the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Not bad, but you need to work on your trigger technique. Make sure your placing your finger so that it's pulling straight back (not at an angle), and that you're squeezing and not jerking the trigger. And work on not anticipating the recoil.

Yea I was shaking so bad. The recoil was what I was most scared of. And I had a hard time getting my sights lined up because my hands were shaking lol

I shot a M&P shield. I really liked it though. This could be a fun new hobby.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Yea I was shaking so bad. The recoil was what I was most scared of. And I had a hard time getting my sights lined up because my hands were shaking lol

I shot a M&P shield. I really liked it though. This could be a fun new hobby.
I love the full size M&P, but I despise the feel of the Shield [emoji37]

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I have a new partner. Today is a good day.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
View attachment 1584

Not horrible for my very first time. I was shaking like a leaf lol
Not too shabby for your first time out, and at 10 yards. Just be firm with it, apply slow & steady increasing rearward pressure to the trigger and just let the gun do it's thing. Recover to the same point of aim after the shot. Unless the gun definitely rattles when you shake it, at 10 yards, it should be able to put all rounds inside the 10 ring (or better).

Acquire a good, stable sight alignment and then a good sight picture. Aside from pushing the trigger a little with your finger, you're certainly on the right track!

Emergency Metaphysics

Forum Lieutenant
8% of people who have a heart attack outside of the hospital survive?

Yeah, I tried not to pay attention to their stats, because, I think they just pulled them out of the air, but I was more interested in this cool idea of ambulance drones sitting on cell phone towers air dropping AEDs all up in the hood.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
10 mile run in the middle of a downpour... It was a blast, but now I can't feel my fingers... [emoji21][emoji1]

Last edited:

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, I tried not to pay attention to their stats, because, I think they just pulled them out of the air, but I was more interested in this cool idea of ambulance drones sitting on cell phone towers air dropping AEDs all up in the hood.

I can actually see this working in city ran agencies. Launch them out from fire stations while the crew is responding.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Your idea of fun?

He's a weirdo like that.

In other news...I HATE SNFs...the practices and care are atrocious but it doesn't matter if we report it, they somehow find a loophole.

Talk about being put in-between a rock and a hard place...DNR patient who's decompensating, acute onset heart failure causing fulminating pulmonary edema with a side of UTI and pneumonia but no valid DNR or POLST that I can honor anywhere to be found. Had to bag-assit him for 25 damn minutes going code to the ER so he didn't code in my rig with all the ventricular ectopy he was throwing on top of his new onset AF, which happened to be with RVR.

And then I get dinged for not drilling an IO because I decided I wasn't going to inflict something like that on a man who wanted to die without being pumped full of drugs, tubes jammed everywhere and on a ventilator. "He needed access. Also, why did you spend 20 minutes on scene and then transport emergent? Because I was trying to be a patient advocate and talk to the proper people to find out exactly what he wanted that's freaking why!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well damn, this morning we switched out of the old reserve ambulance into the new front line ambulance, fresh from the shop...until the alternater damn near caught fire and was smoking like crazy

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Trying to get high on salbutamol was not a very good idea now was it Mr patient?

vcuemt

Ambulance Driver
What they meant(?) to say was that only 8% of folks who go into cardiac arrest outside of the hospital survive. That's an AHA statistic.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My lady who went into cardiac arrest on me a couple weeks ago was discharged 3 days later. :D

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Well that's a hell of a way to wake up, not to the station tones but to the captain using the overhead page to say we had a call (after the dispatch center had to telephone the station)....apparently we didn't go enroute until 7 minutes after the initial dispatch O.O

Fortunately for us, we were Available In Quarters in the system, the dispatcher wrote in the call log on the CAD that something didn't que up properly and they tried manually toning out the station twice before calling so we didn't do anything wrong, it's just the method of waking up with the "oh shoot, we're late to a call!!" Isn't good for ones stress levels at 0545 lol

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
10 mile run in the middle of a downpour... It was a blast, but now I can't feel my fingers... [emoji21][emoji1]
Try taking pics at high school football game with temp. sub-40s, winds blowing constantly at 10 and gusting at 30, with a slight rain. You know, not enough to make you go inside and call it a day, but enough for you to be miserably uncomfortable for the whole game. And I didn't know it was going to rain, so I had brought a fleece jacket...by the time the fourth quarter rolled around, my fingers couldn't move sufficiently to type out the tweet...therefore, no one got any more updates on the game (we lost anyways).