the 100% directionless thread

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
If any of you get a chance to have a hot stone massage, go for it! My BP went down by about 10 mmHg, I'm sure.

Miss EMT

Forum Crew Member
Wondering why I am up at this hour in the morning. Wish the snorring of other crew members would stop.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
If any of you get a chance to have a hot stone massage, go for it! My BP went down by about 10 mmHg, I'm sure.

I was actually planning on getting one soon... sounds like a good idea now

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I could go for a hot stone massage...we had our first live burn today in my fire class, and then I ran 4 miles. I'm gonna feel this tomorrow.

Emma

Forum Lieutenant
I could go for a hot stone massage...we had our first live burn today in my fire class, and then I ran 4 miles. I'm gonna feel this tomorrow.

I'm not exactly sure where you're at, but I had a fantastic hot stone massage at a place near Vienna. I'd never had one before, but it was way better than normal massage. If that's close enough to you, I can PM the name of the lady I went to. She was great.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Linuss: Just found this thing.

http://www.hyosungmotorsusa.com/product/photo.asp?cat=Cruise&model=GT250R

If it holds up well, and it's comfy... hot dang, that'll be a great bike. 250cc

Signed up for my motorcycle safety class, set for the 18/19th, and switched with a medic so I could get 3 days off without the threat of being held over late and losing $200.

I was searching around today and saw a Honda CBR 250 which looks awesome, and has anti-lock brakes which would be great, all for only $4500

Honda-CBR250.jpg

But... I also saw this, which looks like a perfect mix between sport and cruiser, for $6,800:

Sadly a 650 which I want to stay away from for my first bike. GV650/Aquila

hotproduct.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
I'm not exactly sure where you're at, but I had a fantastic hot stone massage at a place near Vienna. I'd never had one before, but it was way better than normal massage. If that's close enough to you, I can PM the name of the lady I went to. She was great.

Just under 2 hours away from me. Hubby commutes to that area. Gosh that massage sounds nice.

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief

Anjel

Forum Angel

Anjel

Forum Angel
I couldn't withstand the temptation

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Yay, I've started a trend. Signatures quoting weird things I've said, out of context. >.<

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
Was it mean of me not to inform Jimi that the procedural anatomy class he was attending at life flight involved procedures on live animals? Ha ha

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Was it mean of me not to inform Jimi that the procedural anatomy class he was attending at life flight involved procedures on live animals? Ha ha

If I had a chance to do a class like that, I'd seriously be in. Usually the animals that were going to be euthanized anyway, at least this way something can be gained from their death.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Usually the animals that were going to be euthanized anyway, at least this way something can be gained from their death.
You mean besides dinner? :p

8jimi8

CFRN
It wasn't mean at all.

I was in shock for about 3 seconds. Then I thought, well its better to practice on a goat and a ferret than a 10 year old or a 10 minute old...

So lets go through the list of firsts today.
1st time placing a <5kg LMA
1st time intubating something roughly the size of 2 coffee straws

1st Femoral Line Placement along /c first sutures. (and it didn't take me 30 minutes to find the vein... sheesh)

1st Needle Thoracostomy
1st Chest Tube insertion
1st Pericardiocentesis
1st time to palpate a beating heart (as well as palpating the aorta - surprisingly fibrous)
1st time playing /c a rib spreader
all on a live animal.

Well then the vet tech, put him down and then...

1st needle cricothyrotomy
1st percutaneous tracheostomy
1st open cricothyrotomy

I skipped the Vidacare promo. Ive drilled the fake bone enough times (that's what she said)

8jimi8

CFRN
If I had a chance to do a class like that, I'd seriously be in. Usually the animals that were going to be euthanized anyway, at least this way something can be gained from their death.

They are repeating the course in may. $350 if you are a member of IAFP or ASTNA.

I will definitely be going back. Not in May, May is SLAM course in dallas, but next year. Also if you go to the TNATC course, they hold a live procedural lab for that course as well.

8jimi8

CFRN