the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Partially because I need to lose some weight, and the gyms are still mostly closed around here, and I dont have much in the way of equipment at home (plus its super easy to just be lazy once I get home) I've been trying to wake up a few minutes earlier at station and squeeze in a morning workout.

Nothing toooo crazy (we normally wake up at 0630 to the morning department wide dispatch alarm test and put up the flags and all that, so I been setting my watch alarm to 0600, just to get some weights in before) (we'll do an afternoon workout on shift as a crew, but this way I manage to get at least a little something something in on whats gonna be my off day lol... I also try to go for a run later in the day)

Success in that endeavor has been a bit hit or miss, last couple shifts before the 4 day I got a few good sets in. This morning however... the 0600 watch alarm just made sure I was actually able to get up at 0630 for the flags, and then "morning workout" lost badly to "need for morning coffee" lol 😆

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I also try to go for a run later in the day

Why not substitute a run for a hike? I’ve heard Oahu has some good hikes.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
BAB6598B-9FE8-4314-BEE9-AC6C0100DC6C.jpeg
Dad gets to play sherpa even on his day off. Twas a beautiful day for a hike, too.

CALEMT

53 degrees in the house, heater on, blowing cold air through the vents. Being a homeowner sure is fun.

CALEMT

Update. After plenty of me crawling around the attic and searching high and low for my furnace. I finally caved and texted the previous homeowner and found out it’s on the roof tied into the ac unit. Check the furnace, hear air moving but the pilot isn’t lit (gas is on). So I change the return filter thinking maybe it’s not getting good airflow. Still nothing. Time to consult YouTube, and in my searching I found out about the high limit tco valve. Pulled that bad son of a B, mf’ing the engineer who decided to put it in a almost inaccessible area. Gave it a few well deserved love taps and what do you know. I now have heat.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Update. After plenty of me crawling around the attic and searching high and low for my furnace. I finally caved and texted the previous homeowner and found out it’s on the roof tied into the ac unit. Check the furnace, hear air moving but the pilot isn’t lit (gas is on). So I change the return filter thinking maybe it’s not getting good airflow. Still nothing. Time to consult YouTube, and in my searching I found out about the high limit tco valve. Pulled that bad son of a B, mf’ing the engineer who decided to put it in a almost inaccessible area. Gave it a few well deserved love taps and what do you know. I now have heat.
Man Law dictates that you, in fact, earned enough Man Points for the day. Have a beer.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
How do I not be a white cloud at work? It's making my FTO time difficult.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Crazy, we just had a multi patient, multi motorcycle down accident on the freeway behind the station, like we literally hopped the fence between our parking and the freeway.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Unfortunately not much you can do. Seems like whenever you really need some calls, everyone is sleeping, nice white fluffy clouds... but when you've had a few calls and need that quiet night, thats when the storm clouds "10 calls in 12 hours" hit...

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Whatever you do, DO NOT awaken the Motorola gods with the word that shall not be uttered on shift.

CALEMT

Whatever you do, DO NOT awaken the Motorola gods with the word that shall not be uttered on shift.

Sure is quite at this slow station.

I fear no one.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Sure is quite at this slow station.

I fear no one.
It is with regret that I must announce that CALEMT will not be able to join us for some time as he recovers from injuries he sustained in a "fall" at his station. The other crew members at the station all swear he repeatedly "tripped" all by himself.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Just pick up the hotline and tell dispatch that your unit is first up for ANY call.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Supporting someone (or trying to) with addiction is very difficult. Pray for us, please. Well wishes and good vibes are needed.