the 100% directionless thread

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
My new favorite post spot in palm springs.

To the north:
a6cd0e83-e074-d457.jpg

To the east:
a6cd0e83-e09e-d40a.jpg

South east:
a6cd0e83-e0c7-5f2d.jpg

South:
a6cd0e83-e0ee-188b.jpg

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.810589,-116.550695

JPINFV

Gadfly
Purdy.... and I love pictures of storm like weather in So. Cal.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
So now your boss knows where you coop up?

Yeah, and the desert smells so cool after it rains.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Is it odd that I'm having an enjoyable evening sitting in bed next to Kat (who is sound asleep) looking at spec sheets for various permutations of polycarbonate trying to figure out which one to choose as the material for the windows in the aircraft I'm designing?

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
at 00:30hrs? Naw, basic old married couple routine.

Make those windows at least six inches thick to deflect birds, terrorists, and Texas fashion models.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Is it odd that I'm having an enjoyable evening sitting in bed next to Kat (who is sound asleep) looking at spec sheets for various permutations of polycarbonate trying to figure out which one to choose as the material for the windows in the aircraft I'm designing?

Not at all. *serious face*

Last edited by a moderator:

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Make those windows at least six inches thick to deflect birds, terrorists, and Texas fashion models.

I'm not so worried about terrorists since it's a small (relatively speaking) aircraft. The 3/4" polycarbonate canopy of the F-22 can stop a 4 lb bird at 350 kts relative velocity. Ours will probably be a thicker than that since we're going to be flying a lot lower and therefore likely to encounter bigger birds.

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
Right, hoping for a quieter night than last night. In the first 7 hours of my 14 hour shift I had run 12 calls. Grandma with ventricular standstill, young guy unconscious post assault, another one allegedly fallen from 4th story window (but probably just assaulted as well) infero-lateral STEMI with pulmonary edema and miscallaneous drunken halfwits (none of whom went ot hospital)
I actually fell asleep in my car in the garage when I got home.
It can't be good for the poor old body.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I don't know whether I should be excited or just curl up in a ball. There is a ton of work to do. :/

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
So... doing my driver training with the new agency. My driver trainer said I was not allowed to sleep at posts because I "haven't earned that privilege yet" and wont until after I get cleared, and instead have to study the Mapsco / do the homework packet instead.

Sorry, after 3 years in EMS, I sure earned the privilege to realize you sleep when you can, especially when on a busy truck, in a busy system, on a 16 hour shift. I'm an employee with several years experience, not a student trying to get his patch.

And even then, I encouraged students on my truck to relax when they could.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Reading Dubins book.

Absolutely amazing.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I'M GONNA PUNCH MY PARTNER IN THE EFFING KIDNEY.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

JPINFV

Gadfly
I'M GONNA PUNCH MY PARTNER IN THE EFFING KIDNEY.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Just say you're checking for tenderness at the costovertebral angle because he might have a kidney infection (pylonephritis).