the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Time to add you on Facebook then! Let's be friends. :p

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Finally, 10 more days until the Dirty Dash...not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited. Plus, I should be picking my car up from the collision repair shop this weekend. :ph34r:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
EMTLIFE patch

New contest is up in the contest thread. Check it out. Prize is one of our new EMTLIFE patches.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Done studying. Test in the morning. Hope forfeiting all of my recent adventures will pay off. :ph34r:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
NREMT-P practicals passed! Written tomorrow. Only had to retest one station, peds airway for a stupid mistake.

In other news I found out my agency is doing a UMBC CCEMT-P class in the fall sometime. I'm hoping I can get into it but I feel like I should have more experience under my belt before that and I have to focus on passing my NREMT and FTO time first.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Excellent NVrob!

JPINFV

Gadfly
Just got my USMLE score back... 214. Just another score that falls into the "neither really helps nor hurts" section for EM. :-(

armywifeemt

Forum Lieutenant
Transferred someone I knew to hospice a couple days ago.. Tossed and turned all night the last couple of nights. Just feeling kinda crappy about it.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
NREMT-P practicals passed! Written tomorrow. Only had to retest one station, peds airway for a stupid mistake.

In other news I found out my agency is doing a UMBC CCEMT-P class in the fall sometime. I'm hoping I can get into it but I feel like I should have more experience under my belt before that and I have to focus on passing my NREMT and FTO time first.

Congrats, bro!

Anjel

Forum Angel

So proud of you!

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant

Nice going!

bigbaldguy

You sir are now truly Da man. I mean I know I said it before but I was just being nice, this time I really mean it. Nice work. Now that you're done with all that medic class mojo how bout sending it my way :)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Just got my USMLE score back... 214. Just another score that falls into the "neither really helps nor hurts" section for EM. :-(

It's plenty high to match, though, no? I looked at a couple datasets and it seems like it's pretty darn good!

JPINFV

Gadfly
It's plenty high to match, though, no? I looked at a couple datasets and it seems like it's pretty darn good!

Let's just say that my med school academic history isn't the best. I know the average is in the low 220s, so I'm about a half a SD below that (average for my USMLE date is 224, SD of 22).

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Doesn't anyone have anything to add to the eyelid trick. Is it a myth? I'll quote myself from earlier.
Doesn't the Trigeminal (V) cranial nerve affect the sensory of the eyelid, and the Glossopharyngeal (IX) and Vagus (X) cranial nerve affect the gag reflex?

bigbaldguy

I'm bored somebody say something funny.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Doesn't anyone have anything to add to the eyelid trick. Is it a myth? I'll quote myself from earlier.

In my experience it doesn't work.

Put the OPA in their mouth, they will tell you if they have a gag or not. If you aren't comfortable doing that use a suction catheter so it's right there if they vomit lol.