the 100% directionless thread

I was checking some computer stuff at our main hub when an emergent call goes out. Bee bop along not having looked at the address. I was literally at this house yesterday. Really lady....really....
Last shift we got a call and as I was typing the address into Google Maps on my phone, it autocompleted as a recent search... like huh, it's not a SNF or anything, just a house...as we pull up on scene it hits me...we were there earlier that morning....for the same patient....

Last shift we got a call and as I was typing the address into Google Maps on my phone, it autocompleted as a recent search... like huh, it's not a SNF or anything, just a house...as we pull up on scene it hits me...we were there earlier that morning....for the same patient....

Isn't that the best? Gotta love that Medicare.
We picked her up in the morning for a chief of abdominal pain secondary to week long constipation w/ indigestion....well it turns out later that that was a chronic situation that she was so tired of family overheard her later that day back at home talking to herself about how she just wanted to take a bunch of pills and follow her late husband, so yeah.....

I was checking some computer stuff at our main hub when an emergent call goes out. Bee bop along not having looked at the address. I was literally at this house yesterday. Really lady....really....

I don't want to come off like a d!ck, but (for your sake) you may want to slow down on the salt; you've been a medic like 3 minutes.

For longevity and sanity, just realize you are (in fact) an ambulance driver and your job is to drive people to the hospital. Some patients will be more acute than others but your job is simply to sort them out and transport appropriately.

It will take you approximately 3-5 years of doing this full-time to BEGIN developing any sort of informed intuition regarding pt acuity. In the meantime, follow your protocols, listen to your pts and simply make it your goal to be a safe medic.

It's the drunk that you transport every other day that will end your career when he has an actual cardiac event and you blow it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In other news, Younger season in here [emoji482]
932db97d0c1b895abe0c5de1a3d88043.jpg

I don't want to come off like a d!ck, but (for your sake) you may want to slow down on the salt; you've been a medic like 3 minutes.

For longevity and sanity, just realize you are (in fact) an ambulance driver and your job is to drive people to the hospital. Some patients will be more acute than others but your job is simply to sort them out and transport appropriately.

It will take you approximately 3-5 years of doing this full-time to BEGIN developing any sort of informed intuition regarding pt acuity. In the meantime, follow your protocols, listen to your pts and simply make it your goal to be a safe medic.

It's the drunk that you transport every other day that will end your career when he has an actual cardiac event and you blow it off.

1 am fueled annoyance, but your point is noted all the same from here.

e8619048b4970bf4a9d232f8174f599e.jpg

More like this child. Only half joking lol.

84 degrees for the high today and I'm watching a blizzard hit the north east.

Attachments

• attempt2photo.jpg
    attempt2photo.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 208
84 degrees for the high today and I'm watching a blizzard hit the north east.
yea. Thats great... just great.. about 10 inches so far, another 6 to come apparently... so much for 5-8 total..

It seems like we almost need a thread for "is two people on the ambulance adequate"?

Lol....

well, two people for the ambulance, 3 firefighters, and a cop to stand around and taze a combative patient

I feel as if somebody should walk around on scene with a giant hat that says HMFIC, anything involved goes through him/her.

I feel as if somebody should walk around on scene with a giant hat that says HMFIC, anything involved goes through him/her.

I just look to see who has firearms. I usually defer to them. ;)

I just look to see who has firearms. I usually defer to them. ;)
People seem to be thinking they're villains at the moment

Hmmm this 78 degree weather is quite agreeable. I like it lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Missouri is being indecisive as always. 65->snow->30's x2-> back up soon to 65

2fb6f2a1f072fbc716d6094a4db28675.jpg

I needs it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Back