the 100% directionless thread

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
During the great epi shortage™️ a few years ago, I got issued IC Epi preloads. I wanted to break out a red sharpie and draw the dot a la Pulp Fiction.
We got mag like that once, whack.

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Woohoo! Checked my email this morning and found out that a $5000 hospital bill had been forgiven. That bill has been a major stressor for some months and now *poof* it's gone, just like that (after fighting through my arch nemesis... paperwork).

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
How does giving CPR actually open and close the valves while giving a contracting force?
CPR would be far less effective if the valves in the heart weren't one-way valves... (hint hint)

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I’m at a softball clinic with my kiddo. It’s a beautiful day in central PA.
2651B46E-A7E3-44A4-9DBD-FDCBFCA5B600.jpeg

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Was running late this morning, showed up to station only like 5 min before shift change -_-

Wouldn't be bad, maybe some light razing, except my Engine drove by on way to a call while I was still a block out lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Was running late this morning, showed up to station only like 5 min before shift change -_-

Wouldn't be bad, maybe some light razing, except my Engine drove by on way to a call while I was still a block out lol
Reminds me of that scene from Backdraft.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
CPR would be far less effective if the valves in the heart weren't one-way valves... (hint hint)

Yeah but I learned today that everyone has a murmur because our valves aren't all that efficient even when working as intended and normal EF is like 66%

... seems bad, bro

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
7ED044F8-F341-44CE-854A-77B9350545A6.jpeg

What’s better than one bow? Two bows!

CALEMT

What draw weights?

Both are 60 pounds. I could go to 70 on my new bow (top picture) but I won't. With the broad heads I shoot I've shot through every animal I've killed.

Someone who can hit the broadside of a barn?

I need a backup in case something happened to my bow on a hunt.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Both are 60 pounds. I could go to 70 on my new bow (top picture) but I won't. With the broad heads I shoot I've shot through every animal I've killed.

I need a backup in case something happened to my bow on a hunt.
Ive had 2 for a few years now. Its comforting having a back up.

I knicked a buss cabke with a broadhead a few years ago, hard to get a new string during the season.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Yeah but I learned today that everyone has a murmur because our valves aren't all that efficient even when working as intended and normal EF is like 66%
Who told you that “everyone has a murmur”?

CALEMT

Ive had 2 for a few years now. Its comforting having a back up.

I knicked a buss cabke with a broadhead a few years ago, hard to get a new string during the season.

My mom had the same thing happen to her bow the day before deer season this year. It prompted me to buy a back up, she had to drive 3 hours back home to get it repaired, lost out on 2 days of hunting.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief

I felt better when I walked into station and both my Engineer and Captain were both here anyway (previous shift who was still technically on duty took it anyway lol)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
My professor

Due to the fact that there's some leakage from the valves
Just because there's some leakage, it doesn't mean that the heart is somehow inherently broken. As long as those valves are mostly intact and functional, they'll basically force blood flow to follow the appropriate path. The EF under CPR is usually going to be completely crappy but at least there's usually some flow through the heart and that's better than no flow. Remember that in a very healthy heart, the amount of retrograde flow through the valves under systole will be pretty darned small and probably only typically detectable with diagnostic ultrasound.