the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Had one of those patients that baffled me. GSW + all up in the spinal business= I can still move my legs.
Sounds like central cord syndrome. “You can dance, but you can’t clap”.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
May be getting banned from working special events for being a black cloud. (Though nothing too horrible happened...)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Where to now?
Like I said, just cutting back hours so I can focus on some education and other things so I can get my exit plan lined up. I'll still essentially be full time at 3x12 a week, I just won't be on a fixed schedule and pulling the same amount of hours I have been. Not sure where my "where to" actually will end up being right now.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So, there's a hiking trail we're second in for. A trail that's had multiple rescues in the past couple months. If the first in company is unavailable, we'll be the ones hiking in. SO...we get to hike the trail next shift on duty as a preplan for the target hazard.

BUT, it's my shift to cook, and the Bn Chief has already said we can't go until afternoon due to other training...SO it's been decided I'm cooking lunch for my crew before the hike. And sandwiches and the like are rather....frowned upon in this department haha

So, what would be a good lunch to prep before a hike (roughly an hour or so actual hike) ? Lol

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
So, there's a hiking trail we're second in for. A trail that's had multiple rescues in the past couple months. If the first in company is unavailable, we'll be the ones hiking in. SO...we get to hike the trail next shift on duty as a preplan for the target hazard.

BUT, it's my shift to cook, and the Bn Chief has already said we can't go until afternoon due to other training...SO it's been decided I'm cooking lunch for my crew before the hike. And sandwiches and the like are rather....frowned upon in this department haha

So, what would be a good lunch to prep before a hike (roughly an hour or so actual hike) ? Lol
I'd say chili or something you can keep in a thermos. Easy to store and hands free if you're making a mess working.

PotatoMedic

Make trail mix and granola bars!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Like I said, just cutting back hours so I can focus on some education and other things so I can get my exit plan lined up. I'll still essentially be full time at 3x12 a week, I just won't be on a fixed schedule and pulling the same amount of hours I have been. Not sure where my "where to" actually will end up being right now.
Right on, do they let you keep any benefits?

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Right on, do they let you keep any benefits?
I don't need insurance through work because of that lovely age cut off of 26. My retirement account will still be contributed to and some of the other smaller benefits I can still use. So the ones that matter to me, yes.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

chicken crud-
Canned chicken,
Egg noodles,
cream of chicken in the campbells can.
Heat canned chicken with the cream of chicken in pan 1.
Cook noodles in pot 1.
combine pot 1 and pan 1, instant food.

PotatoMedic

You could also do DiGiorno!

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I’m loving my new job. Teaching an EMT and AEMT class and feel like I’m finally starting to make some positive changes here. :)
I totally do not like to teach.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I had to say goodbye to my 14 year old border collie/lab mix today.

I’m shattered.
Sorry to hear the news. Been there a few times over the years.