the 100% directionless thread

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
I didn't get a good look at the 12 lead. Just a quick peak of the second that we ran after switching the leads. Sounded like lateral/posterior. Extensive cardiac history per fire.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Weird, but sounds like a significant LCA occlusion. Did he finish up?

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So is it BLS units that respond for transports and BLS calls, with ALS first response (not transport capable?) from FD?
They actually currently transport in their own ALS ambulances, but for reasons, they are shutting down their BLS AO program and have contracted with us, and apparently they'll use their ALS vans as squads, where we transport all the calls, like we currently do with LACoFD. Water Cooler gossip is that this is fallout from this: (story broke in March of 2015 btw) http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...ghters-without-emt-permit-20150326-story.html

https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...50707-story,amp.html?client=ms-android-att-us

https://www.ems1.com/ems-products/aeds/articles/3010042-AEDs-back-on-Calif-FD-ambulances-and-trucks/

Rumor also has it that either Compton FD wants to be absorbed into County Fire or vice versa, but I haven't seen any actual documentation on that though.
Dude started having chest pain during intercourse. Coded at the hospital and called at the hospital. If you're gonna die, that's the way to go man.
I can't imagine his partner is feeling about that turn of events...

maxresdefault.jpg
"How would you like to die, Tyrione, son of Tywin?"

"In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a maidens....[censored to avoid the ban hammer]";)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
they are shutting down their BLS AO program and have contracted with us, and apparently they'll use their ALS vans as squads

Ah, the joys of fire-based EMS.

Tyrion FTW!
game-of-thrones-tyrion-lannister-a-mind-needs-books.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Get to nursing facility for aloc. Nurse lady knows nothing besides Parkinson's and diabetes and assumes the pt was drunk before we got there because their residents are drinking every night....what the **** guys...such a quality establishment....being treated as a stroke, he better hope its not.

If I ever get stuck in a nursing home they better let me drink every night!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief

I love this idea - and so do (some) elder care facilities! Here's a good example of this from the NYT:

Disregarding typical nursing-home rules, Beatitudes allowed Ms. Nance, 96 and afflicted with Alzheimer’s, to sleep, be bathed and dine whenever she wanted, even at 2 a.m. She could eat anything, too, no matter how unhealthy, including unlimited chocolate.

If I can't have a stiff drink when I'm 96 because it might kill me, well, then I think we're missing something here.

They really should bring EMS folks into the discussion on nursing home, palliative care, and transfer issues.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief

I didn't mind the drinking part as much as I minded they didn't know **** about him. So easy to assume he is drunk and not actually check on him, which sounds like was the case until she decided he wasn't sobering up.

StCEMT

Forum Deputy Chief
And on the note, I need food. Non stop all day. I don't think we ever reached a post before we got a call. >< I had a feeling today was gonna be hectic.

CALEMT

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I heard Petraeus might be being considered for another Cabinet position also? Petraeus +Mattis in the White House = awesome in my book.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
I'm not in the corps and I'm still extatic!

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
Watching the grand tour... Aka top gear... Love it, picked up where they left off! :)

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
I can't believe I nearly had to argue with the Denny's waiter that a side of bacon is more than just a single solitary strip (which is what he brought out....I had to have him give me a menu so I can point out where it says that a side of bacon is 4 strips....)

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
good vodka recommendations anybody?? I have Ciroc, and New Amsterdam(cali people :)). What else should i add?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
good vodka recommendations anybody?? I have Ciroc, and New Amsterdam(cali people :)). What else should i add?
Titos vodka, out of Texas. It's good stuff. Very smooth.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

CALEMT

I can't believe I nearly had to argue with the Denny's waiter that a side of bacon is more than just a single solitary strip (which is what he brought out....I had to have him give me a menu so I can point out where it says that a side of bacon is 4 strips....)

I want my bacon dammit!