the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Flyers and Penguins game followed by the Blues and Avs game? I think I've died and gone to hockey heaven.

Sharks put on a show the other night too.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Flyers and Penguins game followed by the Blues and Avs game? I think I've died and gone to hockey heaven.

Sharks put on a show the other night too.

One more thing regarding your truck, (your may already be aware)
The tow hooks on the front if your truck are not for pulling people out, they're for pulling you out. You only have one gear in reverse, and it's not meant for pulling people out.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
One more thing regarding your truck, (your may already be aware)
The tow hooks on the front if your truck are not for pulling people out, they're for pulling you out. You only have one gear in reverse, and it's not meant for pulling people out.

Definitely would rather not have to rebuild my transmission. Any pulling will be and has always been done pointed in the right direction.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Just saw a business card from my company in the 1980s. The number that citizens would call for an emergency is now our dispatch number for crews to call. It's weird lol

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just saw a business card from my company in the 1980s. The number that citizens would call for an emergency is now our dispatch number for crews to call. It's weird lol

I still laugh that the company I used to work for somehow snagged 1-800-fire-amb for one of their lines, despite only doing IFTs. However I've never seen them advertise the number in that fashion.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I still laugh that the company I used to work for somehow snagged 1-800-fire-amb for one of their lines, despite only doing IFTs. However I've never seen them advertise the number in that fashion.

I will admit that is pretty cool haha

JPINFV

Gadfly
So... apparently according to my sister (who has defriended me over this... not much of a loss) thinks that pregnant women can't shoot people, therefore the police shouldn't use targets of pregnant women pointing a gun at them for target practice. Only evil men can kill.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
At least now you can tell your mother you tried. Anyone can be a threat, so police train under that assumption. I don't see what the big deal is.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Fever's been broken from 24 hours now. Back to work tomorrow. Still got a ton of congestion in my chest though.

Chris07

Competent in Incompetence
Fever's been broken from 24 hours now. Back to work tomorrow. Still got a ton of congestion in my chest though.
Keep fed and WELL hydrated. A normal day of work after being out of commission is always twice as hard since you're not 100%. Might as well not make it worse with being dehydrated and the like. :p

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
Meh, I just give a single tablet and move on to the paste or IV drip anyhow.

Ah yes I see that many services in USA have IV GTN

I do not know whether to be jealous or not, we have no plans to introduce it as it is said to be no more effective than regular sub lingual GTN and must be given as a carefully titrated infusion in a vunerable glass bottle via a very expensive pump.

MrJones

Iconoclast
At least now you can tell your mother you tried. Anyone can be a threat, so police train under that assumption. I don't see what the big deal is.

Since "anyone can be a threat", can we assume that you would have no problem with a company selling targets depicting police, fire and ems personnel so that people can train under that assumption?

Or, to put it another way, you will "see what the big deal is" the first time someone wins a wrongful death lawsuit by establishing that the police officer who shot and killed someone's pregnant wife, dear old grandpa, or the cute kid next door actually trained to do so by using targets depicting old people, pregnant women or children (just some of the targets available from the company in question).

Medic Tim

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Ah yes I see that many services in USA have IV GTN

I do not know whether to be jealous or not, we have no plans to introduce it as it is said to be no more effective than regular sub lingual GTN and must be given as a carefully titrated infusion in a vunerable glass bottle via a very expensive pump.

Not in the USA but this is what I have

image_zpse57b66a6.jpg

image_zps2a706c4c.jpg

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Since "anyone can be a threat", can we assume that you would have no problem with a company selling targets depicting police, fire and ems personnel so that people can train under that assumption?

Or, to put it another way, you will "see what the big deal is" the first time someone wins a wrongful death lawsuit by establishing that the police officer who shot and killed someone's pregnant wife, dear old grandpa, or the cute kid next door actually trained to do so by using targets depicting old people, pregnant women or children (just some of the targets available from the company in question).

Nope. I'm pretty sure there is a company somewhere that already sells those.

And no I won't see what the big deal is when/if someone wins a wrongful death lawsuits.

Just because you use a specific target to train with doesnt mean that you now have a bias for that selected target.

I mostly use zombie targets. Yet I don't do around shooting every zombie I see, just the bad ones :rofl:

There shouldn't be an issue with having police train with all sorts of scenarios. Could a pregnant wife become an active shooter? Dear old grandpa? Cute little kid next door? The answer to all the above is yes it is possible.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
So after conducting interviews the last three days, my brain was done. Wore out. I got home around 7p, decided to power nap for 30 minutes but woke up around 2a. Oh well. Rolled over and slept till 6a.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Why carefully titrate a drug when you can dump 20x the starting dose under their tongue that you can't get back, right?

If I never had to use SL NTG again it really wouldn't bother me. IV NTG is infinitely more controllable, and if I have a B/P issue I turn it down or off, and the effects go away with in a couple of minutes.

Veneficus

Forum Chief
Nothing has to be given via a very expensive pump.

That is just outstanding marketing by device manufacturers.