the 100% directionless thread

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Whew, talk about a "welcome back to work after 2 weeks of vacation"
0330 we get woken up to Relocate to cover another stations area, not uncommon when a big incident is happening somewhere (my station is one specially designated to Relo to cover the gaps)... and then we get dispatched to the second of these three fires. Was out there until just after 7, basically pulling back into station just in time for 8am shift change lol

https://www.kitv.com/news/local/aut...cle_131faf7a-6b97-11ef-832d-27583dbefe6b.html

1725772071968.png

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I’m just curious, why are you always posting random fire department stuff, not even remotely related to EMS, on an EMS forum?

It would be like me, going to a Chevy pickup truck forum, and posting recipes for pasta I made while driving my Ford.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I’m just curious, why are you always posting random fire department stuff, not even remotely related to EMS, on an EMS forum?

In the 100% directionless thread... c'mon Rob, let the thread stay true to its non-EMS related topics.

NomadicMedic

In the 100% directionless thread... c'mon Rob, let the thread stay true to its non-EMS related topics.
All good.

I couldn’t sleep last night, no matter how many times I turned over. So around 1:30, I grabbed my kindle —some science fiction junk I’d been meaning to get into. It was one of those dystopian futures, where society’s collapsed, and everything’s run by machines. Pretty bleak stuff. I read a few chapters, enough to take my mind off the clock, and before I knew it, it was past 3 a.m. Still, no sleep came. Just a real cheerful way to pass the night.

At 6 a.m., like clockwork, I was awake again, despite not feeling rested. I got up and went straight to the kitchen for coffee, which is the only way to start the day. I watched the pot drip slowly, that familiar sound filling the room. The coffee tasted fine—not great, but it did the job. After a cup or two, I figured I should eat something. Scrambled eggs on toast seemed like the easiest option, and honestly, I wasn’t in the mood to put in more effort.

The toast came out alright, though I had to put it through the toaster twice because the first time it barely browned. I like it just a little crisp, nothing fancy. The eggs were scrambled with just a splash of milk and whisked until they had a few bubbles—makes them fluffier that way. I stirred them in the pan on low heat, and they came together quick. A little salt, a little pepper, and that was breakfast. Nothing special, but it filled the gap. Then, it was on to the rest of the day.

IMG_5164.jpeg

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief

It would be like me, going to a Chevy pickup truck forum, and posting recipes for pasta I made while driving my Ford.
He’s sharing. Nothing wrong with that.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Trying to figure out what to cook for dinner tomorrow...

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
How about a nursing home Pt, status post motorcycle crash rehab (well, "rehab", TBI and ventilator dependent, and basically non responsive at baseline...) cc Tachy (HR 140-150) with a nice bright purple in his Foley bag, temp of 103° but cool, pale, diapharetic... and of course this was like 48 hours before they called us...

NomadicMedic

How about a nursing home Pt, status post motorcycle crash rehab (well, "rehab", TBI and ventilator dependent, and basically non responsive at baseline...) cc Tachy (HR 140-150) with a nice bright purple in his Foley bag, temp of 103° but cool, pale, diapharetic... and of course this was like 48 hours before they called us...
Never mind. I’d rather read descriptions of fires. :)

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
So around 1:30, I grabbed my kindle —some science fiction junk I’d been meaning to get into. It was one of those dystopian futures, where society’s collapsed, and everything’s run by machines. Pretty bleak stuff. I read a few chapters, enough to take my mind off the clock, and before I knew it, it was past 3 a.m. Still, no sleep came. Just a real cheerful way to pass the night.

Terry Pratchett is the apex of speculative fiction in my mind - and not as depressing as some