the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
IMG_4699.jpeg

Republican, Democrat, Independent, Moderate, Green Party or whatever your political affiliation is. This is a former US President and as an American this should not stand. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Love him or hate him. Violence against an individual that has a different opinion than yours is most definitely not the answer. Americans should unite and come together to pray for all those affected.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Republican, Democrat, Independent, Moderate, Green Party or whatever your political affiliation is. This is a former US President and as an American this should not stand. Right, wrong, or indifferent. Love him or hate him. Violence against an individual that has a different opinion than yours is most definitely not the answer. Americans should unite and come together to pray for all those affected.
Exactly. What are we Russia? (Looking at the way Putin dealt with Opposition like Navalny...

(Too bad the bone spur draft dodger won't go "I don't feel safe" and drop out though... that would be best, let him focus on his remaining felony trials, and future impending Epstein related indictments, without distractions....)

(And with that, I'll shut up about politics... maybe... for now... probably lol)

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Looking at the way Putin dealt with Opposition like Navalny...

Or Stalin with literally anyone...

I will say though... that picture is hard AF... get grazed by a bulled that misses your temple by millimeters, tell your secret service agents to wait while you put your shoes on, put your fist into the air and say "fight" into the mic as you walk off the stage... hardcore man...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
This Atomic Bear paracord is kind of nifty. Guess Popular Mechanics would not lie.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
I'm working at a place that was on a 36 one week, 48 the next schedule, and they announced back in December that it would be changing. Recently the 48 hour weeks went away, and we're now doing 3 x 12 shifts per week. No scheduled overtime anymore. Pay rate didn't change but I have a lot more free time.

I have also been working at an AMR county but the drive was getting to be long as more traffic hit the road, gas prices, etc. So I transferred to an operation that was much closer. However, I didn't realize that as a part timer, I'd not only have to be credentialed in each county (already was in 2 of them) but I'd have to go through FTO time for each one as well. Basically I end up a 3rd rider for a bunch of shifts, doing all of the patient care/charting anyway. Ok, whatever.
What changed things was finding out that even though the CBA said "must commit to 48 hours a month" what that really meant was "If you are not pre-scheduled, you will constantly be chasing shifts and hounded until you meet that 48 hour requirement."

at this point in my life, I have way too much going on. I had a polite conversation with one of the head folks there, thought about it for a while, and submitted my resignation.

already feels like a huge stress relief. having 4 different protocol sets in my head has been a bit too much for me. I'm no spring chicken anymore, and honestly I didn't see much of an advancement path there for me anyway other than street side posting paramedic. So I made the decision to let the part time gig go, even after losing the overtime at my full time job.

going to give it a couple months and see how things are. My wife is already freaking out but I don't think the financial hit will be that bad. And honestly, I'd much rather have the financial hit instead of the stress that it was causing me. There may be some overtime shifts here at the full time job anyway as people take vacation/etc. I can always hop on with one of the other IFT services in the area. Hell, at this point I've been to Home Depot so many times that I've been half tempted to apply.

So... for y'all. part time job questions. Any suggestions in Northern California for ones that *don't* demand a ton of hours, but actually pay decently? Surprising how many places around here are paying barely over minimum age. AMR was giving me about $33/hr as a CCP (but wasn't working as one, no provisions to do so...)
Just curious. I'm taking at least 2 months off from part time stuff because I'm busy with other things in life.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my Department has a tradition where we brunch on the weekends. Like everyone buys something for brunch and brings it in and we do a group cook.

Alternatively we could go out and order out from someplace. Last week we were coming on duty from one of the other watches that had ordered out from a nice little brunch spot.

Just those leftovers alone convinced our Capt that we could donthe same and order out from there tomorrow...

Until this morning (getting off shift before tomorrow's brunch shift) he was like "I don't think there'll be enough leftovers for the next shift, so we'll just buy and cook our own brunch like normal" (so the same bacon and eggs like every time)

Like if we're gonna spend $15-20 bucks outa pocket anyway, I'd really rather get a nice plate I didn't have to worry about cooking/cleaning up after, but oh well... even tho the idea was started by leftovers from Button Up Cafe, he can't stand the thought of not leaving leftovers for the next shift (which will be doing their own Sunday brunch)...

Le sigh lols

Firehouse drama... #firstworldproblems haha

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Guess I need to get a medical alert bracelet now.

Attachments

• 451201312_10225129008720277_7935354686897178887_n.png
    451201312_10225129008720277_7935354686897178887_n.png
    379 KB · Views: 42

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So my Department has a tradition where we brunch on the weekends. Like everyone buys something for brunch and brings it in and we do a group cook.

Alternatively we could go out and order out from someplace. Last week we were coming on duty from one of the other watches that had ordered out from a nice little brunch spot.

Just those leftovers alone convinced our Capt that we could donthe same and order out from there tomorrow...

Until this morning (getting off shift before tomorrow's brunch shift) he was like "I don't think there'll be enough leftovers for the next shift, so we'll just buy and cook our own brunch like normal" (so the same bacon and eggs like every time)

Like if we're gonna spend $15-20 bucks outa pocket anyway, I'd really rather get a nice plate I didn't have to worry about cooking/cleaning up after, but oh well... even tho the idea was started by leftovers from Button Up Cafe, he can't stand the thought of not leaving leftovers for the next shift (which will be doing their own Sunday brunch)...

Le sigh lols

Firehouse drama... #firstworldproblems haha
And we didn't get a chance to do any of that, as instead, we spent 10 hours on a brush fire...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Crater Lake—> on down the Cali Coast. Lots of Redwoods. Lots. Drove the whole way there and back.

@ffemt8978 hats off to the truckers of the world. Not for me, even with moderately behaved Chur-rens. Glad to be home but what a blast.

Attachments

• IMG_4623.mov
    8.5 MB

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
With just a few clicks of a mouse, subtraction of funds from the bank account, and a small amount of luck, I have successfully renewed my Paramedic license until 2026.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Working with a stranger today. He has a thigh rig. I cannot.