the 100% directionless thread

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
We've got one truck with the power load. It's nice. The Stryker power stretchers are decent.

If you remember picking up the old ferno stretchers, working on a truck with power stretchers is like living in the future with flying cars!

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Other than watching that crew demonstrate the new gurney for us, I haven't got a chance to really use a power cot yet. Most people here comment on how they really like the power idea, but are still somewhat apprehensive about the extra weight of tge gurney itself when it comes to navigating obstacles, hopping curbs and steps, getting into people's homes, etc.

What I do know, after having worked with manual Stryker cots and the Ferno Pro-Flexx cot, i really like the Ferno over the Stryker in almost every way, and if i had the option to choose, I'd take the Ferno with no hesitation.

Hopefully I'll get the chance to work a shift with the new power system before long and can actualky pass some judgement on it lol

VentMonkey

Family Guy
We outfitted our entife ALS fleet with the Strykers a few years back, our CCT unit has the Ferno Power gurney.

They Strykers are heavier, even when compared with the Ferno power gurney. Our BLS fleet is still using regular "A" frame Fernos. As a guy who has already had one back surgery, I am more than happy that we made the switch, and will take the added weight of a power cot over the added risks of an inevitably recurring injury.

I'm not saying they're a total guarantee, but man there are days when they truly are a godsend. Those days are typically more often than not.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
but are still somewhat apprehensive about the extra weight of tge gurney itself when it comes to navigating obstacles, hopping curbs and steps, getting into people's homes, etc.

Keep the center of gravity low, eat wheaties, and drink brotein. Weak sauce...

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We've got one truck with the power load. It's nice. The Stryker power stretchers are decent.

If you remember picking up the old ferno stretchers, working on a truck with power stretchers is like living in the future with flying cars!
Wait till you experience the INX. Robot cot is awesome.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Wait till you experience the INX. Robot cot is awesome.
Two LAFD stations (both bordering our area, so we got to see them at the hospital often enough) were/are testing power cots to (potentially) replace their Ferno Pro-Flexx's. One has a Stryker power cot and power load (same system we're supposed to get) and the other the Ferno INX. The City guys all pretty much say they dislike both in comparison and would rather keep the Pro-Flexx....but it was the INX they all universally seemed to hate because it was so complex (paraphrasing their words...basically you can just push in/pull out...phrasing lol....the Pro-Flexx and be good to go, put it in chair mode and you can easily get it just about anywhere you need it....meanwhile watching try to figure out the right combo of controls to unload the INX at the hospital was...humerus lol, def took longer even once they seemed to get the hang of it)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
But anyways, back off topic...my grandpa got moved to a new nursing home this weekend. We drove over to visit him (he's actually doing fairly well, more alert today than last few times we've seen him, and he likes the food at this place better so that's a plus lol). My dad let me drive his new '16 Ram and we met my Aunt and Uncle in the parking lot before walking in.....I remarked that it doesn't feel right driving a big red truck to a SNF and walking in with a group of 5 people and NOT be wearing gloves and pushing a big yellow gurney lol

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
But anyways, back off topic...my grandpa got moved to a new nursing home this weekend. We drove over to visit him (he's actually doing fairly well, more alert today than last few times we've seen him, and he likes the food at this place better so that's a plus lol). My dad let me drive his new '16 Ram and we met my Aunt and Uncle in the parking lot before walking in.....I remarked that it doesn't feel right driving a big red truck to a SNF and walking in with a group of 5 people and NOT be wearing gloves and pushing a big yellow gurney lol
And going in through the visitor entrance and not the ambulance entrance....rofl

CALEMT

IMG_0595.PNG

1 Battalion Chief, 2 engines, 1 truck, 2 helicopters, and us (ground ambulance) all for a 70 YOM who got to close to the edge. 20 foot fall onto rocks.

On a side note. I really hate it when my amazing carne asada burrito blows out toward the end.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
View attachment 3380

1 Battalion Chief, 2 engines, 1 truck, 2 helicopters, and us (ground ambulance) all for a 70 YOM who got to close to the edge. 20 foot fall onto rocks.

On a side note. I really hate it when my amazing carne asada burrito blows out toward the end.
CHP for the hoist, Mercy Air for the transport? Was CHP non-ALS staffed for the day?

re: your "burrito blowout" crisis. The jokes are too easy, but I will say: ya gotta leave it in the aluminum so as to chase it to the base of the burrito, then? Bam! A pool of greezy carne asada goodness to enjoy. That, or your burrito roller was not on their "A game" today.

CALEMT

CHP for the hoist, Mercy Air for the transport? Was CHP non-ALS staffed for the day?

re: your "burrito blowout" crisis. The jokes are too easy, but I will say: ya gotta leave it in the aluminum so as to chase it to the base of the burrito, then? Bam! A pool of greezy carne asada goodness to enjoy. That, or your burrito roller was not on their "A game" today.

Yeah CHP was BLS so they hoisted and Mercy transported.

I threw a bowl under it so when all was said and done. Bam! Burrito bowl.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Not quite the blowout 8 thought you meant

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk