the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Maybe I should use the magical editing on my previous post had it not been from 30 minutes ago...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Not quite the blowout 8 thought you meant
See, CAL? Too easy. Thanks, TJ. It was the first thing that popped in my head as well...
Yeah CHP was BLS so they hoisted and Mercy transported.

I threw a bowl under it so when all was said and done. Bam! Burrito bowl.
Do the HEMS guys shut down on every scene call in your guys area, or was this some remarkable circumstance (i.e., hoist rescue)?

Also, style points for the burrito bowl idea, nice speed.

CALEMT

See, CAL? Too easy. Thanks, TJ. It was the first thing that popped in my head as well...

Do the HEMS guys shut down on every scene call in your guys area, or was this some remarkable circumstance (i.e., hoist rescue)?

CHP shut down but Mercy stayed spooled. CHP landed and Mercy was like 2 minutes behind them.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll

I have had a lot of fly outs from scene calls and they have all been hot loads.

My last hoist rescue call the airship did not shut down.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
CHP shut down but Mercy stayed spooled. CHP landed and Mercy was like 2 minutes behind them.
I have had a lot of fly outs from scene calls and they have all been hot loads.

My last hoist rescue call the airship did not shut down.
As a whole, I don't think the corporation is a fan of shutting down, that being said I do known there are some programs Air Methods absorbed that still practice this pretty regularly.

I'm sure it's regional, and (base) cultural dependent as well. It's rare for us to, but if we have to for some reason, I know we've moved off the side of the highway in the past to do so.

As a whole, I don't think the corporation is a fan of shutting down, that being said I do known there are some programs Air Methods absorbed that still practice this pretty regularly.

I'm sure it's regional, and (base) cultural dependent as well. It's rare for us to, but if we have to for some reason, I know we've moved off the side of the highway in the past to do so.

I hate hot loads. I'm always afraid I'm going to be taken out by a rotor blade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
I so miss the desert....anyone know a good West Texas or desert EMS system?

Although I certainly can't complain about call acuity. RSI, a stroke and dopamine all yesterday.

I'm too short to really have to worry about it haha

As am I, coming in at 5'8, but it's something I still worry about! [emoji23]

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I so miss the desert....anyone know a good West Texas or desert EMS system?

Although I certainly can't complain about call acuity. RSI, a stroke and dopamine all yesterday.
First flight is still hiring lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
As am I, coming in at 5'8, but it's something I still worry about! [emoji23]

I'm 5'6" depending on what stilettos I am wearing that day. I always wear my helmet for hot loads. That will protect me right??

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
north las vegas detective died in line of duty :(.

I'm 5'6" depending on what stilettos I am wearing that day. I always wear my helmet for hot loads. That will protect me right??

Lucky! I don't get a brain bucket to protect me at this gig.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
View attachment 3380

1 Battalion Chief, 2 engines, 1 truck, 2 helicopters, and us (ground ambulance) all for a 70 YOM who got to close to the edge. 20 foot fall onto rocks.

On a side note. I really hate it when my amazing carne asada burrito blows out toward the end.

2 helicopters? Why?

Sometimes, we all blowout when we eat a burrito. Happens to the best of us.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
2 helicopters? Why?

Sounds like a hoist rescue was required

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

VentMonkey

Family Guy
2 helicopters? Why?

And the jokes keep coming (I love this site)...

One for hoist, one for transport. Our service areas does the same. Ourselves and the other HEMS airship in our county don't do hoist rescues, but our county FD, and LE both do, predominantly at the BLS level.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey, I am just keeping true to the last part of my 2017 resolution.

Ah. Fire does all the technical stuff here as far as I know, so that's new to me. Interesting.

CALEMT

but our county FD, and LE both do, predominantly at the BLS level.

Same here. Although today the FD helicopter was staffed ALS today which I found odd cause it's never staffed ALS. Becides FD's helicopter is to heavy to land on the helipads at the local hospitals. CHP on the other hand is regularly staffed ALS, has hoist capability, and can land on the hospital helipads. Mercy and reach are HEMS only, no hoist or high angle rescue capability.

CALEMT

Lucky! I don't get a brain bucket to protect me at this gig.

I'm surprised at Hall with all it's Cult following and glory doesn't provide helmets.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Hey, I am just keeping true to the last part of my 2017 resolution.

Ah. Fire does all the technical stuff here as far as I know, so that's new to me. Interesting.
Fire has a helicopter that is able to hoist but it very rarely comes over to our area (it's mainly used for wildland fires). Usually CHP is the closest, sheriff is next, sheriff from the next county, and then county fire is usually the order they follow.

County fire is unable to land on our helicopter pads due to the weight of their airship. With CHP it is very mixed what they will do. Sometimes they will hoist and fly directly to the ED, other times they will drop off to the ambulance, and still others they will drop off to a HEMS unit.