the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Ok Cult members, quick/silly question, just passed the County line in Corman/Lebec in the Tejon, got me wondering, would both you guys and LACo respond if someone called in a traffic collision or something right there?
Most likely. Like anywhere it depends on what corner, or how far/ how severe. Keep driving north and most likely not. The blue and whites, aka KCFD, likes to handle their own. LACoFD seems to call more for mutual aid from 56, and/ or 57 (Lebec, and Frazier Park respectively).

Also, no TWD, or you'll be the MVC! Seriously chippies run rampant through there cuz of all the brake fires coming down the grapevine, weigh scales, and their substation in Lebec.

When you pass Panama Ln (assuming you're taking the 99 the whole way) wave goodbye to the Monkey Fam. I'm in that vicinity.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Waving hi at the Monkey farm from the 99 and Panama :)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

If you wanna take a detour to look at some giant sequoia trees get on mountain road 56/ Ave 56/ Sierra Ave at Earlimart and head east until you hit pine flat. I can give more precise directions from there.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
If you wanna take a detour to look at some giant sequoia trees get on mountain road 56/ Ave 56/ Sierra Ave at Earlimart and head east until you hit pine flat. I can give more precise directions from there.
And by "precise" he means you veer right at the fork in the road, pass the two willow trees, not three, two. Then take the rocky road past two sticks, if you passed a giant rock, you've gone too far...

#WelcomeToTheSticksCityDweller

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Why do I feel like those precise directions will lead him straight to your basement

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
And by "precise" he means you veer right at the fork in the road, pass the two willow trees, not three, two. Then take the rocky road past two sticks, if you passed a giant rock, you've gone too far...

#WelcomeToTheSticksCityDweller

But seriously though...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
As long as his name's not "Zed" all is good, right?!o_O

Zed's dead VentMonkey, Zed's dead.
That's Lord Zedd to you
latest
https://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.ne...rd_Zedd.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20170401010018

VentMonkey

Family Guy
I think @Jim37F just nerded out on us. Also, what time do you estimate you'll be headed back this way on Monday, Jimbo?...

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Not today, already gonna be 9-ish getting into Sacramento and me and my sister got an early morning to get to the race

But hey, yeah, I can totally make a detour on my way back south on monday...
You'll be in my general area...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Funny how 6 hours driving makes your legs feel like you just ran 6 miles lol but finally arrived at my sisters apt in Carmichael

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
1) Vent, you saw willow trees like there's any out there lol. I have fond memories of Ridgecrest and East Kern teenage years. Splendid desolation, girls, campfires....it was pretty classy. Plus Burroughs plays a mean road game for football.

2) You also live near my grandparents. They're back in one of the subdivisions on the north side of Panama north of the grocery store across from the trailer park and cemetery. Earl Warren Middle School when I was living there.

3) California is almost as tall as Texas is wide. Apple Valley to Ukiah was a long, long day.

4) Thinking towards the future, not sure what I want to do. Management vs teaching. I feel like I'm pretty capped out at what I'm doing now in terms of what I can earn and accomplish, but I am pretty good at it, and part of me wants to remain a field medic; part wants to go into IFT/CCT (non-flight, because I don't like fire or crashes with me involved), and part wants to go into management or teaching. IDK. Honestly, MedStar's clinical Critical Care Medic seems really interesting to me, because it's literally a nontransporting clinical critical care medic, but I also want to make some of the systemic and organizational changes that our industry sorely needs and I know that my best shot at that is not a place like Medstar where I'd just be another cog in the machine. Honestly, some smaller operation in Small Town, USA would be my best bet on that front.

5) While I wait for the new Frazier to reach us this fall, we have a 1994 Braun box on its 5th remount riding a 2009 E450. That's broken, so I'm in a 1999 Braun mated to a 2010 E450. The normal truck rides better, but this reserve I'm in has a dedicated rear air conditioner with its own generator in addition to the roof unit and is bigger and better laid-out, although the cabinets suck in comparison to the old one. Not sure if I should ask to keep the reserve or go back to Ole' Betsy. Either way, the Frazier is going to be awesome.

6) Need to interview a healthcare leader for my capstone project. Any volunteers?

VentMonkey

Family Guy
1) Vent, you saw willow trees like there's any out there lol.
Yup, strictly over exaggerated figure of speech.

2) You also live near my grandparents. They're back in one of the subdivisions on the north side of Panama north of the grocery store across from the trailer park and cemetery. Earl Warren Middle School when I was living there.
I'm on the south side of Panama. If they live where I think they do, it's a smaller, older, hidden nice residential area that I drive the girls by during Christmas since some of those homes put up some decent lights.

3) Apple Valley to Ukiah was a long, long day.
Yes, yes that is. Woof.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Side note: CA does have some banjo lands. Those are nowhere near as banjo as the eight hours of nothing between San Antonio and El Paso, Southern New Mexico, or anything that's not on a major interstate here in Texas.