the 100% directionless thread

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
What's going on here. Explain it to me like I'm five. Better yet, send me a private message.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Day 8 done, finally finished with all the admin stuff (in processing, going over policies and procedures, rules and regs, etc).

Tomorrow starts our first practical skills class of this fire academy......and it's 3 DAYS of AHA CPR! yay....(?) Lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Day 8 done, finally finished with all the admin stuff (in processing, going over policies and procedures, rules and regs, etc).

Tomorrow starts our first practical skills class of this fire academy......and it's 3 DAYS of AHA CPR! yay....(?) Lol
Are you guys EMR's or mostly EMT's? Also, Honolulu EMS is y'allz amb-ah-lance?...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Are you guys EMR's or mostly EMT's? Also, Honolulu EMS is y'allz amb-ah-lance?...
EMT. There's a full 7-8 Week NR EMT class part of the Academy (part of why it's a 32 week Academy)

Yeah third service, City and County of Honolulu EMS Department.

(Though I live down the street from a hospital and my apartment overlooks the freeway, and I see plenty of AMR units running around, code 3 even, so idk if they do backup? Or private emergencies out a SNFs and urgent cares? Or something else, but they are out here...)

VentMonkey

Family Guy
EMT. There's a full 7-8 Week NR EMT class part of the Academy (part of why it's a 32 week Academy)

Yeah third service, City and County of Honolulu EMS Department.

(Though I live down the street from a hospital and my apartment overlooks the freeway, and I see plenty of AMR units running around, code 3 even, so idk if they do backup? Or private emergencies out a SNFs and urgent cares? Or something else, but they are out here...)
Yeah, I want to say they're in Maui (County?) and are considered "Maui County EMS".

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I know they're on the Big Island too, but I don't think they're the primary EMS out there (could be wrong though). One of the islands, their FD is a transporting dept, but not HAD, no ambulances here, and County EMS is the primary

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
A three-day CPR class sounds like torture.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
You can never push hard enough...or fast enough! Plus, they're fyremen right Jimbo?:p
sippy cups of the Kool-Aide already went around today when one of the instructors was saying CPR is our "bread and butter" and that "we do it better than even the EMS guys"......

RocketMedic

Well yeah...I've got other things to be doing lol. Those mai tais don't make themselves!

Vent, I'm not really seeing any weird shenanigans threads. Looks pretty normal.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
sippy cups of the Kool-Aide already went around today when one of the instructors was saying CPR is our "bread and butter" and that "we do it better than even the EMS guys"......
Yet I'm the pensionless penny-pinching single-role who isn't "stuck" on a gorgeous island as a career firefighter.
Vent, I'm not really seeing any weird shenanigans threads. Looks pretty normal.
Eh, movin' on. I guarantee you missed nothing.

RocketMedic

So I saw BakerTaylor28's EMSA truck in another thread and I had to giggle. I dunno how they assign them now, but when I was there, it was very much the luck of the draw, and I spent more than a few shifts in the old pink rig, #373. That truck was like some weird death magnet. Stabbed in the heart with a poker-thingie? 373. Massive GI bleed? 373. Terrible burns? 373. Open pediatric humoral fracture? 373.

RocketMedic

20280398_1499623873410306_680894082444870410_o.jpg

That's the new Frazer replacing the 2010 Braun E450 I'm in at the moment. Hopefully we put it in-service soon.

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
We have a protocol meeting next month, im trying to think of some off the wall stuff to get pushed through.

First on the agenda is to get rid of pre-mixed mag.

Im also going to ask for push dose pressors just for funzies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
We have a protocol meeting next month, im trying to think of some off the wall stuff to get pushed through.

First on the agenda is to get rid of pre-mixed mag.

Im also going to ask for push dose pressors just for funzies

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
I love our push dose pressors as an option