the 100% directionless thread

ffemtrb

Forum Probie
I don't know what state you are in, however in New York State, the EMS regulations
part 800.22 (g) states:
"(g) have all ambulances built after July 1, 1990, equipped with a heating, ventilation and air conditioning system which maintains the patient compartment at approximately 75 degrees Fahrenheit regardless of outside temperature;"
https://regs.health.ny.gov/content/...ents-certified-ambulance-vehicle-construction

I see temperature control as both a patient safety and crew safety item. Good luck.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I currently have a fairly newly remounted ambulance sitting in my out of service bay because the AC in the box isn’t working.

I’ve been fighting with the vendor about this since I took over as chief and they finally agreed to fully replace all the AC component parts. Now we just wait for the stuff to arrive.

Frustrating.

I wouldn’t put a truck on the road without patient compartment AC. That’s a recipe for a bad day. I I

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Not an ambulance, but despite being a hot, humid, 80* year round, we can't seem to figure out A/C in any of our trucks, they always break, and the Maintenance Shop can't fix them, and we're just told "too bad so sad, roll down the window for A/C"

In other news, because our 10 year old Frontline truck (with no immediate plans to replace) has been in the shop for over a month (and likely still be there for another), and the 20 year old reserve truck we were using also going into the Shop... we got to change over into a 30 year old reserve truck yesterday. Great day to pick up Overtime, getting to repack 2,000+feet of hose, and figuring out where to store all the equipment when the truck has literally half the compartment space lol

Attachments

• GRMRv4UbUAAV-qk.jpg
    GRMRv4UbUAAV-qk.jpg
    479.7 KB · Views: 5
  • GRMRwBabwAAvo-8.jpg
    GRMRwBabwAAvo-8.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 5

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
On a related note, my chief’s buggy is a 2006 Chevy Expedition that has the coldest AC I’ve ever experienced.

It’s so cold that max AC is actually unpleasant.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Not an ambulance, but despite being a hot, humid, 80* year round, we can't seem to figure out A/C in any of our trucks, they always break, and the Maintenance Shop can't fix them, and we're just told "too bad so sad, roll down the window for A/C"

In other news, because our 10 year old Frontline truck (with no immediate plans to replace) has been in the shop for over a month (and likely still be there for another), and the 20 year old reserve truck we were using also going into the Shop... we got to change over into a 30 year old reserve truck yesterday. Great day to pick up Overtime, getting to repack 2,000+feet of hose, and figuring out where to store all the equipment when the truck has literally half the compartment space lol
But is it set up to ride Tailboard?

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I don't know what state you are in, however in New York State, the EMS regulations
part 800.22 (g) states:
"(g) have all ambulances built after July 1, 1990, equipped with a heating, ventilation and air conditioning system which maintains the patient compartment at approximately 75 degrees Fahrenheit regardless of outside temperature;"
https://regs.health.ny.gov/content/...ents-certified-ambulance-vehicle-construction

I see temperature control as both a patient safety and crew safety item. Good luck.

That must be nice. I remember AMR days in the So CAL desert where the back of the rig would be 90+ with the A/C on… blowing lukewarm of course because it can’t keep up with the 115+ temps outside.