the 100% directionless thread

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Pretty stoked. Came up on some free Kayanos through Zappos on a count of UPS' foul up.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
California authorized ketamine for analgesia.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
California authorized ketamine for analgesia.
We have? That is news for those of us who are still conducting the trial study to see if CA paramedics can use Ketamine correctly.

I know CA wanted the trail study expedited.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Our county is just waiting for the state EMSA’s approval. That and TXA aren’t far off. Eh, cool.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Wonder what trial study we are going to start new since our current medical directors seem to be a fan of them.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I got a phone call from my bank (well Federal Credit Union technically) earlier:

Bank: "Hi this is a courtesy call to remind about your upcoming credit card payment"
Me: "Um ok, but I already submitted my payment, like I actually physically walked into the branch yesterday and handed the teller a check"
(Yeah, it's the FDs FCU...when I signed up for the card in Academy I didn't know their system was set up that that's the easiest way to make payments cuz they're not set up for interbank transfers ><
Bank: "Oh ok, yeah I see that payment...it hasn't posted yet, typically takes up to 18 hours"
Me: Ok?? I made the payment yeah? What, is there something you want me to do to speed up your own process?? (Ok that was in my head not out loud but still..)
Bank: Is there anything else we can help you with today? Would you like to apply for a personal loan perhaps?"
No...(you called me! And seriously hitting me up to apply for a loan right now? I hate banks...can I just hide my money in a mayo jar in the yard? Lol Maybe I can be one of those peppers that invests all their money in gold?)

Seirende

Washed Up Paramedic/ EMT Dropout
I spent 260 to title and get plates/registration for my car for two years (and a special plate) in potato land.

I pay $75 dollars to renew my registration every year in dairy land.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
I pay $75 dollars to renew my registration every year in dairy land.
When my tabs expire in two years i will only pay 45 dollars for one year. I think 75 or 80 for two more years.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
My dad paid 75(?) for his 05 Ram in AZ... easily ~$500 in CA... needless to say I'm extremely jealous...

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Well tomorrow should be interesting. Working the music festival. Last year they said they had an obscene amount of transports from it.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Guess that's a small point for Florida in places I'm looking at going, but I really, really hate the weather...
I hate the weather too. Here's the current temps at 5am
Screenshot_1.png

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Hm...$15 for a movie ticket, single. Though it is one of those theaters with the full size recliners...
$20 for concessions, a large (and I do mean large) coke, small (and I do mean small) ice cream thing and an ok size chicken tenders and fries...

(All to (finally) see the Solo movie lol)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Yup....thanks to almost a days worth of hold over OT, midmonth paycheck covered all remaining monthly billed plus vehicle registration....and that's about it lol, had to spend a few days grinding out the Uber side gig for gas and groceries and still have $50 left in checking after the movies today ha. With enough time left in the month, hopefully get some more holdover OT this week, and with grinding on Uber....should actually have profit again instead of playing catchup

As of right now as a Recruit, I can only get hold over OT, usually only a few hours at a time while someone is at a physical or whatever....12 hrs is the single longest block involved....only like 5 or 6 more weeks till we clear Recruit probation, get promoted to FF1 with its pay grade raise, and can work full 24hr OT shifts....yeah I'm looking forward to it haha :)

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
@StCEMT , where are you off to?
Just cutting back a bit so I can focus on getting my post-RAA plans in place. I've been pulling 60+ hour weeks trying to get finances in order, but that's getting in the way of other things I gotta do and I'm finally in a place I can dial it back. As to what the definitive plans are, I don't know, still figuring that out.