the 100% directionless thread

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
When I get a chance I do read them. Most of the transports are 5-15 min except for most of the psych ones. I also have a notebook filled with various disorders I’ve never heard of like Noonan Syndrome. I’m never going to see a PT with Noonan Syndrome again but still. Just got done a call where we waited at the destination for an hour and five minutes because the hospital gave the guy Ativan and they weren’t supposed to. So we ended up waiting for the facility to figure out what to do. Poor guy’s wife was a mess.

Fezman92

NJ and PA EMT
And I think I ****ed up my left shoulder. Hurts to move. Might have to ask to go home early and/or ask for my next shift off. Damnit.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
I had an IFT of a LOL who was a six year old on the Titanic.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Sorry for the hard right turn here, but WTF?!?!?!
Sounds like it was an ongoing riff between a couple of FF’s at that station; sad for sure //shrugs//.

I wouldn’t know, but is this common in the firehouse culture?

GMCmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Last time I got a work rental I was upgraded to an Excursion. No such luck this time, back in a tiny Corolla.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I liked my rental car. I probably should look into a new car. My commute is 157 mi. I am driving a Dodge Durango that says it gets 11 mpg. :/ The car is also unreliable ever since the gasket cracked half a year ago. We had it repaired instead of buying a new car, but it continued to have problems afterwards. We've had to replace the water hose, the gasket cracked again (covered by warranty), had to replace the "PCM"? I guess that was a computer thing for the car. It went haywire saying that there was no electricity, all the electricity in it was turning on/off like it was dead, battery symbol, but battery was good. Axel was leaking and made loud noise so both of them got replaced. Before realizing the gasket was cracked again, it had a continuous check engine light for the 6th cylinder and replaced all of the spark plugs, spark plug wires, the charge coil, and fuel injectors trying to fix that check engine light. Was driving rough as well. We've put all this money into fixing it and it's been mostly working fine. Had one incident where the check engine light wasn't just continuous, but flashing! That resolved on its own before I could pull over, and the mechanic couldn't find anything noticeably wrong with it... I was driving somewhat fast up hill so think maybe I just over pushed it? Replaced an oil piece that they think maybe was very dirty or clog that could've triggered it. I just like that the car is big and very comfortable inside, but it has not been financially friendly to me, especially taking a 24% paycut for the new job and the longer commute I have now.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I liked my rental car. I probably should look into a new car. My commute is 157 mi. I am driving a Dodge Durango that says it gets 11 mpg. :/ The car is also unreliable ever since the gasket cracked half a year ago. We had it repaired instead of buying a new car, but it continued to have problems afterwards. We've had to replace the water hose, the gasket cracked again (covered by warranty), had to replace the "PCM"? I guess that was a computer thing for the car. It went haywire saying that there was no electricity, all the electricity in it was turning on/off like it was dead, battery symbol, but battery was good. Axel was leaking and made loud noise so both of them got replaced. Before realizing the gasket was cracked again, it had a continuous check engine light for the 6th cylinder and replaced all of the spark plugs, spark plug wires, the charge coil, and fuel injectors trying to fix that check engine light. Was driving rough as well. We've put all this money into fixing it and it's been mostly working fine. Had one incident where the check engine light wasn't just continuous, but flashing! That resolved on its own before I could pull over, and the mechanic couldn't find anything noticeably wrong with it... I was driving somewhat fast up hill so think maybe I just over pushed it? Replaced an oil piece that they think maybe was very dirty or clog that could've triggered it. I just like that the car is big and very comfortable inside, but it has not been financially friendly to me, especially taking a 24% paycut for the new job and the longer commute I have now.
Sounds like it's time to take that thing out back or at the very least keep it as a local commuter.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Off to take NRP. Been almost a month since I did the online portion... Hopefully I remember what to do 😬

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Yeah you post in the NREMT section saying my test stopped at *any given number* did I pass?
Haha! I will do my best to never take that test again. But apparently I do remember how to do neonatal resuscitation!

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Haha! I will do my best to never take that test again. But apparently I do remember how to do neonatal resuscitation!
I was wondering which NRP you were referring to. I’m up at the end of the year.

One of the nurses asked me how it is. I told them it’s an AHA course. So it’s basically premi/ neo PALS.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I like NRP. I feel like it is different from the other AHA classes. Kind of get tired of the CAB and high quality CPR stuff over and over. It's nice to focus on ventilation, slight change in routine at the start, post ductal oxygenation target, umbilical cannulation, etc. Easy and a lot of CEs as well. I also like the online simulation as well with feedback. It's much more honest than a live instructor.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Would love to take PEARS but it seems to be a hard class to find

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I am no longer an orientee at work. O_O

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I will never understand the 3rd trimester pregnancy with a cigarette in hand as well as dad and grandma all smoking in the same room. With a little heroin and crack sprinkled in for a little extra quality prenatal care. Such a great environment for what's about to be a 5th child. 🙄

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Nothing like getting summoned for jury duty when you won't even be in the same time zone on those dates. I knew registering to vote was a bad idea.