the 100% directionless thread

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
What is his avatar? Would it be Hugh Laurie?

No, he'd have a picture of me.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
22,722 hits too.

Can we take out ad space on this thread, and sublet it?

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
I must have sucker stamped on my forehead or something. found a cat along a country road and it looks pretty banged up. Big gash on head, nice road rash above left eye and a possible broken pelvis. found it less than twelve hours ago and already have a name for it and plans to keep him if we can't find a original owner. well, I should say that my class helped in naming him. they named him Christmas. :rolleyes:

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
And that is why we recommend microchipping dogs, cats, and birds, even if they're just 'indoor' pets, because they can escape. I've been told that an estimated 33% of all pets get lost at some point in their lives. 90% of unmicrochipped pets are never found.

Last edited by a moderator:

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
And that is why we recommend microchipping dogs, cats, and birds, even if they're just 'indoor' pets, because they can escape. I've been told that an estimated 33% of all pets get lost at some point in their lives. 90% of unmicrochipped pets are never found.

How many of the microchipped pets get found and returned? Only 1 of our pets is microchipped.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Animal control, animal shelters, and vet offices have universal scanners. The standard procedure in any place I've visited or worked at is to scan any stray that is brought in, or new patients to look for a chip. If a chip is found, and the owner had registered the chip, it is a simple matter of calling a toll-free number to get the owner's contact information.

I'm afraid I don't have stats for returned pets with microchips, but I have seen many happy reunions from a "stray" or a pet that was found hit by car that was chipped. I've only seen one non-chipped pet get reunited with his family.

Of course if the owner doesn't register the chip and keep their file updated, the chip is almost as useless as no chip at all.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
HOw many "lost" pets are "rescued" or stolen?

And, I have thought it would be funny to scan dead predators and any scat they leave around for the chips. Well, not that funny, I guess. We had a cat who wold go to the park across the street and visit people. She disappeared twice for a week each and retuned with traces of a cheap collar around her neck.

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief

I like the idea of micro chipping, most of our cats were dumped at the end of our drive way. And it is not uncommon to have animals dumped out in the country come fall/winter time. Gets me on the soapbox everytime.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
And, I have thought it would be funny to scan dead predators and any scat they leave around for the chips. Well, not that funny, I guess.

You're a sick :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:. I'm proud to call you my friend.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Left the hospitals O2 on for a second while switching over the patients neb. Nurse comes in and sees it on and not connected, at which point she says "O2 doesn't grow on trees you know!" At which point I proceeded to give the nurse a lesson in photosynthesis.... :rofl:

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Left the hospitals O2 on for a second while switching over the patients neb. Nurse comes in and sees it on and not connected, at which point she says "O2 doesn't grow on trees you know!" At which point I proceeded to give the nurse a lesson in photosynthesis.... :rofl:

That, ladies and gentleman, that's funny.

Are y'all seeing an increase in hospital cost-cutting to the point of insanity? We've got one facility that wants us to roll the patient off the draw sheet after we move them to our cot.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

That's awesome

Sasha

Forum Chief
That, ladies and gentleman, that's funny.

Are y'all seeing an increase in hospital cost-cutting to the point of insanity? We've got one facility that wants us to roll the patient off the draw sheet after we move them to our cot.

We will literally be fired for taking linens from certain hospitals. It's insane.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Anjel

Forum Angel
One hospital we go to on the second floor doesnt let us take their sheets.

The other floors are just like hurry and get them out of here.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We will literally be fired for taking linens from certain hospitals. It's insane.

We have contracts with the hospitals in our response area (3 hospitals) to use their sheets. When we go to any of the other 15 hospitals in our county they accuse us of stealing their sheets because we normally have 4 extra on the back of the gurney.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
It wouldn't piss me off so bad if the sheets they got a case of the redass over more often than not didn't have a different hospital systems logo on them.

I LOVE for profit hospital chains.

truetiger

Forum Asst. Chief
We have our own sheets...however if we use it as a draw sheet and it stays under the patient, I take one of theirs.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Today I have used a KED, a blackboard, and a traction splint. Yeah buddy.