the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't go back in service until the food is in hand, problem solved.
except at my last few services there was no going out of service to get food lol Plus it was California where people are suuuuuper obsessed with response times (my last company you could get a write up of the GPS tracker didn't show you responding, as in vehicle physically rolling, within 60 seconds of being dispatched......thankfully in reality that only really happened if you busted the max allowed 8 min response time to be on scene and the call was within the same district you were in, but it was known to happen.....had to go back to a restaurant after the call more than once to pick up an order... .one day enroute back to said restaurant we got another call! Thankfully when we finally made it a few hours later they remembered us and got the order ready without any fuss lol)

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
except at my last few services there was no going out of service to get food lol Plus it was California where people are suuuuuper obsessed with response times (my last company you could get a write up of the GPS tracker didn't show you responding, as in vehicle physically rolling, within 60 seconds of being dispatched......thankfully in reality that only really happened if you busted the max allowed 8 min response time to be on scene and the call was within the same district you were in, but it was known to happen.....had to go back to a restaurant after the call more than once to pick up an order... .one day enroute back to said restaurant we got another call! Thankfully when we finally made it a few hours later they remembered us and got the order ready without any fuss lol)
The girls at carls jr across from st francis knew me well because of that! Mikes Hockey Burger RIP use to hold our food for us or remake it.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
*fingers crossed* If I get this flight job, I think the thing ill miss most is the never ending food options available to ground crews.

Cant exactly land the chopper at the drive thru

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
*fingers crossed* If I get this flight job, I think the thing ill miss most is the never ending food options available to ground crews.

Cant exactly land the chopper at the drive thru

says whom? Get a rappel rope, you'll be the most badass individual ever!
Side note: never realized the excessive amount of taxes & fees with leasing a car... 1500$ for me to take it off your lot. o_Oo_O

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Please supervisor, please try to supervise in a way that makes some actual sense.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Commiefornia emission laws for the win. Filling up my truck and our fancy gas pumps that won't work unless they seal around the tank burped a imperial **** ton of gas all over my truck, the ground, and me. Hope the EPA is happy...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
For the first time today, I saw someone bounce between junctional and sinus brady because their rate got so low they'd go to junctional. Not exactly a ACLS testing progression on that dude as far as treatment goes. I know it's never good when my partner calls me over since I let her run stuff while I write down info and ask random bits here and there for most calls. :p

Qulevrius

Nationally Certified Wannabe
For the first time today, I saw someone bounce between junctional and sinus brady because their rate got so low they'd go to junctional. Not exactly a ACLS testing progression on that dude as far as treatment goes. I know it's never good when my partner calls me over since I let her run stuff while I write down info and ask random bits here and there for most calls. :p

1+1 truck ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I gotta get out of ground transport. These " weve always done it this way" or "ive bee doing it this way 20 years" people are making me lose my mind.

I dont care how many people youve tubed. I dont care if you directly visualized a tube passing through the cords, have condensation and bilateral breath sounds. When youre capno says 0 and youre patient is deteriorating, you have to pull that tube.

End rant

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Whenever they talk about the debt ceiling, I can't be the only one thinking:

200.gif

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I gotta get out of ground transport. These " weve always done it this way" or "ive bee doing it this way 20 years" people are making me lose my mind.

I dont care how many people youve tubed. I dont care if you directly visualized a tube passing through the cords, have condensation and bilateral breath sounds. When youre capno says 0 and youre patient is deteriorating, you have to pull that tube.

End rant

Check out "Do It For Drew." Pretty powerful story along those lines.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Is there anywhere where waveform ETCO2 confirmation isn't standard of care?