the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
I love it when a can of spam has more computer savvy than a spammer on this forum....makes my job a lot easier.

On the other hand, it gets me in trouble with the boss since I've exceeded my bag limit by an order of magnitude at least.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
The forced OT is getting very old very fast. It feels like I'm working from vacation to vacation.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
The forced OT is getting very old very fast. It feels like I'm working from vacation to vacation.
What's a vacation?

I haven't been home since June and probably won't go back until at least May. Don't want to risk exposing my family to COVID since my dad is recovering from cancer.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Filed my first BBB review. It's been an hour and I still haven't been able to cancel my Siriusxm radio subscription.

Horrible customer service is an understatement and is almost a compliment to what I'm experiencing.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
A team from my office inspected every ambulance and ALS squad for a large agency that had a change of ownership on a license. What a project. A super busy day. But, it’s always neat to see how other agencies carry their gear.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
What’s with IFT and always working with someone who used to be in the military?

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Filed my first BBB review. It's been an hour and I still haven't been able to cancel my Siriusxm radio subscription.

Horrible customer service is an understatement and is almost a compliment to what I'm experiencing.
SiriusXM once made it so hard to cancel that instead of deal with them any more I went online to my credit card account and changed the number to the credit card that they had been billing. Problem solved.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
No problem with it at all, it’s just that I encounter it a lot.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
No problem with it at all, it’s just that I encounter it a lot.
Strange phenomenon where after the military service has ended, many times people still have bills and require income. By happenstance, IFT happens to usually not be volunteer work. Match made in heaven.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I do understand the concept of capitalism.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
SiriusXM once made it so hard to cancel that instead of deal with them any more I went online to my credit card account and changed the number to the credit card that they had been billing. Problem solved.
Mine was pretty simple to cancel however I kept getting phone calls afterwards for a good 3 months.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wow, they just installed a station pre alert tone.

Normally we just get the radio dispatch. They have the old school three tones over the radio, which is unique for each station, those open the station PA, then we get a tone (two different ones, a hi-lo-hi-lo-hi-lo for medicals, and a hi-loooooooo for fires and everything else) that plays over the radio channel followed by normal dispatch.

Now we actually have a pre alert "bop" that plays a tone and "Engine Response" (or Ladder or whatever) on a seperate circuit, with the normal radio dispatch (a couple times they've overlapped). Theres a seperate more "gentle" tone that plays overnight even. It only tells us the call type for building fires (which we even got one last night, tho it turned out to be nothing) so we got to hear the full range of it already lol

The couple of brand new built stations (and completely remodeled) stations have a similar system that includes red lights turning on for calls so you get audio and visual pre alerts, which is nice, ours is just visual though.

Transfer list just came out and I'm transferring to a neighboring station. Single company, similar call volume, though they're a relocating station so I'll see plenty of the neighboring battalions going to help them put on their brush fires lol. But that station is on the short list for a completely new build station (supposedly in the next year or two) so that'll be nice, something to look forward to.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Why does the vending machine at work offer canned tuna?

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Why does the vending machine at work offer canned tuna?

There's this thing where people are hungry and wish to eat. Tuna is a food that can be eaten. Humans can exchange currency for items in a vending machine to obtain goods. The goods are often times edible. The human can then consume the purchased goods to satiate their hunger

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
It’s just so bizarre to see in a vending machine next to chips and candy.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
True

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Wow, they just installed a station pre alert tone.

Normally we just get the radio dispatch. They have the old school three tones over the radio, which is unique for each station, those open the station PA, then we get a tone (two different ones, a hi-lo-hi-lo-hi-lo for medicals, and a hi-loooooooo for fires and everything else) that plays over the radio channel followed by normal dispatch.

Now we actually have a pre alert "bop" that plays a tone and "Engine Response" (or Ladder or whatever) on a seperate circuit, with the normal radio dispatch (a couple times they've overlapped). Theres a seperate more "gentle" tone that plays overnight even. It only tells us the call type for building fires (which we even got one last night, tho it turned out to be nothing) so we got to hear the full range of it already lol

The couple of brand new built stations (and completely remodeled) stations have a similar system that includes red lights turning on for calls so you get audio and visual pre alerts, which is nice, ours is just visual though.

Transfer list just came out and I'm transferring to a neighboring station. Single company, similar call volume, though they're a relocating station so I'll see plenty of the neighboring battalions going to help them put on their brush fires lol. But that station is on the short list for a completely new build station (supposedly in the next year or two) so that'll be nice, something to look forward to.
Next thing you'll want is different colored lights for the calls. Red for fire, blue for medical.
:p