the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Cops. Need. To. Stay. Out. Of. Limited. Parking. Spaces. At. (Especially) The. Level. 1. Trauma. Center.

It's getting busy.
When the police start parking on the roof top helicopter pad is when I will start to say something to them. Mainly “how did you get that up here and how do you plan on getting it down?”

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
When the police start parking on the roof top helicopter pad is when I will start to say something to them. Mainly “how did you get that up here and how do you plan on getting it down?”

Well when we're dodging cars on the street with gurneys cause there's 4 squad cars in the bay and 3 ambos on the street 😠🙄😒

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Well when we're dodging cars on the street with gurneys cause there's 4 squad cars in the bay and 3 ambos on the street 😠🙄😒
You have to show you are the alpha male in that relationship. After you drop the patient off, drive to their police station and park sideways in their parking spot.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I actually do this, but because they have a microwave and a bathroom at 0200 and I know the door code to let myself in lol.

You sound like the cops who do this exact thing at the fire stations.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
You have to show you are the alpha male in that relationship. After you drop the patient off, drive to their police station and park sideways in their parking spot.
extra points if you drive a ‘dozer.
I actually do this, but because they have a microwave and a bathroom at 0200 and I know the door code to let myself in lol.
Unfortunately, 7/11’s or outlying station move ups were my only options on the ambulance.

Preferably the latter was at one of our stations, or a hospital.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Settling in the back yard with a cold gin and tonic (milk for the kid) and a bowl of popcorn to watch the new scooby do on the projector.

I can usually justify about any purchase but I saved $70 by not going to the drive in tonight, one more time and this thing pays for itself. Also, thank you Rona for the digital release age.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I’m pretty psyched for “Greyhound” on 7/10, Apple+ release. Tom Hanks is a phenomenal actor and it’s loosely based on the saga of the USS Borie, a WW2 destroyer that literally got in a pistol-shooting gunfight with a U-boat.

Also had a conversation that put things in perspective for me. It’s too expensive to be safe, or to have safe vehicles, so meh...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
@DragonClaw Just do what I do and do the bare minimum so you don't get thanked. :D

I get awkward when people thank me. I had an actual COVID 19 patient thank me for my service. She was super short of breath and giving her oxygen via non rebreather mask totally turned her around. I didn't know how to reply and I think I said something like "No problem. This is fun." LOL!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Why, oh why does Hollywood insist on showing EMTs in an Ambulance (often with the lights flashing) picking up the dead body in the body bag? Have they never heard of the Coroner??

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
@DragonClaw Just do what I do and do the bare minimum so you don't get thanked. :D

I get awkward when people thank me. I had an actual COVID 19 patient thank me for my service. She was super short of breath and giving her oxygen via non rebreather mask totally turned her around. I didn't know how to reply and I think I said something like "No problem. This is fun." LOL!

I (un)fortunately am not placated my the bare minimum. I know you're poking but I can't even think like that 😅

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Why, oh why does Hollywood insist on showing EMTs in an Ambulance (often with the lights flashing) picking up the dead body in the body bag? Have they never heard of the Coroner??
And then the cop slaps the back door twice, which signals the driver to speed away with lights & sirens blazing.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Took my Security+ exam yesterday... passing score was 750; I got an 820!! So I'm now DrParasite, CSAP!!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
A16EBE75-D4C5-4E52-9D79-551143290E52.gif

To all my fellow dad’s out there, Happy Father’s Day. Be well, gentlemen.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Worked an OT shift at my regularly assigned Engine on 2nd Watch... they were joking the other FF was Doctor Death because they're last shift they had a cardiac arrest, 1st Watch the day before had one... and then we had one ourselves...

(45 yo M at the swap meet who's cousin though he was just passed out, so no bystander CPR but <5 min downtime. Our AED can show a basic rhythm, showed asystole at first. EMS arrives, on their monitor, eventually a PEA rythm shows, hey we got pulses back, load into the ambulance, no pulse, resume CPR, a few rounds get ROSC again, you can see on the monitor they give Epi, good palpable pulse ~100bpm, lasts for maybe a min before bradying back down and re-arresting. Had like 5 or 6 rounds of Epi and an amp of Bi-Carb, got into the hospital with a pulse so hopefully they could do something to keep that going. Of course we never find out what outcomes...)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
For ...reasons(?), we don't keep spare AED batteries at the stations, have to call BC to get one, and he was not at all surprised ours was chirping low battery after the last few days lol

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
wife decided to be nice to me for fathers day, and washed my house shorts... and didn't remove my iPod that was in the front pocket... I found it in the dryer... now I have a $100 paperweight sitting in rice for a few weeks hoping it's not totally fried...