the 100% directionless thread

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Sending MDT messages back and forth with the wife to ask if the dogs were fed and what needed to be done around the house tonight. My life is that sad sometimes.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
I got to show my student dolls eyes!

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Please tell me you didn't do that on a trauma patient who hadn't had their c-spine cleared.

Anjel

Forum Angel

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Sending MDT messages back and forth with the wife to ask if the dogs were fed and what needed to be done around the house tonight. My life is that sad sometimes.

Most of us just have to settle for text messages as the Borg hasn't thoughtfully provided us with a multi-million dollar communication system to do things like this on :D.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
You move the patient's head back and forth and see whether the eyes track or not. More accurately called the oculocephalic reflex. In a patient who is comatose, a test of the vestibulo-ocular reflex can be performed by turning the head to one side. If the brainstem is intact, the eyes will move away from the direction of turning (as if still looking at the examiner rather than fixed straight ahead). Having "doll's eyes" is a sign that the brainstem is still functioning.

http://library.med.utah.edu/neurologicexam/html/cranialnerve_abnormal.html#13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_R0LcPnZ_w&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Please tell me you didn't do that on a trauma patient who hadn't had their c-spine cleared.

Hospice patient en route to hospice facility.

She had a very educational day. I don't have a lot to teach, but loving teaching the bits and pieces I know.

usafmedic45

Forum Deputy Chief
Hospice patient en route to hospice facility.

OK.....I just figured I would check since you went from mentioning doll's eyes to a critical trauma. LOL

Sasha

Forum Chief
We were busy bees today. Lots of calls. Student also got to do a radio report and did FABULOUS.

I am such an amazing preceptor.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Most of us just have to settle for text messages as the Borg hasn't thoughtfully provided us with a multi-million dollar communication system to do things like this on :D.

I did almost send text messages. The MDT was more convenient.

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just took a shower and realized that someone changed the shower head. And it wasnt me or my roomate.

Interesting lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
Just to make sure I am understanfing correctly....

The sympathetic and parasympathetic systems in the heart kind of keep each other in check?

Regulating the pacing, conduction, and contraction?

One increases as the other decreases?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Switched shifts to get a different driver trainer. Feel like a douche stating our personalities didn't match, but there's only so much pissiness you can take in a 16 hour shift for a month...

The sympathetic and parasympathetic systems in the heart kind of keep each other in check?

Essentially, yes.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
And to add on to that, after I can't edit:

Both are always active, one just influences slightly more than the other to get the body's desired effect.

Simply put, one can be 51% while the other 49%.

Anjel

Forum Angel
And to add on to that, after I can't edit:

Both are always active, one just influences slightly more than the other to get the body's desired effect.

Simply put, one can be 51% while the other 49%.

Got it....thanks. It's all starting to piece together.

Anjel

Forum Angel

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Basically think of this:

Sympathetic is like the throttle. Parasympathetic is like brakes.

Kind of.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Everybody is going to Paramedic school before me. :(