the 100% directionless thread

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
@NomadicMedic , you should hear some of the radio stations out past San Antonio. JESSUS!!!!!!

XM Radio is one of the best things about my wife's Jeep for that trip.

Not today, already gonna be 9-ish getting into Sacramento and me and my sister got an early morning to get to the race

But hey, yeah, I can totally make a detour on my way back south on monday...

I'm not even in the county at the moment. I'm visiting my folks for a few days before heading to day 0 of my new gig on Wednesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Didnt get the flight position that I never applied for lol. They hired a guy that was in my medic class, his wife is a flight medic there already. By the time I heard about it he was already hired.

Oh well, i didnt really want to work there anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
VeriHealth/Falck has at least 3 rigs on standby here at Sonoma Raceway....like sign me up for that OT! Lol

Attachments

• 20170625_082726.jpg
    20170625_082726.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 155

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So the area that I stayed in when I went to Zion is currently on fire with 40,000+ acres already burned. That was such a beautiful area with amazing cabins.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
So the area that I stayed in when I went to Zion is currently on fire with 40,000+ acres already burned. That was such a beautiful area with amazing cabins.

If a fire is 40,000+ acres then the area needed to burn. It's not going to hurt the forest or grassland. Yes it will be an eyesore for a year or two... three maybe but the regrowth will make the area look better than ever. Where my parents bought property was near Arizonas largerst veg fire like 500,000 acres. The regrowth in the area is amazing. The amount of baby aspen and pine trees is like I've never seen it.

RocketMedic

Didnt get the flight position that I never applied for lol. They hired a guy that was in my medic class, his wife is a flight medic there already. By the time I heard about it he was already hired.

Oh well, i didnt really want to work there anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Don't blame you

RocketMedic

At this point, Creek is basically the job waiting tables while we churn through school. Once that masters is done, IDK, but I have a feeling that some doors will open somewhere. AMR is aggressively looking for leaders here in Texas in the Abilene and Temple areas, but I really want this masters and University of Houston is really convenient for me and the acceptance criteria is everything I have. Plus neither Temple nor Abilene are places I want to live. They're just too far from friends and family. I would really enjoy San Antonio again. Or maybe southern New Mexico or Colorado. Or California. But I'm pretty over the swamp. Maybe Vegas or Reno? Mountains and dry would be nice.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

Yeah. Fire season seems unusually bad in the west this year. Arizona started early and has had at least a couple of fires burning all the time.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Zing. That's a pretty dismissive take of Skip and his accomplishments... but have a real conversation with him and see if you change your tune.
My problem with Skip is he is pretty dismissive of younger members of this profession.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Zing. That's a pretty dismissive take of Skip and his accomplishments... but have a real conversation with him and see if you change your tune.

I've had more than a handful of conversations with him.

No arguing that he's done a lot for the profession. With that said, his general demeanor is "do it my way or you're wrong and you will fail."

Also, like TJ said, he can be extremely dismissive towards younger providers and is extremely arrogant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk