the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
May 2013 too. Political Science major, not a lot of overlap. However I have learned quite a bit about policy making and the like which I think has greatly contributed to how I look at EMS and how I am able to discuss. My "concentration" is on local government so it's all tied in.

In other news today is my 21st birthday!

Happy birthday! Don't end up in the ER or jail but short of that go crazy :)

bigbaldguy

The biggest suck about divorce is the times that you miss ordinary.

:/ yeah I've never been married but it blows my mind how fast this last woman I dated kind of pulled me into a completely new normal and now my old life feels weird. I want the new normal back, old normal sucks :(

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Happy birthday! Don't end up in the ER or jail but short of that go crazy :)

My favorite campus safety officer says that he is going to reserve a room in campus health for me, must prove him wrong!:rofl:

Epi-do

I see dead people
I most likely only have a job for aprox 1 more week... I haven't found anything new yet... My husband is still not working due to his broken leg that isn't healing after 6 months... We keep slipping behind a little bit more every day... It doesn't seem like things can get too much worse... And I have decided that since there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it, I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!

Ok, maybe not the most responsible or adult response to everything, but it is working for me today.

bigbaldguy

I most likely only have a job for aprox 1 more week... I haven't found anything new yet... My husband is still not working due to his broken leg that isn't healing after 6 months... We keep slipping behind a little bit more every day... It doesn't seem like things can get too much worse... And I have decided that since there isn't a whole lot that I can do about it, I JUST DON'T CARE ANYMORE!

Ok, maybe not the most responsible or adult response to everything, but it is working for me today.

Sometimes we just have to do the childish thing. Think of it as strategic regression. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm sending you and your hubby a big mental hug.....well maybe not your hubby but I'll send you one.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Who says grandma can't hold her narcotics? 300 mcg of fentanyl and still sharp as a tack.

Maybe the fractured femoral neck had something to do with that though?

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
State fair is done. My sister sold her steer at the cattle auction and got the highest profit per pound of any stock animal at the entire fair. I am so proud of her. Such a little showman!

bigbaldguy

State fair is done. My sister sold her steer at the cattle auction and got the highest profit per pound of any stock animal at the entire fair. I am so proud of her. Such a little showman!

Show woman?

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Who says grandma can't hold her narcotics? 300 mcg of fentanyl and still sharp as a tack.

Maybe the fractured femoral neck had something to do with that though?

150+ and i start getting wonky as hell on that stuff.

In better news, i was fighting my friend and he picked up a glass bottle, and subsequently I punched right through it.

:censored::censored::censored::censored: man. My hand is still bleeding :[

Anjel

Forum Angel

In better news, i was fighting my friend and he picked up a glass bottle, and subsequently I punched right through it.

Dude... Time to grow up. You wanna be in this line of work. Act like an adult. Not some kid who fights, sleeps around, bleeds and brags.

bigbaldguy

Dude... Time to grow up. You wanna be in this line of work. Act like an adult. Not some kid who fights, sleeps around, bleeds and brags.

Yeah stop acting like a man ;)

JPINFV

Gadfly

366zyp.jpg

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
May 2013 too. Political Science major, not a lot of overlap. However I have learned quite a bit about policy making and the like which I think has greatly contributed to how I look at EMS and how I am able to discuss. My "concentration" is on local government so it's all tied in.

True that. Very much tied in! My only pre-med overlap is calculus and statistics, that's it.

Whooo! Have fun (and be safe)!

Last edited by a moderator:

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

Happy birthday!

And that's sweet! I did it the other way around. Finished my BA in Poli Sci, and then decided to wanted to do paramedic. ;)

bigbaldguy

Whatever..... :-S

In other news, I and my team are the E. Washington tug of war champions. I was thrilled....why? The prize was $20 each. We cleaned the ice cream stand out of espresso ice cream.

Really? More bragging. You youngsters and your normal levels of testosterone. :rofl:

bigbaldguy

I give you the inside of BBG's head. Just as empty as everyone expected I suspect.

So glad my BBG is ok.

But your C1 in the first X-ray looks really funny. Like a snork. Haha

Oh wow it does totally look like a Snork. That's awesome.

"Mr. BBG we have good news and bad news. The good news is we figured out why you've been having the neck and back pain. The bad news is your spine is completely made out of Snorks. I'm sorry Snork sarcoma is incredibly aggressive and frankly Chemo isn't an option. Go home and spend what time you have left with your family Mr. BBG."

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
True that. Very much tied in! My only pre-med overlap is calculus and statistics, that's it.

Whooo! Have fun (and be safe)!

All is well, my friends ended up far more intoxicated than me, which in itself is a lovely present!