the 100% directionless thread

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Want some medical advice?
If so I can't give you any or I'll get a message from a CL offering me a free vacation. I wonder if it would be all inclusive though. :unsure:

I couldn't become a CL because I would be handing out vacations to everyone like it was crack haha

Just had a call way out in the desert, 30 mile response to a 1 year old full arrest, no airships available, got pulses on the way to the hospital though.

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a sore throat, I hate having sore throats.

At the risk of a vacation; sore throat lozenges always work for me when i have one, basically a benzocaine infused candy. o.o

The above statement is based purely on personal experience and not intended to taken as professional medical advice. Please consult a doctor before using any medication.​

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Conests!

o.o So... how about a new contest? I need some more stickers...

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I got absolutely throttled at work today. I guess it was Robb-doesn't-have-a-fever-anymore-so-lets-run-him-and-his-partner-into-the-ground day.

I'm in an IV slump too. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn...this needs to change. Quickly. Although, in all fairness, every patient I've had over the last two weeks at work has been a real difficult stick. Still not an excuse.

Just had a call way out in the desert, 30 mile response to a 1 year old full arrest, no airships available, got pulses on the way to the hospital though.

I'm sorry you had to see that bud. If you need anyone to talk to about it don't hesitate to drop me a line. Been through way too many pediatric arrests in my short career as a medic. Congrats on getting pulses back, kids are resilient, hopefully the little one will pull through.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
I am disappointed to learn that the new medical world I thought I invented while speaking about a patient the other day (primigravida) is already a word.

Boo!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Can't wait until this A&P test is over 2 weeks from today. My brain hurts from trying to remember all the different bones in the body and all the processes, foramen, fossas, and notches. Plus next week we are covering all the muscles in the body :blink:

Good thing is that so far I have a 95% in the class with no curved grading (professor doesn't believe in that). I honestly haven't studied outside of class for more then 30 minutes a week. I should probably do that more often :mellow:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Can't wait until this A&P test is over 2 weeks from today. My brain hurts from trying to remember all the different bones in the body and all the processes, foramen, fossas, and notches. Plus next week we are covering all the muscles in the body :blink:

Good thing is that so far I have a 95% in the class with no curved grading (professor doesn't believe in that). I honestly haven't studied outside of class for more then 30 minutes a week. I should probably do that more often :mellow:

just remember the funny bone... isn't very funny...

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
You have my admiration, anatomy is not my strong point, except when it comes to cardiac and respiratory anatomy, and a little renal, then I am good but other than that, I am no good at bones and muscles and such

Clare

Forum Asst. Chief
just remember the funny bone... isn't very funny...

OMG I remember this one lady who whacked her funny bone on the kitchen countertop so hard she went unconscious and had a transient period of apnoea
and the husband saying he did CPR on her.

I am not sure she was actually apnoeic or in cardiac arrest or nothing but wow, thats crazy!

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally got my set date on when I'll be moving up to a 911 shift. The 10th. And who's shift am I taking over? None other than the world famous firefite's!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Got dinged on my home medication test for putting beta 2 agonist for albuterol and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for fluoxetine. :( The answer was bronchodilator and antidepressant.

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Our dog is deeply in love with our youngest baby...

10A6CF4E-4FEC-4D27-8344-367DDFAEB762-2213-000002DB9D6A0D55.jpg

486183_4467864852691_945115694_n_zps36ff0af3.jpg

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Got dinged on my home medication test for putting beta 2 agonist for albuterol and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor for fluoxetine. :( The answer was bronchodilator and antidepressant.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Sounds like a great class. Do they refer to ETI as "putting a breathing tube in the windpipe"?