the 100% directionless thread

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Positive thought Rob, positive thoughts!

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Anjel, thats not cool! We are all behind you. Thoughts and prayers for the pup!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Not a chance in hell I passed that. When 90% of the questions make you go :blink: that can't be a good sign.
You know your :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I am sure you did just fine. Everyone thinks they failed it. I don't know one person who took the registry, and was like "Oh yea. I nailed it"

:( We'll all be pulling for him.

Anjel, thats not cool! We are all behind you. Thoughts and prayers for the pup!

Thanks guys. $100, activated charcoal, and subcutaneous fluids later he is home and seeming to do ok. They did try to induce vomiting but no pills came up.

He ate around 20 10mg tablets. So We are mainly worried about his kidneys at the moment. I take him back tomorrow to get his createnine and BUN levels checked.

They charge 20 dollars just to check a BP. I wish I had a cuff small enough lol

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I call bs Rob.

Any updates, Anjel? Your pup doing okay? :sad:

Edit: Nevermind... Well hopefully there's no lasting issues; glad he's doing okay :D

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
You know your :censored::censored::censored::censored:. I am sure you did just fine. Everyone thinks they failed it. I don't know one person who took the registry, and was like "Oh yea. I nailed it"

Thanks guys. $100, activated charcoal, and subcutaneous fluids later he is home and seeming to do ok. They did try to induce vomiting but no pills came up.

He ate around 20 10mg tablets. So We are mainly worried about his kidneys at the moment. I take him back tomorrow to get his createnine and BUN levels checked.

They charge 20 dollars just to check a BP. I wish I had a cuff small enough lol

ACE inhibitors have mild to moderate toxicity in dogs according to this site http://www.petpoisonhelpline.com/poison/ace-inhibitors/

Thanks for the update. Poor little guy and after all the mental trauma from the photo last night :)

Epi-do

I see dead people
Anjel, glad to hear your pup is doing well. I hope the labs tomorrow come back ok.

Congrats, lights! Now you can take that little bit of knowledge and begin figuring out how to be all paramedical and stuff.

Rob, think positive thoughts! You rocked everything else, so I am sure you did fine.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342147729.475977.jpg

Representin' EMTLife up here in Canada, courtesy of BBG and the contest forum! Thanks!

Now let's hope it stands up to the rain we've been having. :blink:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I just caved in and got an IPad. It's not the newest one out, because I wanted to save some money, but I am already liking it :)

bigbaldguy

bigbaldguy

I just caved in and got an IPad. It's not the newest one out, because I wanted to save some money, but I am already liking it :)

I've had the one and the two. There really isn't anything on the two that I use enough to justify the upgrade.

If you like online shooters get Nova3 it's a very good Halo3 clone.

heatherabel3

Forum Lieutenant
I'm a tad late on this, been busy with class, but they are having is do a sternal rub or put pressure behind the ear to check for gag reflex. I guess the theory is if they react to painful stimuli they have an intact reflex.

Also, I hope all goes well at your pups follow up, Angel.

SSwain

Forum Captain
Turned 42 today...
Start my part time EMT-B job tomorrow morning...

I guess this could be considered my "mid life crisis". Although, it's not much of a crisis.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Turned 42 today...

I guess this could be considered my "mid life crisis". Although, it's not much of a crisis.

I did the same thing. Took my National Registry for Paramedic on my 40th birthday.

bigbaldguy

Turned 42 today...

I did the same thing. Took my National Registry for Paramedic on my 40th birthday.

Wow thanks. I don't feel so out of place then. I'll be finishing up school at 38. I'm glad it can be done.

DeepFreeze

Forum Lieutenant
Wow thanks. I don't feel so out of place then. I'll be finishing up school at 38. I'm glad it can be done.

They say the average adult will have 3 careers by the time of retirement. EMS certainly isn't a bad one to get into.

bigbaldguy

They say the average adult will have 3 careers by the time of retirement. EMS certainly isn't a bad one to get into.

I'm hoping I can get away with just the one career but if I finish my medic it will certainly be a good fall back plan. :)

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
Oh man dont say that. That means i have 2 more careers to go before i can retire! I already have my donkey and hat pickedx out.

You will find me in the hills with a can of beans, my dog and gold pan for retirement

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Oh Friday the 13th....my patients are having a V Tach party. Now if we can get some Torsades going that would be some real fun.