the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Well go figure my first confirmed COVID pt happens to be a cardiac arrest.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
So a firefighter or academy trainee (news reports vary?) Was in a jeep down by the beach and was ejected into some water connected to the sea?. He and a dog were ejected.

They were looking for him. Fisherman just found his body.

For water rescue, how soon do you need to be found before you're probably dead? I don't mean the outlier that lived for 6 days on nothing in the ocean but like in general. How long does someone have?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
So a firefighter or academy trainee (news reports vary?) Was in a jeep down by the beach and was ejected into some water connected to the sea?. He and a dog were ejected.

They were looking for him. Fisherman just found his body.

For water rescue, how soon do you need to be found before you're probably dead? I don't mean the outlier that lived for 6 days on nothing in the ocean but like in general. How long does someone have?
Depends on injuries sustained during ejection, LOC when entering water, physical conditioning, ability to remain calm if conscious, water temperature, tides, currents, and the local wildlife that are looking for a snack.

Edit: link to estimated survival times based upon water temp

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Depends on injuries sustained during ejection, LOC when entering water, physical conditioning, ability to remain calm if conscious, water temperature, tides, currents, and the local wildlife that are looking for a snack.

Edit: link to estimated survival times based upon water temp
Minutes if you’re a bad swimmer.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Got called for a 700lb patient. Too bad our Stryker weight limit is 650lb because we could have lifted it if we picked up an extra 120lb up front for balance.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got called for a 700lb patient. Too bad our Stryker weight limit is 650lb because we could have lifted it if we picked up an extra 120lb up front for balance.
Must be nice to be in that BK

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Thinking about donating my hair and shaving my head

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
Current plan is to cut my hair for donation and then shave my head on Sunday. I hope a little person who loves curls gets my hair. :)

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Current plan is to cut my hair for donation and then shave my head on Sunday. I hope a little person who loves curls gets my hair. :)

That's nice. I've never had curly hair so I have no idea what that's like. My hair is pretty thick and flat. Generally low maintenance. Just brush it out of the shower and it's good.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
I saw a balloon inflate-o-thingy on an IV bag the other day. The evil sock of a q u e e z e. I forget what is called. The whatchamacallit.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Had to take a COVID pt home today on BiPAP. Hospice. 2nd floor. Had to unfuck the equipment at the residence. Between the move supine up steps on a Reeves and the equipment problems, I thought that DNR was about to become real necessary. Fortunately we got it fixed and she perked up, because I REALLY didn't want to deal with that and a large hysterical family is in the room. That was all kinds of unfun for a bit. June had been a **** show and I think tonight is a whiskey and coke with dinner kinda night.

DragonClaw

Emergency Medical Texan
Had to take a COVID pt home today on BiPAP. Hospice. 2nd floor. Had to unfuck the equipment at the residence. Between the move supine up steps on a Reeves and the equipment problems, I thought that DNR was about to become real necessary. Fortunately we got it fixed and she perked up, because I REALLY didn't want to deal with that and a large hysterical family is in the room. That was all kinds of unfun for a bit. June had been a **** show and I think tonight is a whiskey and coke with dinner kinda night.

Mmmm. Better than the regretful kind of call. Sounds like problem solver mode went full bore with you at the helm. Good job.