the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
2020 does suck, but there has been a lot that’s happened this year that I’m really thankful for. I focus on that and try to just take it day by day.
For sure. We’re doing ok overall. It gave me an inadvertent extra week or so off, and I get to enjoy turkey with the fam. Wish I could taste it though😃

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Turkey is in the oven. Pray that the fire gods bless us with no interruptions.

Annnnddddd traffic collision with extrication.
Our Union actually arranged for each station to get catered Thanksgiving dinner delivered. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, veggies, pie... plus some in the community donated even more pie. We have enough food we were inviting PD and Ocean Safety to drop by and make themselves a plate 😁 (only reason we didn't invite EMS is because the two closest ambulances are stationed at the two neighboring fire stations so they (should) be covered already)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Cancelled.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Happy thanksgiving y'all. Try to find something positive this year. It's been a rough one.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well the hour long call didn’t dry out the bird. Thanksgiving dinner was a success even though it was a hour and a half late.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Some of you are in unions? Lucky

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Some of you are in unions? Lucky
Well I'm Fire so we have our Local IAFF (HFFA 1463). But our EMS is a County Third Service so they're union as well (I wanna say they're part of the Local United Public Workers (UPW) shop? I'm not sure off the top of my head...)

The two neighboring counties both use AMR for full range EMS, and both those AMR shops are Union as well (the 4th county here is Fire based)

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
I’d love to get my AMR branch unionized.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
IA Med is running a 60% off sale, so went and bought their flight medical provider refresher. Might as well knock out all these CE's I need to start paying attention to here soon.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
Of course, supervisors love hearing about unions.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Im shooting a crossbow in my house....for......reasons.

Fun fact. Its exactly 25 yards from the top of my stairs to the back wall of my bedroom.
Plus a few more inches after the bolt goes through the drywall.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
What happens when the kids flinch?
As long as it's their first experience, it should be fine. If it's not their first time... pliers, spackle, putty knife, and painting supplies might be necessary.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
As long as it's their first experience, it should be fine. If it's not their first time... pliers, spackle, putty knife, and painting supplies might be necessary.
For some reason when reading this I couldn't help but look at it from a Bugs Bunny cartoon viewpoint.