the 100% directionless thread

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
What kind of boots does everyone rock now? I'm on my second set of Bates and it's time to retire them. Tried 5.11, they fall apart albeit very comfortable. I need something with a side zip for long shifts. Anyone got experience with HAIX?

I wear bates because that's what I get for free. But under armor tactical boots are great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
What kind of boots does everyone rock now? I'm on my second set of Bates and it's time to retire them. Tried 5.11, they fall apart albeit very comfortable. I need something with a side zip for long shifts. Anyone got experience with HAIX?

FF111 station boots.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I love my haixs. They have lasted 4 years and the only issue with them is the laces are starting to break. I'll be getting a new pair soon.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I've got the 5.11 ATAC boots. I had a issue a few years back, the side material where the zipper was started to rip. I called 5.11 and they replaced my boots with no questions asked. In fact, the boot designer called me and asked a bunch of questions about them and how I used my boots, the fit and comfort.

I've currently got 2 pairs in rotation and have zero complaints.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My day to day boots are a pair of light weight under armours. They have stood up to near constant use for about 2 years now (up to 6 days a week there for a while) and they are nice and light, feels more like wearing tennis shoes. I have a pair of 5.11's that I keep for colder weather/snow/generally ****ty weather conditions. They will probably get rotated through here for a while now that its snowy and single digit temps.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
They don't like me very much over there.... I asked a question and got the most absurd answers back. "Tips for starting an accelerated BSN" answers included. "Become an MD" "quit your day job" and the most interesting response of "why"... Much more helpful on emt life lol

That forum is awful, or at least it was when I last looked at it probably 7 or 8 years ago.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
That forum is awful, or at least it was when I last looked at it probably 7 or 8 years ago.
the 15 mins you took with me explained most of what i needed to know, and they were just condescending pricks over-there in my honest opinion. But i'm also not the biggest people person i guess?

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Gender =/= biological sex. Terminology does matter in this context. And that's most assuredly not true, the DSM doesn't say anything like that.

And don't forget, male/female dichotomy is not necessarily cross-cultural (think: the Hirjras of India).
So, what you're saying is outside of Male and Female, the rest is infact a mental-illness (In first world countries)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I got that same call. Just had to tell my supervisor um drunk and intend to keep driving and he left me alone lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
New rig, complete with power cot and power load system spotted in the wild! Sub 300 miles, although the crew reports the new ambulance smell is already been pushed out by their code yellow patient haha

Attachments

• 20170107_162530.jpg
    20170107_162530.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 184
  • 20170107_162530.jpg
    20170107_162530.jpg
    661 KB · Views: 174
  • 20170107_162329.jpg
    20170107_162329.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 155

VentMonkey

Family Guy
New rig, complete with power cot and power load system spotted in the wild! Sub 300 miles, although the crew reports the new ambulance smell is already been pushed out by their code yellow patient haha
Are those dedicated Compton rigs?

mct601

RN/NRP
I may try the haix. I prefer a lighter, sporty fit versus heavier/bulkier. But those features can be hard to find in a waterproof/slip proof setup. Its been a while since I have boot shopped, I started with 5.11 due to recommendations and bought a set of Bates mid-shift when my 5.11 waterproofing was shot and they got internally soaked during a hurricane shift.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Are those dedicated Compton rigs?
Nope, that one is out of the main Hawthorne station.

Currently no "dedicated" Compton units or station. My station in unincorporated Willowbrook/Rosewood area pretty much covers the west half of Compton and the Paramount station covers the east half. They're trying to keep a day car posted towards the middle of town that'd put whoever is at that post as first up for the city.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Nope, that one is out of the main Hawthorne station.

Currently no "dedicated" Compton units or station. My station in unincorporated Willowbrook/Rosewood area pretty much covers the west half of Compton and the Paramount station covers the east half. They're trying to keep a day car posted towards the middle of town that'd put whoever is at that post as first up for the city.
Right on. Are they going to outfit the entire fleet thaf way eventually? Also, shiny trucks for the win again. Keeping the directionless thread directionless:).

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
My back is jealous. Last shift I think we lifted almost 2000lbs of people with like 6~ patients, only one was under 300 I think.....I miss being able to lift with one finger.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Right on. Are they going to outfit the entire fleet thaf way eventually? Also, shiny trucks for the win again. Keeping the directionless thread directionless:).
th

:)

Thats supposed to be the plan, last I've heard, up to 30 of those new rigs are supposed to show up this year, we'll see though...

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
I decided to not fill that shift since I didn't get near enough sleep and they actually did more than the normal ETOH, clueless nursing staff, and BLS transfer. Thursday will be back to the normal balance in the universe of the above calls when I get back to work again. :p

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess

My tiny rural company is getting one o' those. I can hardly wait!