the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
What do y'all think about badges? My old IFT only company wore them. But my new 911 company doesn't. Personally that just seems a little backwards to me but oh well, such is life lol

While I'm not a fan of badges :):eek:bligatory Treasure of the Sierra Madre quote here::), it doesn't make a difference from a professionalism standpoint.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Do it. Finish them, ffemt!

User-Admin-Mod.gif

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Do it. Finish them, ffemt!

User-Admin-Mod.gif

I'm toying with the idea of changing their password to one of these:

"Iwillnotannoyffemt"
"ffemtisthegreatest"
"pleasedontbanmeffemt"

:rofl:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Holy cardiac arrest batman. Gave calcium chloride and sodium bicarb for the first time in my career. Pain in the butt calling for orders on three separate occasions though.

So a couple days ago, after transporting our patient in cardiac arrest, her husband and grandson drive over to the hospital behind the ambulance. We found out a short time later that their house was broken into and all of their valuables were stolen. Another day at work in the ghetto.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
So a couple days ago, after transporting our patient in cardiac arrest, her husband and grandson drive over to the hospital behind the ambulance. We found out a short time later that their house was broken into and all of their valuables were stolen. Another day at work in the ghetto.

Victorville or San Bern-it-down?

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I've seen more than a few local LA Co dialysis companies wear t-shirts for their uniforms.

What do y'all think about badges? My old IFT only company wore them. But my new 911 company doesn't. Personally that just seems a little backwards to me but oh well, such is life lol
While at work I wear a badge. Doesn't make one whit of a difference about professionalism. It does, however, make me look exactly like a cop. None of the EMS companies I've ever worked for had a badge as part of the uniform. Actually, let me rephrase that: none of the EMS companies I've worked for have had a metal badge as part of the uniform. A couple did require those plastic badges though...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I wear a metal bad. 911 wears badge here too, but not sure if metal or plastic. I think it's metal, but it does look kinda fake, lol.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Holy cardiac arrest batman. Gave calcium chloride and sodium bicarb for the first time in my career. Pain in the butt calling for orders on three separate occasions though.

First time? What are the indications, per your protocols?

When I was a young pup paramedic, those were pretty far down the algorithm (barring a clear indication such as a suspected OD), but we'd still give them pretty routinely because we worked codes forever and transported pretty much everybody.

Epi/Atropine/Lido-Epi/Atropine/Lido-Epi/Atropine/Procainamide-Epi-Procainamide-Epi-Bretylium-Epi-Bretylium-Epi-Magnesium-Epi-Calcium-Epi-Bicarb.....

We also used paddles. Patches were just starting to become commonplace, but they were for sissy girl nurses who weren't trying to look as much as possible like Johnny & Roy.

Anjel

Forum Angel
We only use calcium for known dialysis patients.

And bicarb for extended down times.

Epi/ Ami/ Epi/ Ami/ epi/ bicarb/ Epi/ mag/ Epi/ Epi/ Epi until we get to the ER. But usually we only get to the second AMI maybe

That's for Vfib: vtach of course.

Asystole usually is worked on scene and usually called

I wear a metal bad. 911 wears badge here too, but not sure if metal or plastic. I think it's metal, but it does look kinda fake, lol.

I wear a metal badge too, but then again my company runs both 911 and IFT.

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
Like American Professionals? Their uniform look somewhat like FFs , imagine if a dialysis co. IFT came in with turnout gear.

Like American Professionals? Their uniform look somewhat like FFs , imagine if a dialysis co. IFT came in with turnout gear.

I've actually seen an EMT in LA wear his fire academy turn out pants on a dialysis call. I think it was First Med.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
I've actually seen an EMT in LA wear his fire academy turn out pants on a dialysis call. I think it was First Med.

That so deserves to become a meme.