the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Somebody's jealous...
I draw the line at rally towels, as do any self-respecting teams:p.

Although Chief Nokahoma was pretty awesome. I'm a tad jealous of his awesomeness, not to mention his name.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
GO Randy Johnson???:rolleyes::oops:o_O

Fry14MN

Security Officer/Dispatcher/FR
Now the Super Bowl hype in Minnesota will pickup. I am really hoping for a snowstorm on game day.
I work at a hospital downtown Minneapolis right by the new stadium...I can only imagine how my shift will go if I get posted in the ER that night. We will probably have extra officers on hand that night.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
News is talking to the crew of LA County Sheriff's Air Rescue 5 about a mountain rescue they just did the other day....one of the guys job title was listed as Deputy Paramedic....like somehow I get the feeling that the number of individuals whose current duty position is LACo Sheriff's Deputy Paramedic are in the single digit range lol

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
News is talking to the crew of LA County Sheriff's Air Rescue 5 about a mountain rescue they just did the other day....one of the guys job title was listed as Deputy Paramedic....like somehow I get the feeling that the number of individuals whose current duty position is LACo Sheriff's Deputy Paramedic are in the single digit range lol

Can probably count them all on 1 hand.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Can probably count them all on 1 hand.
Lol, I was looking for the Vertical 911 article about their air ops. It should be more than a handful.

Obviously the word "medic" to the media is a loose term, but, TMK they're called TFD's, or Tactical Flight Deputies. They're put through PTI, and do full medic internships with LaCoFD and/ or were paramedics beforehand; it's usually the former though.

These are usually guys who have been on the department for a long time, and they train like their lives depend on it (see: are more physically fit than I ever was in my prime). As far as their "medic skills", well, it's LA, so yeah.

They do/ did have glidescopes on their person, and I still remember one of their TFD's showing us how to use it at PHTLS class I took with Downey Fire years ago.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
12 calls in 14.5 hours. Worked from 0430-2100. Vent transfer that went to ****...I am all Paramediced out today. No more. Nope.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Some no good, rotten SOB broke a window in my truck last night. Nothing stolen, but now I've got a $300 window glass replacement on tap for this afternoon. The cops think it was some local kids.

window.jpg

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Some no good, rotten SOB broke a window in my truck last night. Nothing stolen, but now I've got a $300 window glass replacement on tap for this afternoon. The cops think it was some local kids.

View attachment 3497
soooo who's knees we breakin'?
upload_2017-2-7_14-24-44.png

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Three or 4 houses on my street were hit last night. Nothing stolen, just a smashed window. And of course, the glass guy can't come til tomorrow morning and it's going to POUR tonight. :)

I think we need a neighborhood watch or something. My neighbor across the street is a Savannah firefighter and his brodozer got hit too. He's one pissed off dude.

terrible one

Always wandering
Obviously the word "medic" to the media is a loose term, but, TMK they're called TFD's, or Tactical Flight Deputies. They're put through PTI, and do full medic internships with LaCoFD and/ or were paramedics beforehand; it's usually the former though.

These are usually guys who have been on the department for a long time, and they train like their lives depend on it (see: are more physically fit than I ever was in my prime). As far as their "medic skills", well, it's LA, so yeah.

Oh PTI, idk how they are even still considered a paramedic program. Worst of the worst. And that's saying a lot for LA county medics.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Oh PTI, idk how they are even still considered a paramedic program. Worst of the worst. And that's saying a lot for LA county medics.
I agree. I'm not sure how long they're "didactic" is now, but last I heard it was ~3? months; deplorable, absolutely deplorable.

I stand by my "let 'em just be AEMT's already" theory. Seriously, it's about how they function, and/ or about the same scope/ ETA to the ED's without really needing full ALS measures.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Our local hospital (lvl 1) is on complete stroke divert and their 55 bed er is holding 45 admitted patients. This has been a ****ty day. Rsi'd a stroke and had to run 35 miles with it by ground

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Back from a vacation -- looks like I've missed some fun!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

VentMonkey

Family Guy
One of my old EMT's, who's now a paramedic, cleaned house today at our annual employee recognition awards.

I can honestly say I could not be happier, and more excited for this guy. One of the most deserving people I know. That is all.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Just in case anyone had forgotten...

Pat's win! TB12GOAT!

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I was checking some computer stuff at our main hub when an emergent call goes out. Bee bop along not having looked at the address. I was literally at this house yesterday. Really lady....really....

terrible one

Always wandering
I agree. I'm not sure how long they're "didactic" is now, but last I heard it was ~3? months; deplorable, absolutely deplorable.

I stand by my "let 'em just be AEMT's already" theory. Seriously, it's about how they function, and/ or about the same scope/ ETA to the ED's without really needing full ALS measures.

Pretty much. I'd say about 75% don't even want to be paramedics. Don't get sick in LA county, you may be murdered by an la county ff/pm