, I'll be using OBS to live stream my content and I'm building a very cool virtual studio set up to deliver the class and monthly con ed.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Waking up with snow on the ground is one of the best things ever.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Home from Tennessee.

Tried something new (mostly against my will), bow hunting hogs behind dogs.

Thats a whole new level of nerve racking when you have 3 dogs running around the pig and youre about to release an arrow. It worked out though and I have a hog in the freezer.

E tank

Caution: Paralyzing Agent
Home from Tennessee.

Tried something new (mostly against my will), bow hunting hogs behind dogs.

Thats a whole new level of nerve racking when you have 3 dogs running around the pig and youre about to release an arrow. It worked out though and I have a hog in the freezer.
On Maui, they just slit the hog's throat with a big knife...doubt the dogs are even in the picture at that point...