the 100% directionless thread

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
For when you're home a shotgun would work well also. Point in the direction you want to shoot and more likely to hit the target when you're nervous and have the adrenaline flowing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
For when you're home a shotgun would work well also. Point in the direction you want to shoot and more likely to hit the target when you're nervous and have the adrenaline flowing.
You still have to aim with a shotgun. At the distances for home defence you are not going to get much spread with the shot.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
Ok, so my computer has been "100% complete with windows updates" for the past 3 hours. I tried restarting and it just goes back to the windows update screen every time. Advice?

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
In any case, it can't hurt to look at and try guns and get some training and practice. I don't have to decide anything immediately.

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Ok, so my computer has been "100% complete with windows updates" for the past 3 hours. I tried restarting and it just goes back to the windows update screen every time. Advice?

Hold the power button down until it goes off. Leave it off for a couple of minutes. Turn it back on and it should be ok.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

I agree, a 12g is a fantastic home defense weapon. It's my go to weapon. 3" buckshot rounds.. Much easier to shoot under frightening conditions than my 45 ACP or the .223..

And I can tell you , there's nothing like the "cha-chick" sound of a racking shotgun slide.. I like the 870 Winchester pump model.. easy to handle and load, decent price when they're used, it's just a darn good gun to keep in the house.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Just out of curiosity, have you ever fired a shotgun before?
Yes. I do realize that what I said wasn't the most appropriate instruction. But the basic fundamentals apply. A shotgun has much more leeway with aiming then a handgun would at a short distance such as in a home.

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
So im sitting at my kitchen counter at 2:30 at night, staring at this POS with a powerpoint saved on it that im supposed to finish and present in about 5 hours...

image.jpg

Anjel

Forum Angel
6ed0074e4f7462ca8ca23bc3db9c3974.jpg

I have a S&W MP shield. 9mm. Easy to handle and carry. Runs about 400 bucks.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
6+1 in the chamber? I hope she's a hella of a shot.

She is actually. Puts some of the guys I shoot with to shame, especially shooting her gun. It might be 7 or 8+1, I can't remember as she doesn't let me load it for her but 6+1 sounds right just thinking about the size of the handle.

There aren't a lot of options in guns that small as far as capacity. You end up trading concealability (is that a word?) for capacity. She also carries an extra mag if not two and does reload drills every time we go shooting. She works PRN medical at the jail so she's very proactive about being able to protect herself. Only thing she needs to get better at, and she's working on it, is maintaining good SA when out and about. Other thing she has going for her is she's a very calm and collected person even in stressful situations. Granted never been in a life or death situation but before we were dating when she used to work ems I rolled on a 10-78 alarm from her unit. Showed up and her partner was losing their **** as she's just chillin, cool as a cucumber, after homeboy pulled a knife in the back of the unit.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
@ViolynEMT

A .38 snub nose is a great option like others have said as they're easy to operate, shoot, conceal and ammo is readily available and not all that expensive.

My girl chose the Glock for the trigger safety, amongst other reasons. No fiddling with a safety switch in a high-stress situation, just point it and pull the trigger. Some hate on the Glock safety mechanism, I carry with one in the tube every day and have never felt uncomfortable with the weapon. As log as you have good trigger discipline and are careful about clothing when holstering the gun it's just as safe as any other safety mechanism.

Chewy20

Forum Deputy Chief
She is actually. Puts some of the guys I shoot with to shame, especially shooting her gun. It might be 7 or 8+1, I can't remember as she doesn't let me load it for her but 6+1 sounds right just thinking about the size of the handle.

There aren't a lot of options in guns that small as far as capacity. You end up trading concealability (is that a word?) for capacity. She also carries an extra mag if not two and does reload drills every time we go shooting. She works PRN medical at the jail so she's very proactive about being able to protect herself. Only thing she needs to get better at, and she's working on it, is maintaining good SA when out and about. Other thing she has going for her is she's a very calm and collected person even in stressful situations. Granted never been in a life or death situation but before we were dating when she used to work ems I rolled on a 10-78 alarm from her unit. Showed up and her partner was losing their **** as she's just chillin, cool as a cucumber, after homeboy pulled a knife in the back of the unit.

My daily carry is 16+1 at 9mm and very comfortable. The XD9 is a perfect fit for someone looking for capacity and being able to conceal. 7inches long, 5.5 inches high, 1.2inches wide. Keeps me from having to carry another mag on me.